Eagle Claw, ready for beta testing

JohnTC02

Hi Rico,

I'm sure I mentioned that you don't have to complete that objective to finish the mission, I had a feeling that some may have problems with the elevator so I designed the mission to allow for that.

So if you can't complete the "Terrorist Leaders" (with the elevator) objective just move on to the next and the mission will complete.

I'll take another look at that problem Rico but to be honest I think I'm just pushing the game engine a bit to far on this one.

I will leave the elevator in the map when released as it's a nice addition when it works as it should.

Many thanks,

John

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I mentioned that you don't have to complete that objective to finish the mission, I had a feeling that some may have problems with the elevator so I designed the mission to allow for that.

With regard to this...can you change the name of the objective on the screen (HUD locator) from "Terrorist Leaders" to "Terrorist Leaders (Optional)"? Or maybe "Optional: Terrorist Leaders"?

If you're in game going from one objective to another, there's really nothing telling you this objective is optional. It probably comes up when you first join (or maybe not if you join a game already in progress?)? If people head right first when starting out, that's the first one they come to.

Edited by JackDoe

Hi All,

Rahnman has kindly done a revised set of instructions for installing the sound mod.

If you all think these are ok I will go ahead and get the mission released.

Thanks for your help here Rahn, it's much appreciated.

Sound Mod Installation Instructions

Included with this read me file you will see two additional folders

A) English

B) Sound

- For those who play coop using regular weapons please do the following:

1) Locate your main GRAW2 folder and open it.

Ex: Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/UBISOFT/Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

2) Find the "Local" folder and open it (note: it will only be there if you have installed patch 1.05 available from UBISOFT)

3) Replace your current "English" folder with the "English" folder in this mod.

THAT'S IT! (you will not need the "sound" folder)

'

NOTE: The information inside this "English" folder will flag the games' anti-cheat if you attempt to play tdm, hh, siege etc. types of games.

If you attempt to log onto Multiplayer servers you will be told that "Altered Files are not permitted to prevent cheating".

The solution is very simple.

1) Go back to your "Local" folder.

2) Right click on the folder and select "Rename".

3) Rename the folder to something else.

Ex: "Local_Sound_Mod" or "Local_Real" or "Local_1"

The idea is that the game will not recognise the file anymore and will ignore it. This will allow you to log onto multiplayer servers.

Once you are done playing multiplayer and wish to play coop simply rename the folder to "Local" again.

- For those using a weapons mod such as Brettzie's or Rahnman's.

1) Find your Local folder and open it

2) Open the folder of the weapons mod you use

Ex: Rahnmans_coop_kits_v4.01 or bp_weapons_pack_v3.02

3) Open the "sound" Folder.

4) Go back to this sound mod and open the folder that says "sound".

5) Drag the "sound_rego_4.xml" file from this sound mod and drop it into the sound folder of the weapons mod. If you use more than one

weapon mod you will have to copy/paste it into the sound folder for each mod. (Note: you will not need the "custom_sounds.xml"

as it should be in both Brettzie's and Rahnman's sound folders already)

Note: if for some reason the weapons mod that you use does not have a sound folder then simply drag the whole sound folder

from this mod into the folder of your weapons mod.

Ex: /Local

/graw2_ext_153_beta (this is a weapons mod)

/sound (this is the "sound" folder from this sound mod)

THAT'S IT! Run the weapons mod in the same way you always have!

------------------ If your game crashes ----------------------------

FIRST! Go back and make sure that you have installed everything correctly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, very rarely, some operating systems will reject having both the English Folder and a weapons mod folder inside the same Local Folder.

Do your local folder contents look like this:

/GRAW2

/Local

English (Folder, with sound mod folder inside)

Rahnmans_coop_kits_v4.01 (Folder, with new sound_rego_4.xml file inside the sound folder)

This is actually what it should look like. But if your game crashes and you cannot find any other reason as to why it keeps doing so then you

may want to try having 2 local folders. One folder will contain the weapons mod and one folder will contain the English folder.

Do the following:

1) Inside your GRAW2 folder (not inside your local folder) right click on any white space and select "New Folder".

2) Name the new folder "Local_Sound_Mod"

3) Open the other local folder (the one named simply "Local")

4) Drag the English folder from the "Local" folder into the "Local_Sound_Mod" folder.

Now you should have two Local folders inside your main GRAW2 directory. They should look like this:

/GRAW2

Local (this one has the weapon mod in it. i.e Brettzie's or Rahnman's)

Local_Sound_Mod (this one has the English folder from this sound mod in it)

The folder that is simply named "Local" is the one that the game will recognise and read. As the files are listed above, the local folder containing

the weapons mod is named "Local" so that is the one the game will read. In this configuration you should be able to run your weapons mod. Try running

the weapons mod and see if the game still crashes. This should fix the problem (assuming that you haven't made an error in any of the instructions already

given).

Now if you want to run the sound mod with REGULAR weapons you will have to change the name of the files.

1) Rename the "Local" folder to "Local_Weapons_Mod" (or anything else that suits you, as long as it is NOT "Local")

2) Rename the "Local_Sound_Mod folder to "Local"

Here is what this should look like:

/GRAW2

Local (this one has the English folder from this sound mod in it)

Local_Weapons_Mod (this one has the weapon mod in it. i.e. Brettzie's or Rahnman's)

Now you can play coop using regular weapons.

The point is that only one Local Folder can be active. The active file is the one bearing the name "Local". The file that you designate as "Local"

will correspond to the weapons type that you desire. The other local file must be named something else (anything else that is not already a system

file name, you cannot have 2 files bearing the exact same name).

If you want to play tdm, hh, siege type games then (again) ANY information inside a "Local" folder will flag the games' anti-cheat. In that case you

will have to rename BOTH of the local folders to something other than "Local" (so you will not have a "Local" folder at all), like this:

/GRAW2

Local_Sound_Mod (this one has the English folder from this sound mod in it)

Local_Weapons_Mod (this one has the weapon mod in it. i.e. Brettzie's or Rahnman's)

Now both of these files will be ignored by the game and the anti-cheat will be satisfied and allow you to play tdm, hh, siege type games.

I think that looks good. It separates out the instructions for regular or weapons mods, and from troubleshooting (if crashes occur). Can't see it being any simpler or clearer than that. And anyone downloading and installing the new maps already is familiar with the file structure under GRAW2 (and where to find it all).

Edited by JackDoe