Team vs Team Tournament

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No actually I can't, playing those two with no respawns is really pathetic. Especially HH. It just turns into a last-man-standing game. With respawns, killing the enemy is less useful, especially if they have unlimited lives, so it encourages you to focus on the objective rather than shooting people.

• 2 weeks later...

To summarize one last time:

Date: January 12th, 2013

Time: 1600hrs GMT

Participants:

Five of the -=[GRF]=-

Rocky

Zazel

Sneeky

ApexMods

Saker

Seven of the TOS

CPT.9E

MSG.2F

MSG.5G

SSG.6L

SSG.7A

PFC.0K

PFC.4S

Four of the -eG-

TheClownZor

Drax

Gunz

Tragedy

Six of the | R'c

Titanium

Pumpkin

Fuller

Demonio

Doom

LordHood

Eight of the =*CHI*=

Ser

Overonx

Nov@to

@lex@n

7Speed

Astr(*)

chechi

SOL!DY3R

Very loose restrictions on team numbers, but minimum is three while the maximum is nine.

Please make sure all listed team members can participate; also send me the names of those who are not included and have confirmed their participation.

Rules & Guidelines:

Rocky will record all scores and after-action reports of both teams with a screenshot. Replays will be recorded.

The regular server rules apply at all times.

The tournament will work on an elimination system.

Scoring & Gametypes:

Hamburger Hill: 10 minute time limit. Unlimited respawns. Score = time in zone - deaths

Search and Rescue: 20 minute time limit. 3 team respawns. Score = secured hostages - kills - deaths

Last Man Standing: No time limit. No respawns. Score = kills - deaths

• 4 weeks later...

Any room for Papa6? let me know

Oh, and what about we just play with one new map? Caribbean misilie crisis or the farm or both?

what about winners choice? I always played whereby winners of a match got next map choice

Those aren't original maps; teppe meant he wanted to use user-created maps.

Papa6, if you can contact the e-G (elite Ghosts) team (see contact info on roster on last page) they might have an opening. They could probably use some help; four men versus nine men won't be pretty :rofl: If that doesn't work, you might show up on the server anyway. There will be plenty of room and you can team up with another team that needs help.

Any word on the server, Apex? I doubt it will be up by the 12th so I guess we'll have to look for alternatives pretty quickly.

Sure! We'd be glad to let you try out for a position in the Tactical Operations Squad as long as you are interested in tactical, coordinated gameplay. Here's our website (link); you can post in the forums about joining there. We can talk about your schedules and get some games in with you then.

Regards,

TOS.CPT.9E

Six days until the action begins! Here is the roster; hopefully everyone on it can participate on January 12th, 4PM GMT:

Five of the -=[GRF]=-

Rocky

Zazel

Sneeky

ApexMods

Saker

Eight of the TOS

CPT.9E

2LT.2F

SGM.5G

MSG.6L

MSG.7A

SFC.4S

CPL.3Z

PVT.7W

Four of the -eG-

TheClownZor

Drax

Gunz

Tragedy

Six of the | R'c

Titanium

Pumpkin

Fuller

Demonio

Doom

LordHood

Eight of the =*CHI*=

Ser

Overonx

Nov@to

@lex@n

7Speed

Astr(*)

chechi

SOL!DY3R

Please show up on time and make sure you don't get time zones confused :P

No AI. That would be incredibly stupid because there is nothing fun about getting aimbotted by a bot at 300 meters. Either we be realistic and say that there is no "team-balancing" in real-life battles or we have each team limit themselves to the number of men on the opposing team, for example:

We are going to play the GRF, so we will only field 5 guys.

They will have those settings up until the day of the tournament. The mod and password will be removed Saturday. Also I am not concerned about lag; Rock recommended this server and it is better than GameRanger. If you are still concerned you can talk to Tinker about it or host the game on your CHI servers.

The server is 100mb up/down and is situated in Norway. We can have up to 14 people playing coop sometimes, regulars are from UK, US, EU. We never experience any lag. Hope it will be fine for you all.

Riley will have the server enter and admin pw Saturday, plus we will have 1 member in the server as spectator in case of any issues. We do have remote access.

Now will we be wanting to save replays?

The server can be joined by starting Ghost Recon, going to Multiplayer, clicking the Online tab, and entering this IP address at the bottom left of the screen in the address bar:

Now, click ADD and join the server. The team leaders will be sent the server password by Friday and it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that all of your team members have the password.

Desert Siege and Island Thunder will be the only mods running.

A 9MS admin will watch all of the games in observer mode and will be online at all times to help.

Replays of each game will be saved.

Rocky and I will be provided with the remote access password.

You will need to show up around 3:45PM GMT. We don't want to sit around waiting for you to show up ten minutes after game time.

The games are estimated to last around 3 or 4 hours in total; however, I cannot give a precise time.

If there are any details I have overlooked, please remind me.