GRFS Player Survey from Ubisoft?

Rocky

SEE UPDATED POST BELOW.

Did anyone else get this email from Ubisoft....

grfssurvey.jpg

They are asking for feedback specifically on Future Soldier, so they can make every game they produce fufill gamers expectations.

The specifically want to know WHAT you liked and what your thoughts are on Future Soldier.

As a reward for telling Ubi exactly what you thought of Future Soldier, they are so happy, they will give you credit to spend in game.

There seem to be a problem though.

When you click through to take the survey, it doesn't take you to a GRFS survey, it takes you to a blatant demographic/marketing survey where Ubosoft want to know more about YOU than they do about GRFS.

Purporting to be a survey to improve the games we pay for, when it is really a marketing survey to see how many games we buy each month and what our monthly income is?

For anyone thinking perhaps I am exagerating, there was ONE question about what I thought about specifically GRFS, and it was a rating from 1 to 10 question. All other questions were aimed at your personal status like how many games you've bought or buy each month and the other games you have played or heard of, or general gaming questions.

The Ubisoft intro has been disabled in Heroes Unleashed for some time now. :)

As for the survey, what did you expect? An honest questionnaire aimed at focussing player feedback to really improve the game? Seriously?!? After all the despicable things Ubisoft have done?

AFTER THEY CHOSE TO COMPLETELY IGNORE ANY AND ALL COMMUNITY FEEDBACK FOR OVER A DECADE?!?

Raging? By now I just cannot be bothered anymore. Guess I'll just sit back and watch them dig their own grave. Probably won't be long now before even the last gamer on earth realizes what Ubisoft stands for. Shame, and I feel sorry for the Red Storm guys going down with the sinking ship, but I guess the time to turn things around has come and gone. *shrugs*

For a long time now Ubisoft has only been surveying its customers for the kind of self-fulfilling answers it wants; with the typical parody of this going something like:

Why do you love Ubisoft products so much; is it because?

a) Ubisoft game products are the best.

b) Ubisoft Technical support is never needed.

c) Ubsioft marketing representations are so accurate.

d) Ubisoft's PR girls are so cute!

e) All the above!

But it's pretty obvious from this latest end run (unless there's been another mistake) is that this is a company that has truly jumped the shark of all integrity and accountability (well the latter has been true for some time) on a voyage to the bottom of the barrel...

When the economy is bad employees of large dysfunctional companies will take drastic and often destructive measures to do the CYA thing; in a confluence of bad economics and the business hemorrhaging red ink it just gets worse...

It's a shame so many talented Developers work/worked for this company...

:(

Edited by 101459

As background to this little episode it probably warrants mention that less then a tenth of a percent of those that bought this game for PC, are actually able to connect to and play the multi-player portion of the game, and there's been zip-**it-squat in the way of support statements addressing that fact three months in...

:rolleyes:

Raging? I'm ragequiting.

And PR? That stands for PRopaganda. :)

As background to this little episode it probably warrants mention that less then a tenth of a percent of those that bought this game for PC, are actually able to connect to and play the multi-player portion of the game

Still, nevermind eh? Borderlands 2 is upon us.

As background to this little episode it probably warrants mention that less then a tenth of a percent of those that bought this game for PC, are actually able to connect to and play the multi-player portion of the game,

There's a quote not so far back where Ubi basically said (paraphrasing here) that a hardcore GR true to its roots was a niche product with not enough interest. If you look at the online figures for people actually playing GRFS, they are so small as to easily fall into the niche category.

How's that for irony.

jeeesus, i haven't got (GR)FS (thank god!) but if i had all of those compatibility problems, crashes, gameplay errors, inability to connect to multiplayer, the backdoor in the Uplay client, and the patches doing ###### ALL. does ubisoft really want to ignorantly put their hand in the tank?

That's just the email I was thinking of there. the actual finding out that it has been misrepresented and is in fact a generic marketing survey that relates to GRFS about as much as I'm related to David Cameron, would inspire me, as such, to start a petition to get Ubisoft's ###### into gear, at least about their complete ignorance to customer care and feedback.

they need to learn that the customer cannot just be pushed and thrown around like a bear would with a ragdoll. As PAYING customers to Ubisoft you guys have standards, you paid what £25-£30 GBP for that game? £30 that could have got you something more worthwhile? a couple of movies and popcorn?

seriously guys. it's ridiculous!

but hey, my opinion is void really as i haven't bought the game and i don't want to...

I have some texture work to do anyway. laters!

sorry, am i ranting?

Edited by Zeealex

I don;t know if you are ranting zee, but my post was certainly a rant, I was a tad miffed at wasting my time, 3 times over.

Anyway, I took the survey again today and guess what, it had lots of VERY GOOD questions about GRFS. It looks like the survey was sTicking or missing a whole section out yesterday, but today it is working fine.

So, if you have played GRFS, go fill out that survey, there are some really good Qs in there!

It looks like the survey was sTicking or missing a whole section out yesterday, but today it is working fine.

... or Ubisoft noticed your little rant, thought better of it than pushing Ghost Recon's Godfather Rocky over the edge, and quickly changed it. You never know, maybe THAT was the kind of feedback they finally listened to.

;)

Anyway, I took the survey again today and guess what, it had lots of VERY GOOD questions about GRFS. It looks like the survey was sTicking or missing a whole section out yesterday, but today it is working fine.

LOL - I found your post very funny and ironic that even their surveys require patches as the original release was buggy :rofl:

Double checked by inbox and spam folder and I did not receive the survey. It is interesting to see that while the Ubi forums for the PC version of GRFS are riddled with rage posts, the console forums have nothing but praise. I understand that this is obviously due to the attention for the console versions versus the console port, but still it was just an observation that when working this would have been a great game on PC.

Note, I am still one of the ones who cannot play without crashing and feel really disenfranchised... I cannot even imagine how you feel, Rocky.

How I feel?

It's kind of frustrating and puts me in a dilemma. I love this website and the community here, and I get a kick out of running it, but the whole basis of the site is a game that disappoints more than engages.

I just live in hope that things will turn around, before I am too old to work my digits.

If enough people complete this survey, and complete the questions about open gameplay and non linear maps maybe Ubi will start to listen to what we've been saying for years. Back to roots please.

That's how I feel.

In case anyone is wondering, like I was, this survey is for console players only at this time, here is a quote from Antoine

Indeed, for the moment it's only for console players. A sample of players have been randomly selected amongst those who played a certain number of hours during a certain number of days.

That kind of rubs me the wrong way, because I would love to give some feedback.

Indeed, for the moment it's only for console players. A sample of players have been randomly selected amongst those who played a certain number of hours during a certain number of days.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Explains why I didn't get the email lol. I say this survey is going to be flawed from the get go, most people avoiding GRFS is avoiding it because of its departure from its roots, but console players love the new GR... The population they are sampling is biased.

In case anyone is wondering, like I was, this survey is for console players only at this time, here is a quote from Antoine

That kind of rubs me the wrong way, because I would love to give some feedback.

Yes they apparently never departed from a policy of self-aggrandizing self-fulfilling questions that delver the answers sought on the platform desired. This is why Ubisoft is deep in red ink so often. Even ignoring that some PC titles have slow-burn sales on Steam alone that outstrip total sales for the same title on both consoles combined; even in marginal cases the PC still brings in buckets of cash that most successful publishers will for the most part never ignore and marginalize to the extent Ubisoft has and continues to.

Consider:

The PC title is estimated to have sales in excess of a half a million units yet there are only 162 people online playing as I write this post -- that such a tiny fraction of a percent of people that actually bought the game are playing it (or are able to) would be laughable if it weren't so abject.

Most of the people I know are not able to play multi-player; connect to any games, ever, and the few that can -- can't stay connected. Ubisoft Technical Support is unable to resolve this for anyone as it's not a User issue; as Ubisoft and it's support contractor would obviously prefer to have it appear.

The Ubisoft GR:FS (PC) forum is an endless wall of shame that is 99.99% complaining about crippling bugs that make the game completely unplayable for most people posting; this is the only unfiltered venue Ubisoft is getting any real feed-back concerning game issues to scale, as when games are this bad TSD contractors don't want to look bad and neither do those accountable so both always under report.

Yet three months in, all people that paid a premium for what's supposed to be an 'AAA' PC title they can't even play get for their money -- are vague and obtuse statements like: 'a few insights about the next Title Updates' which include some maybe dates but no statements about what will or might even be fixed.

We do however get the reassurance that 'the dev team is looking at the forums on a daily basis to identify the issues some of you have'... Some? Like nearly everyone that actually bought the game? And look at the weenie speak Ubisoft has taken in calling patches (that don't actually patch or fix or anything) 'Title Updates', is that what they do 'update the title'?

This kind of conduct from a large company with the resources of Ubisoft is completely unethical with no sense of accountability -- this is a bad company that should be top nominee for this year's Golden Turd Award.

>_<

Edited by 101459