Ghost Recon.net Forums

Operation X - New mission!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... let me update ... i thinked it was enough to write their names in the download section?

CREDITS:

Ingeloop - skins

RileyFletcher - BETA testing and voiceover

ZeeAlex - The ''No Feed'' image

Teppe - Mission

Even This is not full Credits

yeah, don't get lazy with credits, it's not fair and your respect amongst the community could be at risk, you may also have the mod deleted and you may get a firm telling off from the admins or worse.

it's also really REALLY unfair to tell them to live with it teppe, that's just plain rude and ungrateful!

your list is very scarce and just because things are on the sharing is caring list, doesn't mean that the modders don't get credit, in fact I'm pretty sure it says something about that on the thread.

I don't mean to sound arrogant or anything, but if you look at Project Novo, there is a list (that needs updating) in the mod folder in jpeg. AND a list (that again, needs updating) on the menu screens. compared to that, which took the grand total of 4 hours to organize and create, a little readme with the full list of credits for YOUR mod is nothing just do the full list, teppe out of respect.

a little advice from modder to modder:

create the mod's readme before ANYTHING ELSE, so when you use someone's assets you can add their name and for what, the second it is added into the mod so you don't forget to add them in the last minute rush.

Edited by Zeealex

Sorry , i have said sorry. Sorry. I gotta learn that to next time. I forgot in the last moment, i got it. i Understand it. I thinked i have learned my lesson, maybe we should move on from here? It was a stupid action from me, but we're all humans - and humans does mistake, sometimes things that looks so stupid.

Thanks RileyFletcher, i agree.

We need to remember that Teppe is new to modding so he needs constructive criticism, what he doesn't need is derogative comments.

Anyway, Teppe has sent me some updated credits which have been added to the download entry.

Few points:

Credits! The main problem you have here is you have included a load of uneeded textures and model files that are not even being used. :hmm: You need to get rid of all those files that are nothing to do with this mod.

Map folder. You are only using MorningVersion you can delete the DayVersion folder and save another 25mb...

There are .DS_Store files in all the folders. They all need deleting before uploading. Believe these are MAC files that store folder information?

no_feed_cmd_map.rsb seems to be in 2 folders.

Frankly it is pretty messy. And probably too late to deal with it now. You would nearly half the mod file size. Next mod, ensure you only use files that you actually use, and keep a note of anything at all you use from other mods, adding a text file in the mod with this information.

If you used my ammo boxes for example, in here, and gave me no credit, I would be ######. Pls respect other modders. ;)

Played the mission in coop last night with a 4 man team. We only play with no respawn, and the insertions that end because 1 person died sucked big time. Edited that my side just for us. We go in and should have all lives available to complete the mission.

Otherwise, this is a really good mission you have made. Hopefully you will update it in time with lot of random stuff to really make it a great mission. Take the notes lightly and good work with the mission. Enjoyed it. :)

Few points:

Credits! The main problem you have here is you have included a load of uneeded textures and model files that are not even being used. :hmm: You need to get rid of all those files that are nothing to do with this mod.

Map folder. You are only using MorningVersion you can delete the DayVersion folder and save another 25mb...

There are .DS_Store files in all the folders. They all need deleting before uploading. Believe these are MAC files that store folder information?

no_feed_cmd_map.rsb seems to be in 2 folders.

Frankly it is pretty messy. And probably too late to deal with it now. You would nearly half the mod file size. Next mod, ensure you only use files that you actually use, and keep a note of anything at all you use from other mods, adding a text file in the mod with this information.

If you used my ammo boxes for example, in here, and gave me no credit, I would be ######. Pls respect other modders. ;)

Played the mission in coop last night with a 4 man team. We only play with no respawn, and the insertions that end because 1 person died sucked big time. Edited that my side just for us. We go in and should have all lives available to complete the mission.

Otherwise, this is a really good mission you have made. Hopefully you will update it in time with lot of random stuff to really make it a great mission. Take the notes lightly and good work with the mission. Enjoyed it. :)

X2 :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work,, whats the deal with the the missing textures on webbing ?

Hi Teppe, I played stealth v1_4 in sp mode and found the following problems:

In the platoon set up the omon sniper was not holding a weapon, nor was any listed.

I only had control of the first character in my alpha team, I could not control any the other 5 characters.

The map crashed after 3 minutes of play.

Why are WOI russian skins mixed in with modern russian skins?

Yep, OMON sniper was a fail i forgot :/ But he actually got a weapon ingame

You actually only have control of one character, to do it more realistic

not sure about the crash

because these modern skins was the only ones i could fin with radiopacks

Oh Tinker and Hammer:

Thanks, i couldn't find textures on webbing, it also ###### me off

Oh well, yep, the mission was a BIT hard lol

I didn't know what those DS.Store files was, but i loanned some stuff from MVD osnaz where they where, and i thinked they may were required?

Oh well, all those stuff in 2 places etc, i thinked WinRar would delete it? oh well, yeah, i deleted the day mission of the map, but forgot in map folder :P

Thanks! ;)

Oh and about the credits, it was a stupid action by me, of course i have respect for you guys, it did look me stupid, i hope you can pardon me :(

Oh well, maybe i overreacted a bit over this Zar something guy on the download section, but omg, it really sounded like he really didn'th ave any contructive to say, and that ###### me of. He's talking about unreal strenghts? On who? What can i maybe do better?

Edited by teppe

John, please check out the download entry for this mod and remove the disparaging comments on Teppe's mod by this 'Zarevich' character who obviously doesn't consider the work that went into this project worth respecting. You know why this mod has so many bugs? Because he had only two days to test it. And it isn't his fault. He's been waiting for me to send files for it and by the time I got around to doing it he only had a few days left and I really don't see how he can be held responsible for rushing it. Give the guy a break and look back at your FIRST real project -- I doubt it was perfect. I would like to see some of this Zarevich guy's finished work before he badmouths and overwhelmingly criticizes Chudy and Teppe's mods. Maybe an IP ban is in order.

If you even think about teppe's work in a bad way you need to stop right now and think for a second. How great and superior was Claiming Liberty? Some of you think it was but I really think it sucked in many aspects. The kits were lame, the missions were buggy, I screwed around with fog settings the last day before release and didn't test them, and some missions were extremely easy or too hard. But it was a start and now I've done things like my Realism Enhancer and Texas Militia which I think are awesome. My modding days are about over and I can tell you one thing -- if you're interested in having a committed, skilled, and hard-working modder in the future you'd better start respecting him more.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

Not sure, Chudy Picio took a lot of flak from him on his mod's download entry page and teppe got his mod seriously badmouthed. He's probably just one of those download page lurkers who sit around and have nothing better to do than download and crap-talk mods. They're so interested in how many flaws are in everyone's work but they can't put out the effort to make their own.