Ghost Recon.net Forums

the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had some great co-op games on the server running the Rockall mod. Hope you people enjoy the "Mods Weekend" - looks like we'll stick to the mods and co-op schedule for the foreseeable future to add some variety to online play. Feedback is of course always welcome, so post your thoughts here. :thumbsup:

What, no suggestions? OK, I'll start. How about some good old Frostbite? Great campaign missions, nice weapons, loads of Harntrox' game types. Plus, it's a classic must-have mod that EVERYONE should have downloaded and installed years ago, so there's no last-minute download problem. Thoughts?

Agreed. Installing now, but no attacking me for not playing ......................

What did I just read?

Maybe I need glasses....I know I didn't just read what I thought I read!

Been playing frostbite, seems nice but coop gonna be hard for me, just solo on a coop map with afz 100 my framerate drops to 6. But I will play if thats the one decided on. That was on the map called ship, might have been kinda small for 100, did do a little better with 40.

Try playing without server side mods. Frostbite comes with a host of those great Harntrox game types, so I don't think you'll need any of the other ones. And yes, playing with a hundred enemies on that ship map may lead to e.g. pathfinding issues that drag down performance. Also, highly detailed shadows for enemies can be another huge drag on frame rates, so you may want to turn detailed shadows off in the game options.

On a side note, it does not necessarily have to be Frostbite for this week - any suggestions welcome. :)

It not just that Frostbite is popular. The mod was a huge community effort to put together a real expansion pack for Ghost Recon with a level of quality that could easily stand shoulder to shoulder with the official RSE expansion packs Desert Siege and Island Thunder. Every little detail in that mod speaks volumes of the love and dedication that went into creating it, and it was somewhat of a paradigm shift for GR modding at the time. Allow me to quote Rocky here:

More than just a new campaign, this is a full Expansion Pack, featuring a massive 12 brand new and beautiful maps as well as a full Campaign, new weapons, new camo and new vehicles. We had no hesitation in awarding this remarkable fan made expansion pack 10/10 in our review. This pack goes to prove what Jack57 started - that fans really can put out mods that not only rival Official missions, but exceed them on several fronts.

When I go through the list of contributors and see names like El Oso, Neutron, Bajabravo, Don Miguel, Harntrox, Piccolo etc. I simply stand in awe at the sheer caliber of modding firepower behind this masterpiece. Have a look at Rocky's review from way back when to get an idea of what this mod meant and continues to mean for Ghost Recon.

Hmm having some trouble with the mod so far. The tank randomly flew through a mountain and finally jumped back to the ground then my game crashed. Also I'm not appreciating the newly discovered fact that Russians are invulnerable to 9x19mm lead to the forehead. Aside from that it is a fun campaign so far.

Yes, Frostbite it is. Please make sure to grab both the main download and the update patch to v1.3. Install the mod and then apply the patch to be up-to-date. The Mac download is already patched to v1.3, so it doesn't need the update.

Hope you all enjoy. See you on the battlefield! :thumbsup:

Finally found some time to play earlier today, and the moment I was in-game my internet connection went on strike! So sorry for dropping out like that before, and I hope to see you all later.

Don't you love internet connections? My junky laptop has gotten to the point where every day I have to troubleshoot the network adapter and it always chooses the best times to go off, usually when the game is starting in 5 seconds.

Having fun with Frostbite, except those hostages keep getting shot by those damn Russians :rant:

OK, finally all set for Mumble here. Only "headset" I could find was those Apple earplugs that came with the iPhone. Neither very sophisticated nor comfortable, but they should at least do the job for now. :guns: