Brings back memories.

I haven't played this game for around 5 years. I used to play it non-stop and created a rather large clan for it. I was just checking if any of my good friends were still around or if anyone here remembers me? As the title says, this game brings up plenty of memories.

• 2 weeks later...

...and another player from long ago walks into the forum. Finally got into the 20th century and bought a high end laptop (for college because at 50 years old I figured it was about time). After a couple of days of classes I suddenly remembered that somewhere I had the 6 CD GR Expansion Set laying around (I had ordered it just a few months after it came out). Found it and have begun installation and plan on spending a lot of time this weekend replaying perhaps the best PC game ever created! Great to see there is still a very active modding community going on for this game. I also noticed there are plenty of new mods to DL Woo Hoo!

John

• 2 weeks later...

I just reinstalled GR from the three-game DVD.

I played the hell out of this game back when it first came out, but I was deterred by BF1942, and that game's ability to pretty much anything you might ever want.

I was part of a hacking clan early on in that game's life, we specialized in...cheating. However, we did this on our own server, and didn't take it elsewhere, although with that game's many glitches and exploits early on (half-assed development from EA), I quickly got a bit burned out with that game, and missed the polish of GR, and the expansive weapon packs that were available. BF1942 had a lot of mods available, however, to be honest....the weapons were hideous, as if it were a cartoonish joke.

I'm going to try out GR again.

No hacking this time....lol.

Nice to see people playing or getting back into playing. I'm working on a little coop project for it myself, and it's nice to see people still want to spend some time with the old girl :)

Edited by Sierra

• 5 weeks later...