Ghost Recon.net Forums

Operation X - New mission!

Version :P Thanks btw, it will be something extremely new ;)

Oh well, thanks john! Now theres one comment back by Z, but i assume i have to life with it.

Oh well, thanks john! Now theres one comment back by Z, but i assume i have to life with it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have deleted several comments from the download entry.

When posting in the download section people have the right to voice their opinion but they should treat the author with respect. The same rules apply for the download section as they do in the forums.

Ok lets get this thread back on topic folks!!

ussr_infantry characters have white pouches. Opened the USSR_Infantry_infantry2_01.chr file in notepad. Edit / Find - Typed in RSB and enter. Found 3 names:

head.rsb

USSR_Infantry_infantry_01.rsb

att_ussr_kit5.rsb << This 1 I cannot find in the mod, probably the problem.

Played this a bit and found it very different not being able to soul switch.

Hard but enjoyable. Only gripe are enemies shooting at me from off the map through the tree line texture.

Approximately P5 or P6 on the command map. I was able to take them out with several frag attempts.

Didn't get far enough to report any bugs.

Yeah, it's pretty hard :P I like when you can't switch, this makes, that you have to think in another way, so when you're commanding around with your soldiers, you really have to use some tactics.

I don't know if i have said this, but, i forgot, that when you have placed demo charges, it says:

"Extraction is at bravo14, i repeat. bravo14." It's up in the right upper corner, around insertion Charlie.

Teppe,

Please take this as frienley and constructive advise.

Why not consintrate on getting project X working correctly first, before moving on to something new.

Its a good start , so polish it up, iron out the bugs and make it good, if you leave it now, unfinished then all the work you put into it and advise you have had from other people have gone to waist ! and it will end up discarded a broken mod no one want to play. It may even make people think twice about DLing anything else you put out there...So please finish project X first.

I understand you, i should do, but then i have to patch it, and i just think, who wan'ts to patch a mod? I do, but i know theres alot of people out of the forums that just download a mission without thinking on the patches... correct me if i'm wrong.

As it would be a complete revamp (you need to remove a lot of files) then you could release the complete mod again, just make sure it's all working before you send it to me.

When making small changes (as you did with the first four updates) then it's best to release a patch.

I agree with Hammer 100%.

To be honest Project X is not finished, it is a beta.

It is a good idea but needs polish.

An Admin probably can delete the current or present version in the download section

with the corrected or finished version when it is ready. That way there are no patches.

There is no need to rush. It should be completely tested by you many times with others advice but it should be done.

With the size of the download it begs for 2, 3 or 4 more missions.

I have started working on again, right now my goals i will try to finish today is:

Intelligence on the AI, i mean, they doesn't like cover a area before the player comes, that will be unrealistic if they don't know the player is in area, they will joke ,drink whatever

but also intelligence like contacting spetnaz or farm for dam support etc

And if they are ambushed, what to do.

I'm editing the mission pretty much now, but i can't promise it will be easier :P A bit i thin, but not much. Ex, i have edited the lav25 vehicles on farm, that just killed you if you were near lol, to some trucks, taken off the spetnaz in farm and taking off alfa, taking of the reinforcements platoon, but i will add spetnaz soldiers another place.