Title Update 1.4 Goes Live

While not on the official GURFS site, there is a news post here on the forums but doubly unfortunately this would be Fan post seems to best summarize the 'features & benefits' of the patch... I say 'doubly' because I just rolled over and repurchased GURFS for $17 on a WOWHD sale and it looks like Ubisoft is going to make me regret even getting the game at a 70% discount...

It's looking like epic amateur hour at Ubisoft when they can't even address the #1 issue with the game for it's paying Customers over three months after release, which also happens to be the reason most Fans bought the game: complete inability to play multi-player games -- this is really bad business...

:(

In Guerilla mode no performance increase at all, 62 FPS.

In Campiagn mode, I did see an increase in some scenes, by as much as double, ie 15 FPS went up to 30 FPS after the 1.4 patch. Why the campaign mode is half the FPS of guerilla is wierd though.

Multiplayer, couldn't connect to server errors, so who knows.

Not to give in to the tide of 'woe is me', but, I do feel bad for Ghost Recon Fans that got excited about the game, paid full-boat, and got a game that they've essentially been unable to play going on four months now... Regardless of how Ubisoft tries to trivialize or marginalize the situation, this is no small thing especially so for individuals and families where the price of an 'AAA' game like Gufus is not trivial...

I grant this isn't like selling toxic chew toys for infants, but it's not very ethical either when you consider: many can't play the game, few to none can get a refund, MP isn't even functional for the few that can join games, no ETA on a DirectX 9 patch, no ETA or information on the DLC for PC, no information as to whether there will even be another patch to reconcile all the issues that stand.

Not a good situation for the Ghost Recon title property...

:blink:

Edited by 101459

Its not just that (remember we had similar problems on both GRAW and GRAW 2 in the early days), the real question is WHEN are they going to supply editing software/tools to the public so as we can make our own maps for GRFS ?

This is the only way that this game is going to be playable and survive.

and this is what happens when you don't put out a PC beta Ubi!

lesson learned maybe?

I doubt it, Zeealex, sadly. I'll bet you 50 Ghost Coins that they don't do a PC Beta for the next Splinter Cell either. It costs them too much in proportion to the significance of the PC market to their overall profitability. They do not release PC versions of their games so much as throw them at us, "here it is, be grateful, pay us $60 and play at your own risk". I don't see this changing any time soon. GRO is the place for PC players to go.

Its not just that (remember we had similar problems on both GRAW and GRAW 2 in the early days)...

Similar? I don't recall any even remotely similar issues with GRAW and/or GRAW 2; virtually everyone was able to play multi-player the day they bought the game, the patches that were released actually resolved issues with the game, and the Brothers GRIN were out front and center responding to people's issues right here on this forum!

I...the real question is WHEN are they going to supply editing software/tools to the public so as we can make our own maps for GRFS ?

In their vague Ubispeak I think Ubisoft has made it clear there's not going to be any mod support for Gurfus, ever... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there if this is the first time you've heard it. As YETI is essentially Unreal 2.5 with a post-processing render backplane I was initially excited and hopeful about the prospects of mod support too, as it should be a very easy engine to develop content for -- but apparently that's never going to happen...

All we're going to get is what we've got, I just hope they fix it so we can play multi-player with that much...

:(

Edited by 101459

No changes for me - just tried the multiplayer an had the same connection errors and made it in only 2 games within an hour, both glitched so bad I was disconnected before they even finished.

I'm not one to jump on the negative bandwagon, but this game to me marks the end of GR or investing time in extending the play.

BTW, I bought GRAW1 & GRAW2 on opening day and didn't have these types of issues with multiplayer. I remember GRAW1 had some lagginess to it, but was quickly resolved.

Expecting to see more comments withint the GRFS forums, but after the many issues, I can see that this may have been abandonded by many. Even at our AGB gaming community, there were only 4 of us who purchased the game with the rest waiting to see our results. Obviously, the rest of the team didn't purchase.

We'll see over time if this game is savable - hey, it happened to GRAW2 :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't fix anything for me - still crashing with my GF 570. Waiting for patch 1.5 ....

I have a GTX570 too, I underclocked the card to 700MHz with the Nvidia System Tools, and deleted the game configuration folder in My Docs. Have to underclock the card whenever I play, but GRFS crashes much less, played the campaign with 3 crashes to desktop....which is much less than before. Kind of weird because GRFS runs without a hitch on my old 8800GTS (G92).

I have a GTX570 too, I underclocked the card to 700MHz with the Nvidia System Tools, and deleted the game configuration folder in My Docs. Have to underclock the card whenever I play, but GRFS crashes much less, played the campaign with 3 crashes to desktop....

That's the thing. We bought this game that says on the box it supports GF GTX 460 or better so it should work straight out of the box with our GTX 570s without us having to tinker around with clock settings etc.

I have never overclocked my card and it is running at factory settings. My PC runs every other game I play on it just fine. The problem is not my PC or my video card.

Basically Ubi has sold us a defective product.