Ghost Recon.net Forums

I think run into cover should be an option for those who like to hold x and run into cover and have an option to turn off run into cover for those who would like to let go of the X from sprinting and tap exactly where they want to latch onto cover. this system gets me killed so many times as I want to go near objects but not cover and be able to maneuver quickly around without auto latching to the nearest thing.

Edited by NoonTimeDrunk

I absolutely agree. In fact, as far as I'm concerned they really should do away with it completely with the exception of the single player campaign. The larger issue at play here which is responsible for most of the "latching to cover by accident" in my opinion is the fact that when sprinting they don't allow the right analog stick to be used which you would normally use to actually look at where you are going which in turn guides you in that direction. Instead you are limited to the left analog stick only which makes sprinting more like driving a vehicle which can only make very wide turns while at the same time driving that vehicle while in a neck brace where your head is completely immobalized allowing you to only look dead ahead in front of you. I personally find this very ackward. It's actually my number one complaint with the game. After all, if you're not comfortable controlling your player in-game what's the rest of it matter anyway.

Edited by Low Profile
  • 2 months later...

The cover sprint to cover system is a defensive tool and over using it is only going to frustrate you. You're expecting too much from it. You're better off walking to your destination or regular sprintingrather than making yourself vulnerable. It's a nice feature that wouldve been brought to Ubisoft attention had it not been implemented. Play like the cover system doesn't exist and you'll find yourself making less mistakes and abusing players who rely on it. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure you are following us. The issue we both have with the cover system is that the same bind is used for sprinting. As a result, it is quite easy to latch to cover by accident when you are just trying to sprint and not use the cover system. The fact that the right stick is locked out while sprinting just makes it that much easier to latch to cover by accident due to lack of control.

• 4 weeks later...