First Person Weapon View (video inside) - wip

So, thinking about the next step, is there a way we could actually align weapon and reticle? Changing animations, is this doable?

Our plan is to disable the reticle when in FPWV, and auto activate it when you switch to aim (zoom) view, the sniper scope mask will also be activated as it normally works in the game. The transition between fpwv and zoom view is smooth. It will be a nice effect, and we can use high quality reticles like the ones Wolfsong created for SFFKC (i love those rets), they are huge, but since they wont be on screen full time, just when you aim, it should be just fine.

Edited by thales100

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need this mod.

Those screenshots in Zeealex's thread made the game look better than a lot of modern ones. Couple questions.

Estimated release time?

What files are altered to do this? I think you said it would be available to modders, so I'm hoping I could include this in Texas Militia.

I need this mod.

Those screenshots in Zeealex's thread made the game look better than a lot of modern ones. Couple questions.

Estimated release time?

What files are altered to do this? I think you said it would be available to modders, so I'm hoping I could include this in Texas Militia.

No ETA for now, HaYDeN is working to fix some flaws that show up when you activate the fix, its still WIP, there are lots of stuff to do, i will keep this thread updated. There is no need to "include" the fix in any mod, when released it will be available for each and every GR player (and modders of course) out there, it should be compatible with any mods ok ? There will be no "exclusivity" at all. High quality weapons such as natsanwas's SCARS are recommended.

This does look awesome, HaYDeN does deserve praise. Can I ask if this is a simple mod, or is the main .exe file altered.

Yep, its a memory hack fix like the one HaYDeN created to enable multi-monitor support for GRAW 2 - http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56168, it doesnt require an altered .exe.

OOoo imagines Aries Shrike Weapons mod..... MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

:yes:

Edited by thales100

Would likely look like crap as the models never were made with 1st person view in mind.

I think twcrash means a new "Aries Shrike Weapons mod" that could be created with fpwv in mind, not the old "Aries Shrike Weapons mod" that was released in the past ;) .

Btw i added some full quality 1680x1050 .jpg screenshots here - http://www.ghostreco...150#entry591276 , running fpwv + Re-texturing project by zeelaex + natsawa's SCARS and forcing AA 16x through video drivers. :wub:

Edited by thales100

• 2 months later...

Thales, it's been a while without news, so may I impose and query about the development status? You really got us all excited here, so I'm desperately hoping you and Hayden are just taking a break and this is the silence before the storm? :)