What's new in GR:AW2

Hi folks,

So I have been working hard in max and modding to bring you some exciting new features.

There will be all new animated props that have been custom made in max, animated and then I have written all the code to get them working in the game.

These new props take a while to develop so you will have to bear with me but they will slowly filter through over the coming missions.

For my next mission there will be two new props:

First is an animated door that you can plant c4 on then when detonated it will blow it off it's hinges, see the following short video of it working in game.

Next is an animated gate, when you approach it you will see a on-screen message asking you to press x (or whatever key you have mapped for that option) to open, these on-screen messages are also new and can be customised to suit different props, again video below.

Here are a few things to look out for in the near future:

First is animated hanger doors:

Next animated Jail doors:

Lastly is something that is something that I am still working so it's still a work in progress but will be in my missions soon, Animated elevator.

This has been tried before but was never successful until now:

There is much more that is being developed for the game, Spik@ is now making some animated props then sending the over to me so I can create the code and get them in game.

We are keeping the props that Spik@ is making under our belts for now, well we can't give to much away can we, LOL!!!

Hope you all like what you see so far.

Cheers,

John

Hope you all like what you see so far.

Seen it before of course, but I like it! :yes:

Just to explain to everybody why my props are kept a 'secret'.. :shhhh: ....: these props are all intended to have more interaction in missions and some props are just 'not what they seem to be' and showing them here in a vid will spoil the suprise when they eventually end up in a mission.

All I can say is that these props / new things haven't been seen before and as I am not much of a mission-maker like some of us here, most of these things will be incorporated in John's missions! Keep a close eye on them!

Spik@

:hi:

Edited by Spik@

These are fantastic, really awesome.

The C4 on the blastable doot is great and the lift is going to offer some new gameplay opportunities!

Great work John and Spik@, can't wait to see how you implement these into missions!

Great work guys. Looking foward to seeing these new props along with some more new buildings. :clapping:

Thanks KRP! :thumbsup:

Most new props (if not all) will be in John's missions as I am not much of a mission maker (not yet anyway). If I would only use my ideas and props in my mission(s), you will have to wait a loooooong time to see them.

John has already made several new buildings, either based on original buildings or totally custom-made (John,..20+ buildings now?!) and he keeps on making them as we speak!

Static props will mostly be made to give maps some more ambiance, like different furniture, pictures, posters and several others that will be made to accomodate certain objectives.

'Animated' props will mostly be made to have more interaction between the player and the map. Often this will be part of completing the objective or just to make the surroundings more dynamic (like John's hangar doors and elevator)

You guys working on GRAW 3 for UBI ???

Hardly ^_^ , but with many 'not-seen-before' items and additions you could almost think it is :shifty:

• 1 month later...

Thought I better update this thread with the latest new features.

For those of you that have played my latest beta you will have seen these already.

There is still lots more to come, I'm working on the elevator and this should be in my nest mission, Spik@ is also making some buildings but I'll let him tell you about these when he is ready.

A lot of you have been asking for custom sounds in the game, well I am still trying to get this working, there are many compatibility issues to overcome, I've been having problems getting this to work along side weapon mods and the stock weapons, plus this is giving me problems with the anti-cheat in multiplayer, Rahn has been helping me with this and we are close to a solution.

Spik@ is also making some buildings but I'll let him tell you about these when he is ready.

The buildings I am working on are both 'work-in-progress', but may be ready soon. Either these will end up in my own mission or in John's, IF his cheque doesn't bounce again! :whistle:

Edited by Spik@

Spik@ is also making some buildings but I'll let him tell you about these when he is ready.

The buildings I am working on are both 'work-in-progress', but may be ready soon. Either these will end up in my own mission or in John's, IF his cheque doesn't bounce again! :whistle:

Show us some pictures =D

Wouldn't you rather see pictures when they are done? Looking at them now will probably not give you an accurate 'feel' for it!

I will post some pics when I have finished texturing them. Both buildings will have some sort of animation added to it, so I may even upload a vid when they (or one of them) are/is done. ;)

I know... ;)

I feel the same curiosity when John is working on yet another building! Always wanting the 'sneak preview', but I know that having a look at them when there is still lots of work to do on it, it just doesnt have the same impact as seeing it all textured.

I did some work on one of the buildings this evening, between doing some work in our new home, and it is coming along just fine ( the model, not the new home :( ).

It won't be long before I can post some pictures or vids of the final product. :P

Edited by Spik@

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

One building is almost finished (99%). I need to make the bump textures for this building (to give it more depth) and I am having some problems with the animation, which I need to fix. I might tweak it a little here and there, but I will post some pics or vid soon.

The other building iI was working on is still being textured and the animations on there still need to be made as well. Besides this I have started on yet another building :D

Edit: Ah, what the hell...here are two pics of the first building... Windmill.jpg

Edited by Spik@