GRFS Player Survey from Ubisoft?

Rocky

I've lost track, does the PC version support XP yet?

Nope, and no ETA... How's that for a three month old 'promise'? If that's not bad enough there really hasn't been one documented bug fixed in the 'Title Updates', but there have been at least a hand full new ones introduced...

:(

Edited by 101459

I'm absolutely sure Ubisoft is working on those fixes and XP compatibility "as hard as they possibly can" to provide that "best possible PC-centric gaming experience" their fans have become so accustomed to throughout "Ubisoft's history of dedication to the PC platform and PC gamers".

Wasn't that the reason they cancelled postponed cancelled postponed cancelled postponed the PC version of Future Soldier for - I don't recall now, what was it - a decade? Remember that "Ubisoft has carefully listened to its fan community" to deliver "exactly what fans expect from Ubisoft's AAA titles". Yep, I have no doubt.

I'm absolutely sure Ubisoft is working on those fixes and XP compatibility "as hard as they possibly can" to provide that "best possible PC-centric gaming experience" their fans have become so accustomed to throughout "Ubisoft's history of dedication to the PC platform and PC gamers".

Wasn't that the reason they cancelled postponed cancelled postponed cancelled postponed the PC version of Future Soldier for - I don't recall now, what was it - a decade? Remember that "Ubisoft has carefully listened to its fan community" to deliver "exactly what fans expect from Ubisoft's AAA titles". Yep, I have no doubt.

LOL! Too well said sir!

I have to admit I've been punked, not so much by Ubisoft's vague, obtuse and slimy 'weenie speak', as this:

grpic-799602.jpg

Ergo, my gullibility for the name, the 'has been' author, the brand -- the legacy of heroic military professionalism of what once was good literature and ambitious game design...

Personally as I have taken an oath to some of the ideals represented there, I feel I should stop doing the 'Ubisoft Brand' the service of even uttering it, and start calling it: 'that unparalleled game military professionals and fans still mod and play that RSE developed a decade ago'...

Just say'n...

icon_salute.gif

Edited by 101459

... but console players love the new GR... The population they are sampling is biased.

Funny you should say this. Last night, AGB while getting ready for BF3, compared the worldwide online counter for both GRFS and BF3. We found that at the time we checked (Friday night, aprox 9:00 pm EST):

- GRFS had 288 PC users, 3,200 + Playstation & aprox 4,500 XBox

- BF3 had 24,000+ PC users and aprox 40,000 +/- for each the PS3 & Xbox.

So really, console users still are not really playing GRFS as compared to one of the competitors.

Well im new to this site. But I was an original player back when the original GR came out and played in a top ranked clan for 3-4 yrs. I have purchased a few other GR games and was disapointed with them all. So this time before I purchased the newest game I thought I would check things out first. Well with all the complaints I have seen on this site and the lack of respect once again from UBI, I think Im gonna save my money and keep playing BF3 . Back in the day GR was the best game period for clans to do battle on TWL its really to bad they cant get it back.It would be nice if they brought out a modern version of the original but I guess that would be asking for to much. So all you lucky peeps who bought this game thanks for the input and saving me $65, I think I will go buy some beer instead.......

So all you lucky peeps who bought this game thanks for the input and saving me $65, I think I will go buy some beer instead.......

Or sign up for the GR tournament and show us how good you are, or used to be,,?

Yes Ghost Recon (Original) is beyond a doubt still and will be for the foreseeable future the watermark in tactical realism, but I don't think this is the answer those that bought both games, and paid $65 for the latter that are completely unable to play it are looking for...

:mellow:

Edited by 101459

• 1 month later...

Rocky, does any representatives of UbiSoft visit this forum and make comments? If not, why not? I was getting interested now in getting GRFS but after reading most comments on this game, I don't know what to do. I would think that their representatives would take part in the discussions so that I could get different views. Seems that most comments are to bad mouth the game and I don't know if thats just the nature of most gamers or their comments are accurate...?

Thanks

Tom1935

Rocky, does any representatives of UbiSoft visit this forum and make comments? If not, why not? I was getting interested now in getting GRFS but after reading most comments on this game, I don't know what to do. I would think that their representatives would take part in the discussions so that I could get different views. Seems that most comments are to bad mouth the game and I don't know if thats just the nature of most gamers or their comments are accurate...?

Thanks

Tom1935

naw mate. They even censor out thread in their forums that aren't pro GRFS.. fanboi posts like some teenager who just had sex for the first time... :notworthy:

Thanks

Tom1935

Hey Tom

It's been a while but they do post now and then. What they definately do is read a lot, and the developers too, thereis a mine of customer feedback here and they do soak it all up I can assure you.