Ghost Recon "Labor of Love" Mods Contest 2012

ApexMods

Ghost Recon "Labor of Love" Mods Contest 2012

GR.net is proud to announce another prize contest. We will give away a dozen Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Complete Packs on Steam plus a dozen of our Ghost Recon Mods Collection on DVD to the next 12 modders (or mod teams) releasing a new "Labor of Love" mod for the original Ghost Recon here at GR.net until November 13th, Ghost Recon's birthday (Edit: contest extended until December 24th). For extra enticement, the best 3 mods (chosen by a jury of GR.net staff) will be awarded the following prizes:

1st Place: Astro Gaming A40 Audio System Astro Edition Gaming Headset & Mixamp

a40_as_lifestyle_2.jpg

2nd Place: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard

17701.png

3rd Place: Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Gaming Mouse

r9_1.jpg

When we say "Labor of Love" mod, it means that we ask for some quality as to avoid people publishing e.g. an empty mission file just to earn a prize. The work must display considerable dedication and/or innovation. Valid mod entries don't necessarily need to be large (e.g. a single new mission can apply), but they need to provide features deemed worthy of the "Labor of Love" attribute by a jury of GR.net staff. Eligible mods must also participate in our "Sharing is Caring" license program.

For those pondering what kind of mod to make, here are 10 suggested examples for inspiration:

• A single new mission with an intricate story backdrop, comprehensively outlined in an elaborate mission briefing accompanied by some nice briefing images and maybe even a voiceover. The mission itself with dynamically changing objectives depending on the team's performance and many randomized elements woven in for sustained replayablility.
  • A set of new high-resolution skins for the Ghosts displaying attention to minute details like e.g. authentic uniform patterns, realistic fabric textures, accessories used by real operators, proper unit and rank insignia, or individual personalised features (beard, tattoo, lucky charm).
  • A sound pack with updated realistic and balanced effects for weapon, environment, and maybe even character sounds.
  • An equipment pack that reshuffles available kits to include new combinations of weapons to take into the field.
  • A weapon realism mod to meticulously adjust handling, accuracy, recoil, stopping power etc. of all original weapons.
  • A multiplayer team pack that changes the playable characters of all teams e.g. to civilians.
  • A campaign with storytelling and puzzle-solving elements along the lines of an adventure game.
  • A campaign that consists of (more or less interactive) movie sequences for laid back entertainment.
  • A Duke Nukem conversion.
  • A zombie mod.

Ghost Recon is extremely easy to mod, so even absolute newcomers to the game and/or modding in general should be able to create something quite presentable in a short amount of time. Remember that the first 12 "Labor of Love" mods are sure winners, and if your work shines with excellence there is a fair chance to make it into the best three for the top prizes.

You have less than 2 months to do this, so ready your modding skills and get going RIGHT NOW!

Your GR.net team

:thumbsup:

Winners of the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Complete Packs & Ghost Recon Mods Collection on DVD so far:

H-Hour
Hana_JP
RileyFletcher_01
teppe
Chudy Picio
Zeealex & Wombat50

*Edit: New prizes added (9/29/12), Time extended (11/13/12)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this single modder contest only?

Good question, we probably should have made this clear, and I will amend the opening post in this regard. Prizes should go to the first twelve mods published, so for mods created by two or more people, the mod teams themselves decide which team member gets a prize. If we gave prizes to individual team members we might end up e.g. with a single mission allegedly created by 12 people claiming all the prizes.

Good question, we probably should have made this clear, and I will amend the opening post in this regard. Prizes should go to the first twelve mods published, so for mods created by two or more people, the mod teams themselves decide which team member gets a prize. If we gave prizes to individual team members we might end up e.g. with a single mission allegedly created by 12 people claiming all the prizes.

Dam!!

oh well thats the South Wales Community made mission mod out the window them . :wall:

Dam!!

oh well thats the South Wales Community made mission mod out the window them . :wall:

Any suggestions on how else this should be handled, then?

*Edit: I mean, if it really shows that several people were involved in the mod, maybe we could make an exception. ;)

Dam!!

*Edit: I mean, if it really shows that several people were involved in the mod, maybe we could make an exception. ;)

LOL, was Hammer's Welsh humour lost on you there Apex?

The stakes have just been raised. Check the edited opening post. :)

Crickey that is some amazing prizes there!!!

Modders come out of retirement and get busy!

Dam!!

LOL, was Hammer's Welsh humour lost on you there Apex?

The stakes have just been raised. Check the edited opening post. :)

Crickey that is some amazing prizes there!!!

Modders come out of retirement and get busy!

Sorry Apex :rofl:

Yes i have to say, they are some amazing prizes, I just wish RL would give me time to get into a project for this comp,, I could do with a new key board :wub:

I'm aiming for second place LOL

3rd for me! I need a new mouse :P that and i would like to work a true labor of love into Ghost Recon.

you said before the 13th right? what about on the 13th, and can existing WIPs count?

AND can it be mod resources that work as a mod?

Edited by Zeealex