the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

So, draxy.......what name do you go by when you are in the server?

Reason for me asking, I can't find any entries in ReconLog under draxy !

EDIT:

Well maybe if this is you, under the name: .drax.^pwnzjoo!

If this is the case and your name is as stated above, you have only been in the server (under this name) a total of:

10 times for a total of 277 minutes......

So it doesn't look like you bother to play much here anyway.

But, I am sure we will consider your comment, and take it into consideration !

Buh Bye

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am voting for a little one called HU.

DITTO

I am off next weekend, perhaps I will be able to get in some "GR Time" !

I might even get to shoot someone....Ingame of course!

The modders here put a lot of time and effort into their work so treat them with respect, plus everyone has a right to voice their opinion and are free to suggest what they want to see on the server so again treat their suggestions with respect.

At the end of the day it's mainly down to the server admins if there is a mod being used on the server, so far they have done a great job in trying to please everyone.

Might be nice if in the off hours, when the server goes below the threshold of a sustaining number of players for versus modes, or when server Admins have to bail that the server is set to one of the coop modes...

I've tried to join a couple times now, but no one is on, and of course as setup the round is an instant victory -- so I can't even get a solo gaming going in hopes someone else might turn up for some coop...

:/

Thanks zazel, I missed that skimming the thread! My 'pet wish' is that we get a dedicated COOP day or hours, that way people that like COOP know when to show up. If it is popular and the server fills up, a couple cool things can be done, maximizing the number of players is the obvious thing, but to keep that from becoming an idiot race to get kills, I'd suggest putting the game on Elite, and/or using an AI mod like Droopy's Enemy Realism Mod. IIRC this was one of the best, and the AI is vicious, not just just more aggressive marksmanship like cranking up the difficulty, but they maneuver more and try to flank more, and luck (or Droopy's craft) has AI using map geometry more and in more realistic ways...

I don't have a lot of time to game (especially just now), but if I knew a particular evening was when the COOP fans came out and really, it would be something for me at least to better plan for and have on my plate.

So, Zazel, Saker, Jeza, Riley... everyone... how a bout a nice round of co-op tonight, eh? Remember, "Mods & Co-Op Sunday" starts tonight at 0:00 UTC with CENTCOM as our mod of the week (all update patches applied). I'll definitely try to set aside a couple of hours for this! See you on the battlefield! :thumbsup:

Maybe you should read through the thread a bit more instead of " skimming " :rofl:

You may like to check out the 1st post that gives details of current mods and times and game types on the server

Edited by Hammer

Yup save you the skim, sunday's are coop days with a mod that rotates on the weekends. Should really read this topic first page and last 2 or 3. Dont mind helping but its all in there.

On another note was thinking HU again this week since it was such a big download, but give some options guys.

Well had I vanilla GR co-op more in mind, but I should also finish writing what I intended -- the Alzheimer was kicking in. Last Sunday I tried to join a game and it was full. I don't know if there's any easy way to do this with Ghost Recon as there is with some other games, but when a game fills up, and there are a lot of people showing up, it might be nice as co-op doesn't really require a dedicated server (except for the static address) if there was a way to redirect people to listen server games.

The benefit here is that people won't bail given an easy path to an active co-op game they're looking for when their looking for it encourages and builds game play-share. Limited active games is always a flat-spin handling challenge for sustaining an audience -- and for Ghost Recon with no in-line server browser even more so. Just a thought...

:maybe:

Edited by 101459

I don't know how long you have played GR, but a good while back UBI Game Server did what you were looking for.

There was a list of every server (Hosted Games) if that game server logged in thru UBI......

I remember when you had to wait to play because there were 500 players playing GR thru the UBI Game Server.

I dont know of any other way to do that anymore.

Maybe someone ( Some Technical Code writing Web Guru person) needs to do something like that again! :yes:

Dont Xfire, game ranger & allseeing eye show active server ? Some body always seems to turn up on mine when im running one and dont advertise ?

ASE is no longer functional AFIK, Game Ranger only lists games started through Game Ranger, Xfire only if you properly register the server, and a lot of people don't want Xfire adware and malware raking their system. There is hope, several Developers have expressed interest in creating a functional Server Browser for Ghost Recon, and that would be an enormous boon for Ghost Recon as there are a whole generation of realism Fans that have never even played the game.

In the mean time and for the GR.net's Server I was just thinking of some sort of lash-up to direct people to an IP address for a fall-back game when the server is full. With only one or two active servers, that can fill up fast, that then turns away interested Players we again confront what I feel is Ghost Recon's biggest challenge: no server browser...

:maybe:

Edited by 101459

So im playing tonight with a couple of freinds on a server i set up , we get 2 random people trying to join ? how do they see my server ??

Oh and i dont use Game Ranger, ASE or X-Fire ? So there must be something out there looking for servers

Edited by Hammer

I'd just like to see something that wasn't random respam deathmatch LMS free-for-all... Why even bother with Ghost Recon if you're going to play it like Call Of Doodoo or Quake III Arena?

:(

DITTO

So im playing tonight with a couple of freinds on a server i set up , we get 2 random people trying to join ? how do they see my server ??

Oh and i dont use Game Ranger, ASE or X-Fire ? So there must be something out there looking for servers

Would DollyTheSheep happened to have been playing on your server?

If so, he has xfire running, someone can join on him and the server he is playing on...could be how you get randoms sometimes.

snapback.png101459, on 18 October 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

I'd just like to see something that wasn't random respam deathmatch LMS free-for-all... Why even bother with Ghost Recon if you're going to play it like Call Of Doodoo or Quake III Arena?

DITTO

Agreed. I quit playing on the server it got so bad.

Riley,

Chi has asked several times in server for non random teams. If it is ok with ALL on server I see no problems. I personally would not like to be on the other team when non random teams are on and a team is working together. Your team I know does not generally use voice coms, but who knows about others and that is a great advantage.

When I say all, I mean all. If even one on server does not approve then its a no go. If someone ask for random teams, majority or not in favor of non random it goes back to random. If that is abided by then an occasional team getting together for a few maps I could be alright with, but realize its a public server not a clan server, slightest abuse will repeal this approval.

DITTO

Would DollyTheSheep happened to have been playing on your server?

If so, he has xfire running, someone can join on him and the server he is playing on...could be how you get randoms sometimes.

No it was not him or any of the 9MS squad