Ghost Recon.net Forums

infinitylogo.png

Hey!

With Thales and Hayden working on the FPWV mod, me and Wombat (plus others) working on the retexturing project, the excellent scripting talents of so many Ghost recon Scripters and the possibility of a 3D Modeller stepping out to make new weapons if Thales' request is successful.

I was thinking, maybe we could get all of our heads together, become an orginised team and overhaul Ghost Recon in more ways than one.

Just imagine it, re-textured maps, vehicles, characters and effects plus a first person view and refreshed mission scripting and new weapon models. Don't you think Ghost Recon would look and feel like a completely different game, while keeping what we love most?

I think we need to show Ubi Redstorm that they were right the first time and show them what it CAN BE with updated scripting, graphics and FPWV.

Ryunosuke Satoro once said “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”

[MOD TEAM NAME PENDING]:

Mission Scripting:

RileyFletcher_01

ApexMods

Gametype Scripting:

Apexmods

OPEN

Texturing:

Zeealex

OPEN

OPEN

FPWV:

Thales100

Hayden

Graphics and Menu:

Zeealex

Apexmods

OPEN

Video capture and Editing (intro, trailers, etc):

OPEN

OPEN

3D weapon Modelling:

Operative

Characters:

Tinker

Sound:

Apexmods

OPEN

Testing:

OPEN TO ALL

Ideas:

OPEN TO ALL

Optimisation, compression and .exe bulding:

OPEN

OPEN

OPEN

Not all spaces need to be filled but there are limits ;)

If you feel there is something to be proud of here, and you want people to know you are working on this overhaul, i will be jumping onto Photoshop to make team members their own signature, I'll do them on Request so if you want one, PM me ;)

Edited by Zeealex
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in on one condition. You, or another person, lead this thing, Alex. The reason most of these kind of community deals fail is because nobody steps up and takes lead. Some guy says hey I want a community mod but then he abandons it. I doubt you would do that, but just making sure.

You tell me what to do, should be nice not having to lead the project for once. :yes: Storyline and missions, that's my specialty.

okie dokie then, seems like a fair agreement, but i will not force anyone to do what they do not want to do. so if i ask you to do something, and you don't want to do it, then that's fine.

okay then, first order, Riley, I would like you to re-script all of the GR missions if possible, keep the main basis and enemy numbers, but randomize things a little, change paths to patrols and do whatever you like so long as it is not too different to the original versions, maybe a couple more enemy tanks in the Zebra Straw mission on harder difficulties. I'm sure someone will come along and help you out with scripting if it becomes too much at all.

feel free to script new missions too.

Anyone who was making mods that I've mentioned about a preference to be part of the overhaul, I'm not going to control what goes on there, it's your mod not mine, do what you want to do with it, if you want to release it separate from this mod as well as being in this mod, then like I said, not my call to make, your mod not mine if you don't want inclusion into the mod, again, your call ;)

also, if anyone joins along with a particular preference to doing something, then i will assign them to do that. say if there is more than one scripter, then there will be a scripting team and you will co-ordinate with each other to suss out who's doing what.

sound like a fair dealio?

right Editing the main Title, sounds like we've got something going but first

Questions:

Team name?

Mod Name?

Anyone you know who may be interested?

god that felt weird! feel free to tell me to shut the hell up if I'm bossing you around too much, i don't want to be the Dictator of modding.

Edited by Zeealex

Operative has offered to work on some new weapon models, he knows some ppl that may help too, very interesting stuff... Im working on fpwv project, btw Tinker will also help with some chr modifications for fpwv, ive already contacted him.

but i will not force anyone to do what they do not want to do

LOL I can't do anything else so that shouldn't be a problem.

I would like you to re-script all of the GR missions if possible

Got it. Fix hidden actor bugs, add random elements, and NO mission fail conditions.

New missions, not sure about that. Is this going to be a redo mod or a redo and add mod? If it adds new missions will we have storyline?

I'm sure someone will come along and help you out with scripting if it becomes too much at all.

I shouldn't. 31 missions will be easy, considering it isn't scripting a whole mission just redoing it.

Team name?

Mod Name?

Not sure.

Something along the lines of 'New', 'Rejuvenated', 'Revamped' or whatever. I'm not good at naming though.

I'm sure Don would be in for some texturing work *shameless volunteer of other person*

god that felt weird! feel free to tell me to shut the hell up if I'm bossing you around too much, i don't want to be the Dictator of modding.

Your idea, you need to be tough with us. If you don't do this kind of thing it will fall apart.

I'm excited about this, let's keep it together and keep it going.

Well, for now I think only one model will fit the FPV. But I also need to finish other model for another person (I did not forget it :-), so don't hold your breath! Also, I have only this month to sort this all, so I'd better start.

got your work cut out then? either way it's nice for you to have offered to help Thales out ;)

but i will not force anyone to do what they do not want to do

LOL I can't do anything else so that shouldn't be a problem.

I would like you to re-script all of the GR missions if possible

Got it. Fix hidden actor bugs, add random elements, and NO mission fail conditions.

New missions, not sure about that. Is this going to be a redo mod or a redo and add mod? If it adds new missions will we have storyline?

I'm sure someone will come along and help you out with scripting if it becomes too much at all.

I shouldn't. 31 missions will be easy, considering it isn't scripting a whole mission just redoing it.

Team name?

Mod Name?

Not sure.

Something along the lines of 'New', 'Rejuvenated', 'Revamped' or whatever. I'm not good at naming though.

I'm sure Don would be in for some texturing work *shameless volunteer of other person*

yeah, Wombat's Already helping out with the Retexture Project sent him a PM before asking him if he wants to be an official member of said team.

Rejuvinated sort of lines, got it.

neato! 31 missions sounds like fun!

new missions... I was thinking you know like the MP- DP CP- missions, just side ones for the fun of it. no worries if you don't like the idea.

but otherwise coolio! 200% agree with the last bit! :thumbsup:

glad i went through with joining the ATC now :P

Edited by Zeealex

Mod Name suggestions:

Ghost Re-Recon

Ghost Recon: (Unofficial) patch 1.5

The Loyalty Project.

Ghost Recon: Infinity*

*sounds like something the graphic team will be able to work with quite easily.

got your work cut out then? either way it's nice for you to have offered to help Thales out ;)

Well, no, I just don't wanna set anybody hopes too high. That's a common thing in modding, and I don't want to feed it.

Well, no, I just don't wanna set anybody hopes too high. That's a common thing in modding, and I don't want to feed it.

Modding = fun, ppl feeling good, no worries, what can be done is what will be done.

Ok, so this is the only high-poly model I ever made. It's still W.I.P. In the below image you can see some unedited direct-from-viewport Milkshape 3D screenshots.

ar18showcasejuly6th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Two (modernized) variants are represented here:full-lenght and carbine. There are some others not shown here (I modelled the original rear and front sights, original scope mount, original Armalite 2.75x scope, original handguards...), but I really did not finish anything yet. I plan on adding some more modern items (collapsible stock, railed gas block (clearly missing in the above picture), etc) and also improve the overall model (redo all handguards, redo the stock, probably add sling points). In fact, I just finished redoing the lower receiver (it was a simple box until yesterday).

Also, textures. Yeah, I plan adding them.

This is my 3rd attempt on the AR18, and I must say I'm pretty proud of it. It weights, roughly, 5k polys (is this too much?). Never exported it to the game.

I think this is the perfect counterpart to the AR15 haha :D

What are your opinions? Any suggestions?

EDIT: I decided to show it to bump the project :whistle:

EDIT 2: OMG, almost forgot! The 30 rounds magazine shown is actually not mine. I borrowed it from M4SOPMOD, the great mod by Prozac :thumbsup: (I will probably use some of his models just to show some possibilities too)

Edited by Operative

It would be perfect if we could place trees in igor instead of actually building them in the map. Is there any way to do that (or better, have it already been done)? Map objects, vehicles or even characters passing as trees? (this, would prove very interesting, because they can be destroyed/killed)

Any ideas, or is this out of the scope of the project?