Expensive fix but GR:FS performance based on internet speed.

I have found a serious issue with regards to GR:FS. we weren't told the truth. this game is either hugely or TOTALLY on your internet with which, that's where your limits are. Let me explain.

Earlier today, I had a 13down 10up internet, Verizon Fios (Fiber Optic internet)

I got an upgrade to Verizon Fios "Quantum", a 4 factor increase what I had earlier today. I'm now running 75 down/ 35up. effectively, I ran GR:FS just to see what difference this made. It was huge! the menus were snappier, the game ran fantastic.

So UPLAY is the crippler of this game. based upon whether you have a great internet connection. So if you have a good internet connection, you're in good. this has nothing to do with the Yeti errors but it sure as hell has alot to do with the games performance. Just so you know.I'm on my laptop, wireless so I'm not getting the total 75/35 but that's due to limits of wireless.

I'm amazed. I realize that GR:FS requires an internet connection as I've heard before the release. But I never knew a games performance would be necessary according to internet speed. :x

I was thinking GR:FS is gaming on the cloud more and more. alot of companies are doing that already.

The speed improvement was atleast 50% maybe more. I did have some mouse lag BEFORE the internet upgrade.

I'm dealing with the non game play for a moment. My view, based on the fact that, with the increase, my eyes noticed it was easier to see. my mouse seemed to really improve in it's responsiveness. just in the menus, I noticed they reacted also at a 50% increase. I'm being conservative in this but, to be fair and not overreaching, The game was simply put, a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

In game play. MODE:guerrilla. I play a wave of Guerrilla and I saw at least a 30-40% increase in smooth responsive play. Again I'm being conservative since i have no software for in-game video. But you will truly enjoy this game more if you can upgrade your internet within your financial means.

I'm coming from my own observations and tests.

added for improved clarity: This game is tied too closely into your internet.. is this an anti-piracy tool on behalf of UBISOFT? could be. but your internet is tied More closely to gameplay/usability than you think.

Edited by Papa6

Is it that or because most of the East coast Internet was being repaired in Virginia this week over the big storm?

Just food for thought. Lots of issues due to storms in the US on the east coast. Amazon cloud services were down, instagram, etc.

Need a few people to test it to confirm. i'm not one of them as i'm not buying GR:FS until it's patched stable.

Yes. in every facet I'm afraid.

Is it that or because most of the East coast Internet was being repaired in Virginia this week over the big storm?

Just food for thought. Lots of issues due to storms in the US on the east coast. Amazon cloud services were down, instagram, etc.

Need a few people to test it to confirm. i'm not one of them as i'm not buying GR:FS until it's patched stable.

No. Verizon created quantum for better internet speeds. at the least, 4 times faster then old fios

add me, "papastone" I'll host a server and you'll see the improvement

Edited by Papa6