Outlaw Hunter, ready for release

JohnTC02

Outlaw Hunter v2 is now finished and ready for the public.

Apologies for the late release here folks, I have been so busy on my next map and the new sound mod that I completely forgot to get this done.

Anyway, there are no changes here from the last beta.

For this mission I'm not writing a story line as I don't think most people even read them, but if you still want a story line in my missions I can add them again. So unless I hear otherwise I will just list the mission objectives.

Along with the "EZ" the minimap now includes a "LZ" for the insertion point and "OBJ" markers to indicate the approximate location of each objective.

Download Link:

Outlaw Hunter

Mission Author: JohnTC02

Map Author: JohnTC02

File Size: 29.5 Mb

Version: 2

Outlaw Hunter

Your mission:

After completing the insertion stage your main task is to locate and rescue the US prisoners that are being held captive in a small prison complex located in a camp, also here is the camp leader so you need to find and eliminate him.

You also need to retrieve all intel from the Embassy and kill the General, before you can extract you need to secure the air defences then call in the air strike to destroy the artillery, secure the service depot and the data centre.

Objectives:

1. Secure Service Depot.

2. Secure Data Centre.

3. Secure Embassy.

4. Secure Camp.

5. Destroy Air Defences.

Map list for Dedicated Servers:

coop_tc02_outlaw_hunter_day_v2

coop_tc02_outlaw_hunter_night_v2

Known Issues:

A small area of the map has a lightmap problem, near the Embassy building you will notice that the props, vehicles and AI will look very dark, I have rendered the lightmaps several times using different settings but nothing I have tried has fixed the problem.

New Features:

There are several new animated doors and gates in this mission including a metal jail door, hanger doors and gates.

There is also an animated barrier which I have used to allow access to the extraction road, you will be prompted to press "x" (or whichever key you have mapped for that feature) to open the gate.

Switches:

As usual this mission is adaptive, if you are playing alone you will be in Easy mode but if more players join then it will update itself and then be in Hard mode.

If there is more than one player the mission will be in Hard mode but if all but one player leaves, the mission will then be in Easy mode.

Easy Switch:

If there is more than one player then use this switch to play the Easy version (this switch does nothing if you are playing alone).

Hard switch:

If you are playing alone then use this switch to play the Hard version (this switch does nothing if there is more than one player).

New buildings:

There are two new custom made buildings in this mission all of which are my own design so they are not a remake of any stock building. Pictures are on the download entry.

Thanks goes to the beta testers:

mexicobob, JackDoe, VICMAAL, hollywood, daro48, rahnman, CJo1964, Rico686 ebk52, all the team @ TAW.net (The Art of Warfare).

DOWNLOAD ENTRY ADDED

Hi John,

just came back yesterday so we played your map today. It's awesome and what I want to tell that even with that much of code it#s runnig great on slower machines. I still have the same equipment and even did not installed the E8400 for my overclocked E4400 and have 30 fps and above. Great work John. We have realized that the beta phase has been concluded after we downloaded v1.1. So just one thing I like to say. The extract is the superb but 2 snipers are a little bit in the air.

gr12.jpg

I mean both of them:

gr13.jpg

Everything else was perfect, buildings, doors, map and AI placement.

With greetings from Kaapo and of course from kaapo_Erika:

gr11.jpg

Hi Kaapo,

Thanks for the feedback, what you are seeing in those pics is a sniper crouching/lying on top of a metal fence that has been turned on it's side to use as a platform, the problem with some props is that the collision is bigger that the prop which makes the AI look as if they are floating in mid air.

If you go to the top floor of one of the buildings you will see the fence I'm talking about as it's easier to see when you are higher, I probably shouldn't have used the fencing as a platform as the collision is to big.

John

Just finished up your latest mission. Some great stuff you guys have put into GRAW 2 and it only gets better and better with each mission. :clapping: Did have some enemy AI trying their best to run through the closed gates at the camp and at the hanger close to there. Guess they knew I was coming for them!!! :rofl: To bad GRIN didn't incorporate a quick save system like good old GR. I have to set aside 5 or 6 hours just to be able to finish these missions on hard mode.