First Official GR:FS PC Video

Originally posted to Facebook by Ubi_Antoine today 22 June 2012 here and now uploaded to YouTube we have the first official video of GR:FS PC.

Apparently the quality of the video may be better on Facebook then on YouTube because of the way it was uploaded -- and it will be re-uploaded again later.

:zorro:

Well it does show off some render candy; I do wish some of the overlay graphics has alpha transparency however -- it just looks awkward when those things clip objects and vice versa without it...

:unsure:

Edited by 101459

is it First Person or third? this didn't really clarify. looked 3rd person to me by some of the combat sequences.

It's third person, except when aiming a weapon where you're looking through a modeled scope or iron sights (just like Ghost Recon: Online apparently).

This is a port. I say this from experience. I was part of the GRFS online Beta and what you described and what I have seen, this is a port. what the video shows above is EXACTLY what the experience was with the online version.

But, it might work in the sense, the FOV (Field of view) will allow the player to see more of the scene. But I'll reserve final verdict after i download and play it Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have rented this title for the PS3 a few times now and to be honest, I don't see myself purchasing the game for the PS3 or PC. That being said, despite all the games shortcomings for me personally which I won't detail here I'd actually purchase the game today without question if it only offered the traditional coop game types firefight and recon for all maps with coop matchmaking support. Of course I would not mind if they threw in the adversarial game types last man standing and team deatchmatch for good measure.

Edited by Low Profile

That being said, despite all the games shortcomings for me personally which I won't detail here I'd actually purchase the game on both platforms today without question if it only offered the traditional coop game types firefight and recon for all maps with the adversarial game types last man standing and team deathmatch thrown in for good measure.

Woah... What? I thought you couold COOPter on all the SP maps? No?

:maybe:

The game does offer coop. It just doesn't offer coop matchmaking for one (have to send game invites instead) and two, it doesn't offer the traditional coop GR game types firefight and recon which for me personally would be enough to justify purchasing the game.

WHAT A LET DOWN OF A VIDEO, as above posts, just like the bloody console version.. at least show some actual PC FEATURES..

Did they not discuss before broadcasting this video?.. As if were already being delayed with the release date, they let us down even more..

To be fair I think Ubi_Antoine may have just rushed this out, just to show something as Fans were kicking and screaming so loud and hard of the forums for more on PC, and it looks like PC PR, support, content creation, community outreach and marketing are all a one man show with just Ubi_Antoine doing all the heavy lifting show at this point.

That said there are some rather disappointing things like the aforementioned huge way-point markers (and no alpha), the ridiculous blood on goggles effect; can anyone even feature being critically hit by one or more round(s) where wound cavitation blows that much blood out of you that you manage to spray and cover your own goggles and are are still up and at it?

But all that said there's not really much we can tell from this video other than the PC game is on the way, some of the SFX do look a little brushed up for the PC (perhaps too much so), and as promised it's essentially the same game per Console pre the release announcemnt -- and no one should be complaining about that as that's been clear from get go...

:mellow: