the "Ghost Recon Forever" Dedicated Server

ApexMods

I think some mods are too big to be played in the server. Of course, most people have access to them, but there are lots of people that would be left outside.

Well sure, but if it's just for one day or a weekend it's hardly so exclusive or excluding that it shuts people out entirely; there are after all 365 days in a year, and the same argument could be made for some of Ghost Recon's fantastic mods being 'left out' and forgotten as no servers ever run them.

IMHO this is a great opportunity (as GRN can make the whole process so much simpler of knowing what's running in advance and downloading) for some amazing unsung work that matches and in some cases even surpasses Ghost Recon to see the light of day, even if it's just for one day...

:)

Edited by 101459

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is there anything going on with the admins? I thought we had somebody picked out or something.

Admin list added to the Server Rules pinned post in the Games Room.

Link is broken :maybe:

Hey GanGBuster, you must be logged infor the link to work.

Hope this helps! ;)

Best regards,

Saker

Mods Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow between 6pm CST and 9pm CST (USA) for those interested.

For those with suggestions for other mods, please post a request. Keep in mind we cannot please everyone.

Ghostrecon.net has a lot of mods/maps/missions that we can add to the server.

SneekyPete

Hi,

xup.ThEcLoWn here making my presentation. Thanks for making this server available I thought with the demise of DKF, GR in its Multiplayer scene was going to die at last. I'm glad its not.

I'm not known in the Co-op nor modding scene but whoever played funz in Public Servers or competitions since TAW had a chance of playing with/against me.

I've been a part of many administrations. GRChile public server since 2005-2006, Admin in DKF since mid 2009 I believe. Replay Admin in TAG (Old Tag) & BQL, Lead Admin in BQL & ICG.

I've played in many competitions TAW, Combat Zone, CAL, BQL-IGS, TAG, ICG, GhostLeague and GRChile Leagues since late 2002.

My chilean clans have been have been =LT= (Legion of Terror) and [sW] (Soul of War). My ensembles have been mainly .wsu. (Weed Smokers United), iTF (reborned), sD (Shattered Dreams) and xup who lead many ladders, leagues and tournies for several years.

It's been a fun ride so far, I've gone AFK and back again in this last 4 years. I stopped playing regularly since February, came back and gladly found out that a generous soul decided to make this server available. Im glad I can put my boots back and enjoy this server with you all. If you need any help with replays I'm willing to assist you in any way I can, I have vast experience analyzing them thanks to many matching years.

Peace.

Hi, my name is titanium, I'm from chile and usually play in server GRForever, now I have the following problem will not let me connect, I do not throw any errors, just will not let me enter. my ip is 190.101.21.41 can see if it is banned or if it be for ban ip range, so that the exceptions agregen please, thank you very much beforehand.

(excuse the English translators is google,: P)

Atte. . oP.TitaniuM

Hi, my name is titanium, I'm from chile and usually play in server GRForever, now I have the following problem will not let me connect, I do not throw any errors, just will not let me enter. my ip is 190.101.21.41 can see if it is banned or if it be for ban ip range, so that the exceptions agregen please, thank you very much beforehand.

(excuse the English translators is google,: P)

Atte. . oP.TitaniuM

Titaniaum,

You obviously played in the server before we installed ReconLog v3, I just checked and you have not been allowed in the server since we installed RL. RL runs a RBL checklist as a security measure.

. : : EDIT : : . I checked again and you have actually been in the server since RL was installed. As Fly stated below, you have a dynamic IP so it will change occasionally.

The reason for that is because your IP address in on a RBL List (Realtime Blackhole List).

(This is not saying you had anything to do with that, it could be that it is on a RBL List because someone previously had your IP Address)

You may want to contact your ISP to see if you can go thru the process of changing your IP. (It is usually quite easy to do)

Let us know how it works out, we will try to help you get on the server again to enjoy it!

Best Regards,

Saker

comes up RBL....Remote Ban List?

Realtime Blackhole List

Edited by FNG Saker

Ups, but if this list is automatic, you get my ip cooperation could there?, Because I have never committed a foul on your server to be on the list, and could not change my ip that is that some programs use remote control can fix it?, or how I can fix myself?.

........ Because I have never committed a foul on your server to be on the list......

No-one said you committed foul in the server!....no-one is accusing you of anything, It is just an IP issue.

Google RBL to see what it is.

........ and could not change my ip that is that some programs use remote control can fix it?, or how I can fix myself?

Contact your Internet Service Provider...the people you have your internet service with, and tell them you need them to help you change your IP Address because someone had your IP previously and now you are on a Realtime Blackhole List.

LOOK ----> http://www.blacklist...om/rbl_list.php

Best Regards,

Saker

Titanium, See if you can get in now! :yes:

Best Regards,

Saker

Problem solved, thanks for wanting to help me =) (I had to modify some parameters in my router, but no big deal) Thanks.

Look at the first quote...I had made some adjustments in ReconLog for you already !

But, If it ever happens again, you know how to fix it on your end.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation !

Best REgards,

Saker

So.....what happened with mod night? I was on last week and nothing was different.

Are we going to have a co-op day anytime?

Riley, There could be many reasons why that didn't happen as you described.....on the first scheduled night of Mod NIght.

More than likely it was that all Admins were doing something away from the computer that is called "Real LIfe".

3 of the 4 Admins (that I know of) have families that take priority over games.

We will try our hardest to have a scheduled Mod Night when scheduled.

You must understand, that may not always happen, as you well saw.

Please don't get frustrated and go with the flow.

Best Regards,

Saker

Edited by FNG Saker

We have uploaded many great modded maps, but they must be played with Seige2 gameplay. Saker and I were on yesterday, and changed to Seige2 for a while..great fun...but still had individuals screaming for LMS....sigh...!

So.....what happened with mod night? I was on last week and nothing was different.

Are we going to have a co-op day anytime?

Riley,

I looked at the Log for ReconLog and you were not even on the server on "Mod Night" which was last Friday night the 10th of August.

So I guess I am really wondering the intent of your post. :nono:

Maybe you can help me here.

Best Regards,

Saker