Crashing Mods

cozzie

I have just downloaded 3 mods for GR:

Frostbite v1.1

FL-AVA

Black Sun 3.0

With FB, it crashes immediately after loading the first mission, whilst the oth two crash when the fourth of fifth mission is loaded. Id like to enjoy these mods so if anyone can advise I'd be obliged

Thanks

Cozzie

A few questiosn first:

1) Are you running them all together?

If so, that could be the problem.

2) Right after the game crashes, go to your Ghost Recon install directory and open up Ike.log (NOT IkeCrash.log), and then copy and paste the botom fewlines of it here.

Thanks for your reply....I did at first use them together but realized my error but individually I got the same...anyway here's the data from the IKe log,thanks for your time

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device VIA Audio (WAVE)

driver is ac97via.sys

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file d05_aurora_shots.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file d05_aurora.env

Do you have DS, and are you patched up to 1.4. Look at the main menu, bottom right and it should tell you :)

This is the key line

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file d05_aurora.env

This means it can't find the file for opening that map :(

Go into C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\Mods\Mp1\Map\D05_Aurora(If thats where you have gr installed) and look for a file called D05_aurora.env. If it isn't there reinstall :(

I'm reading this thread with interest as I've encountered a few problems with crashing mods also. Namely Free Russia and most recently Harntrox 4: Fort Chaos (mission 5).

I'll know now to check in the ike.log - the messages seem relatively self explanatory.

@ Administrators/those in the know: It might be useful to have a short summary of common error messages and their resolutions posted somewhere on this site (sorry if this already exists).

Tks Ruin, thats a problem I can only uninstall then re-install and I cant uninstall DS alone, it also takes off GR (un less there's another way)

Ive noticed that e.g. the FL-AVA mod runs ok up to L04 which is as far as I can go with a quick mission. L05 is shown as a campaign level...is this relevant? :(

Tks everyone, clearly my problem with Frostbite is that I dont have IT installed, so that problem does not need to be addressed. However, it still leaves the mysterious case of the missing aurora files from DS which are missing from my installation disc. So Can I try your patience just a little further to see if this can be solved. One other matter of interest is that on any level where there are tanks in the vicinity of friendlies or the action is inside a building (e.g. the sub pen in GR) the movement is very jerky and slow, is there any cure for this. I realize that a lot of you gents have rather more expertise with this than I do (as a rank amateur) so please explain in simple terms.

Tks all

Cozzie

HK

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with Free Russia - last mission (mission 10) on "recruit" level in that I cannot complete it.

I have destroyed 2 t80s' and the truck yet the mission will not end.

I have completed all other objectives.

When I use IGOR to analyse the mission I find that there are 3 T80s' listed: -

i) One by the entrance to the Square.

ii) Another in the far bottom right corner of the map.

These 2 are easy pickings (on this level).

iii) A third T-80 is shown as been placed near the central rubble mound, wrecked bus & the crater in the ground - yet this does not appear in the mission itself.

This means I cannot destroy it !

This T-80 is listed (in IGOR) as appearing in all 3 difficulty levels.

I have tried editing the tank out of "recruit" level in IGOR but this just seems to make the mission crash - my BR is patched to 1.4 & has DS installed also (no IT but that is not needed for this mod/mossion).

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do about this ?

When I played the 1st mission in Free Russia I found that the 1st truck came from the "West" (left of the map) while the 2nd truck came from the "East" (right of the map) - if you are not quick then they complete their mission and so you fail yours!

Edited by Shemyaza

I have just downloaded Code Ocelot & Operation Snake Strike and I find that I cannot run them - I can set up my squad, etc, but when I click to launch the mission I am returned to the desktop.

I have GR + DS (with FL, SPR, NCW inactive).

The write-ups do not indicate that they need IT so can someone tell me what I am missing ?

Edited by Shemyaza

• 6 months later...