Is PC platform getting the DLC?

Does anybody know whether Arctic Strike is planned for PCs?

In case you are wondering, the game is working quite well for me, I love the multiplayer (naturally, apart from the disconnections), and I would like to see more maps.

It's difficult to understand Ubisoft has yet to reconcile and make this clear... Considering the the scale of frustration and disappointment with bugs and horrible patching SNAFU -- that bought the game still don't have a functional multi-player experience, and that the game is already steeply discounted at over 30% from vendors like WOW HD -- you'd think they'd give the DLC away for PC as other Developer/Publishers have...

I hope the DLC makes an appearance for PC, that the 1.4 patch gets things working, and the PC ultimately has a smoother, better, and more configurable play experience then the console versions of the game as it should. That done and at the rate prices are falling and sales are happening I'd repurchase the game...

:)

Edited by 101459

in the US, stating for the record, an action, meaning the state of GR:FS right now, is a defective product. If enough US customers could get together, we could sue for refunds and have Ubisoft cover lawyer fees.

info from: US LAW- http://consumer-law....anty-FAQ.html#9

Q:

If a product doesn't perform as anticipated, is it covered by any type of warranty?

• A: The implied warranty of merchantability is a merchant's basic promise that the goods sold will do what they are supposed to do and that there is nothing significantly wrong with them. In other words, it is an implied promise that the goods are fit to be sold.vThe law says that merchants make this promise automatically every time they sell a product they are in business to sell. For example, if you, as an appliance retailer, sell an oven, you are promising that the oven is in proper condition for sale because it will do what ovens are supposed to do - bake food at controlled temperatures selected by the buyer. If the oven doesn't heat, or if it heats without proper temperature control, then the oven isn't fit for sale as an oven, and the seller has breached the implied warranty of merchantability. In such a case, the law requires the seller to provide a remedy so that the buyer gets a working oven.

Edited by Papa6

I'm sorry Papa6, but unfortunately this would probably just be a lot of wheel-spin that ends up enriching Attorneys -- as there's a ridiculous amount of legal boiler plate on the click and accept license, and Ubisoft probably like EA spends more on its legal team then game development.

That said if an aspiring and hungry young Attorney were found good things could happen; it could also end up being the start of some real good for the game industry and for consumerism in general in a long time -- that might bring enough pressure to bare to turn a lot of what's gone wrong around. I'm sure many otherwise responsible individuals in the Developer/Publisher industry are likely trapped by BAU, just don't want to rock the boat and would love a game changer like this to come along.

But I don't expect there's enough motivated people, upset enough (look at what people tolerate from their governments), that care enough to get off their lard and act...

:maybe:

Edited by 101459

I'm sorry Papa6, but unfortunately this would probably just be a lot of wheel-spin that ends up enriching Attorneys -- as there's a ridiculous amount of legal boiler plate on the click and accept license, and Ubisoft probably like EA spends more on its legal team then game development.

That said if an aspiring and hungry young Attorney were found good things could happen; it could also end up being the start of some real good for the game industry and for consumerism in general in a long time -- that might bring enough pressure to bare to turn a lot of what's gone wrong around. I'm sure many otherwise responsible individuals in the Developer/Publisher industry are likely trapped by BAU, just don't want to rock the boat and would love a game changer like this to come along.

But I don't expect there's enough motivated people, upset enough (look at what people tolerate from their governments), that care enough to get off their lard and act...

:maybe:

I disagree to some extent. 1 principle 2.if enough have been boned by this hap hazard product class action suits are feasible. it's just that thinking that allows them to get away with it. but I posted this games brokenness to ripoffreport.com and hope to see the report up soon

I think it's harder to prove the "brokenness" of a game as opposed to the oven mentioned in the example above: a game is not a self-standing product, i.e. its operation depends on many other components that comprise each PC, as opposed to an oven, whose operation depends solely on the supply of power.

So for me the game works just as it's been designed to work: smooth single player and temperamental multilayer as it it is p2p. I am not denying others' problems with the game but pointing out that it's hard to prove unequivocally that the game is "broken."

Aside from that, they declared that they are working on the patch which is supposed to improve performance and network stability so let's hope this works.

I must say the pvp is brilliant and highly addictive, alas, the infrastructure supporting it is far from ideal.

Thing is you don't "have to" get it. We knew what the original release consisted of and thus what we were paying for, and no one promised free content down the line.

That does not mean I wouldn't be happy if they released it for free if only as a gesture of goodwill towards the customers who received a buggy product.