Ghost Recon.net Forums

Project Novo (Preview) Release.

Alright ladies and gents, here's the preview version.

Project Novo Version 0.9.5P

Project Novo is a Community Based Project to update Ghost Recon's .rsb textures to provide a more modern and fresh look on the 11 year old game. It features re-textured maps, character skins, HUD, interface and effects (plus a wee bit more to be added later)

All I Have to say really, is just enjoy it for what it is, not for what it lacks. There is a very high chance that what it lacks will be changed.

Screenshots will be added as of when i have access to my desktop.

but for now a bit of contradiction,

What will be changed in the future:

Map Shots files will be updated to show the Novo textures.

The Command Maps Will be updated Slightly.

Island Thunder Textures will be updated

"Training" will be completed

M05's Textures will be updated

M15's Textures will be updated

M10's textures Will be updated

maps that have been missed (Docks) will be re-attempted.

Credits in the Menu and in the Image compiled with the mod will be updated with new names.

Extras to Be Added

Let me know if textures have not been changed, there were times where i had to do them in another mod, and i probably didn't update the Novo preview.

Edited by Zeealex

Word of advice, in a release thread, speak about what the mod IS, not what it is not.

Read this thread with the eyes of someone new to the site and/or mod, there is no clue what it contains!

Quick edit required, here and to the download entry. If you write somehting up I'll put it in.

Congratulations on the release, Alex et al! I know you've been sweating over this for a very long time and poured your heart, blood and soul into this mod. Even if it may not be completely finished just yet, Project Novo is a monumental and inspirational effort as it is, and this preview serves as an impressive foundation for future refinements and completion. Kudos, young lady and all involved! :thumbsup:

thanks Apex, my thoughts are firmly set on the fact that without the participation of Wombat50 and other community members, it would not be where it is now.

oh! just remembered something PM inbound ;)

Edited by Zeealex

0.9.6p will be released soon-ish, I have new textures to go up, and wombat50's spotted some errors that need fixing as soon as.

0.9.6p will fix these errors in Mission 2:

m02-nogrounddetail.jpg

m02-barnfloor.jpg

plus an alpha channel problem in the river and human error in the ground dms

and 0.9.6p will contain updated vilnius textures from pz3!

plus credits file changes and menu screen changes.

Edited by Zeealex

Quick edit required, here and to the download entry. If you write somehting up I'll put it in.

Please, take 10 minutes out of modding it, and help me promote it, write up a few words on the content :popcorn:

Always looking for a better way to diminish the pattern in textures caused by too much contrast.

http://wiki.polycount.com/ValueCorrection?highlight=%28%5CbCategoryTextureTechnique%5Cb%29

Link touches on offsetting but it's mainly about diminishing "value variation"

Have tried other methods but so far this gives good results in most cases.

Well the last picture, the windows maybe could get (if possible) better graphics? and on the second-first picture, i think it looks strange with a building out of bricks, and something different material used on the other building. :hmm: Else it looks neat. :thumbsup:

Oh forgot, the first picture looks also a bit strange with two different brick types on the same building?

I would update the resolution and quality of the textures if i could, but its those awkward bldstrip types that get on my nerves, i can't really do anything other that change what the texture looks like. but yeah, i suppose i could change the old red brick texture at some point, it's gonna look really awkward though, because it's shared, so no shouting at me if it doesn't look right! :lol:

thanks for the quick feedback! :D

Edited by Zeealex