Where to purchase DS and IT

I got mine from Direct2Drive.com but they are now Gamefly.com and don't have it anymore. Check out the SHOP page on this website. You can get them from Amazon.

Glad you're back in GR1.

I really wished Gamefly hurried their butts up, it has been a while and a lot of games aren't back :(. Still missing GR+DS+IT and SWAT 4, especially SWAT 4 can't find that game anywhere else.

I would suggest Steam as well. Played Ghost Recon for a couple hours yesterday in fact on a server (http://www.dk-force.dk) running stock GR with DS and IT. We were playing Last Man Standing (8 vs 8 on average) and for a good bit of it explosives were restricted which was most excellent. In fact, the last time I had that much fun playing a FPS was back in the glory days of Ghost Recon with Mango Platoon, the team I used to ladder with on The Combat Zone. It's really amazing when you think about it. How could I possibly have fun playing a game with no ranking system? I mean really. How else am I going to let the world know I kick butt more than the next guy? More importantly, if I can't level up how am I going to unlock stuff like new weapons or special abilities that someone else may not have? I'm confused. Good thing I have the game developers of today to show me the way, otherwise I'd have no idea how to have a good time. *insert sarcasm here*

Edited by Low Profile

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine from Direct2Drive.com but they are now Gamefly.com and don't have it anymore. Check out the SHOP page on this website. You can get them from Amazon.

Glad you're back in GR1.

I really wished Gamefly hurried their butts up, it has been a while and a lot of games aren't back :(. Still missing GR+DS+IT and SWAT 4, especially SWAT 4 can't find that game anywhere else.

Just a heads up, Gamefly finally uploaded the original Ghost Recon for PC and is available for purchase. However, it is only available to the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The expansion packs DS+IT have not yet been uploaded.

I would suggest Steam as well. Played Ghost Recon for a couple hours yesterday in fact on a server (http://www.dk-force.dk) running stock GR with DS and IT. We were playing Last Man Standing (8 vs 8 on average) and for a good bit of it explosives were restricted which was most excellent. In fact, the last time I had that much fun playing a FPS was back in the glory days of Ghost Recon with Mango Platoon, the team I used to ladder with on The Combat Zone. It's really amazing when you think about it. How could I possibly have fun playing a game with no ranking system? I mean really. How else am I going to let the world know I kick butt more than the next guy? More importantly, if I can't level up how am I going to unlock stuff like new weapons or special abilities that someone else may not have? I'm confused. Good thing I have the game developers of today to show me the way, otherwise I'd have no idea how to have a good time. *insert sarcasm here*

LOL, just saw this. Well said :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if most forum members know this but you're the same Low Profile that used to mod for R6 right?

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that is concerned that the original Ghost Recon and its expansions are going to one day vanish from stores? I find it kind of heart breaking to know that Steam is the only digital distribution platform to carry them, and have them available internationally.

It also hits home when even Ubisoft won't even sell them through their Ubishop, I guess GOG.com may eventually get them (and I hope they do), but I find it unlikely based upon their recent lackluster releases. Even Ebay and Amazon stock are depleting. Just wanted to vent out my frustration lol :yes:.

• 3 weeks later...

[DELETED] here u can still download the full gr version

Admin edit:

I have removed your link as I believe the download is a hacked version, I suggest you take some time to read our forum rules:

[3.7] Warez : Links to warez sites or discussion of warez is not permitted. Breach of this rule can lead to legal proceedings against this site, and will not be tolerated. Software cracks that remove the "CD/DVD check" are against the Ubi Soft licensing agreement and are included in this rule - which is strictly enforced. Posts containing CD-keys and links to sites of CD-keys will be deleted.

Edited by JohnTC02

I think UBI should do that free GR thing again, but now worldwide and permanent! :P

Hear, hear! I've got some friends who haven't played this wonderful game and it would be easier to convince them to join in if it was free. It's pretty cheap as it is, but it's hard to convince people to dish out money for a game over 10 years old.