Ghost Recon on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later

Ok, so I got it to work after doing the command.  When playing there is a stripe of brightly colored pixels whenever I move around in the map.  The FixMe.command itself had a runtime error (see below).  Same thing happened on wife's computer.

Clearing quarantine from /Users/claw/Downloads/Ghost Recon Wrapper

xattr: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Users/claw/Downloads/Ghost Recon Wrapper/Ghost Recon.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/z:'

xattr: No such file: /Users/claw/Downloads/Ghost Recon Wrapper/Ghost Recon.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Desktop/My Mac Desktop

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Have a look at the ReadMe how to access the Wineskin utility. Launch it, click „Advanced“, then „Tools“, then „Refresh Wrapper“. Wait for it to finish, close Wineskin, and try the wrapper again.

Same hardware as mine, but I‘m on macOS Mojave 10.14.6, and have also tested on a MacBook Air 13‘ (Early 2015) with macOS Catalina 10.15.5.

The previous wrapper version (2018-05-23) should still work fine on your OS. I may have to list both in the OP.

Edit: Done. Old wrapper linked in OP.

Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain, my little MacBook is falling apart, too. Guess the times when Apple produced quality are long gone. Ever since Steve left us, it‘s been going downhill. Shame.

Hi - I have my new macbook pro (2020).  I tried the new file, did the fixme.command and then when I started up the game it blacked out the screen as it was about to begin (like normal), then I saw my mouse cursor enlarged a bit on the screen, then the program stopped and my desktop screen returned to normal.   Weird.  I tried refreshing the wrapper, but nothing changed.

• Like 1

I think I may know what’s going wrong there. It has something to do with the intro movies.

You could fix that by either installing Perian (which is probably no longer supported), or disable the quartz override in Wineskin > Advanced > Wine Config (not trivial).

I’ll try to work an easier solution.

This is weird. Tried the wrapper again on another macOS Catalina MacBook Air without issues. Maybe it’s your MacBook Pro switching from integrated to discrete graphics card the wrapper doesn’t recognize or handle right. You can force which card to use with this: https://github.com/CodySchrank/gSwitch

Maybe that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

So, that’s for the latest wrapper from the OP, version 2020-05-11. It will work fine if extracted with keka, and you may have to run the FixMe command if you have SIP enabled (default). Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came upon this thread today and wanted to give this a try on a ~2013 MacBook Pro running 10.13.6 but the Dropbox links in the OP seem to be broken.  @ApexMods, would greatly appreciate if you can look into that when you have a moment.  Thanks!