Help Hex Editing .QOB

Operative

So, today I exported some weapons to the game. The issue here: most weapons came with the lefthandpoint a bit too low (very perceptive). I want to move it up a bit.

I downloaded a Hex Editor and found the lefthandpoint reference (it's at the very end of the whole thing), but I have no experience about this and I'm not even sure it can be done.

Help anyone?

Yeah, should of tested 1 first I guess, :phone: but still. You have a valid question though, the X,Y,Z coordinates must be in the file. If you find them, then open a weapon and put the helper in the right place, then hopefully you can copy that within the hex editor for the rest.

Can the same method be used to reposition a muzzle flash?

Theoretically speaking, yes. I must learn how to do it, haha.

~~~~~~~~~~

~So far, only CTDs haha~

I'm probably trying to change too much thing (all the points together). Should concentrate in finding the actual coordinates.

Edited by Operative

Well, there's a glimpse of hope at least!

BTW nothing from the m16/m203 model was really removed or added. I just made the GL invisible with alpha channels then swapped the hexametric code for the left hand placement with that of the original m16 .qob. so making an m4 with new parts is not possible outside getting it in a 3d format.

So, it's possible to exchange lefthandpoints between, at least, two working models.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I discovered something, after looking at the righthandpoints of several models. The coordinates are dictated by a 12 blocks string. You can clearly see that because only righthandpoints have a twelve '00' block sequence, in every model.

Of course, I'm going to try to designate brassejectionpoint or muzzleflashpoint as 0,0,0, would be pretty spotted. Hell yeah!

~~~~~~~~~~

It worked it seems. Did not try the brassejection and muzzleflash, though. The left hand 'appears' to be higher than it previously was. So, if I'm in the right track, which numbers dictate the height? I'm guessing the last four ones, let's see.

Hmm, I'm really not convinced yet, will keep trying.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, it seems this has nothing to do with the coordinates. I simply put everything as '00' amd the hand was at exactly the same place it was before.

~~~~~~~~~~

~Testing again, IT WORKED! Septuple checked it (haha)! It really works! I have no clue what each block actually means, but I suceeded in importing the helper points from another model.~

Edited by Operative

From Deks Weapon pack, I have an M4 w/ ACOG model, but the flash is way down below the shooter's forearms, very strange. I figured it was placed incorrectly or never placed. I thought perhaps I could copy the correct numbers from a working model into it but I am yet to find the right line.

- As always, backup :) -

Pick the original M4. With a hex editor, go to the very bottom. There you'll find the helper points. Copy them all and all the numbers til End of Model and the last block.

In your model, delete the same blocks you just copied (delete the first mention of a helper point til End of Model) and paste the copied selection.

Edited by Operative