anyone else excited for this yet?

I know I am :) Just a few more days...

Well I was, but less than a week from release with only one screen shot, Ubisoft not even making the effort to reconcile whether the game will run on Windows XP, and Rocky being too afraid to even post his review of the game -- my enthusiasm, and even hope is a bit dashed at the moment.

:maybe:

Edited by 101459

Heres the info 101459:-

Minimum Hardware Requirements

• OS: Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2) / Windows 7 (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
  • CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
  • RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista / Windows 7
  • GPU: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card
  • DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card HDD space : 25 GB
  • HDD space : 25 GB

Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
  • RAM: 2 GB Windows XP / 3 GB Windows Vista & 7
  • GPU: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better

No, that's the information from the original product announcement, mirrored on Steam. Ubisoft later updated the specification to what's currently shown here on the UbiShop which puts the minimum OS spec at Windows Vista (SP2). Ubi-Mush also seems to have corroborated this here on the official Ubisoft forums, explicitly stating in all uppercase:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT GHOST RECON FUTURE SOLDIER DELUXE EDITION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS XP"

Many Fans later noticed that there is conflicting information on Steam (the spec was changed several times) on various e-tailer outlets, and asked Ubisoft for clarification (on the forums, via snail and email, and by phone) as yet no one has received a clarification that was promised 'soon' nearly a month past...

If you have official, final information I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear it...

:(

Edited by 101459

Well, now its been delayed Not too surprising really, based on the lack of communication from them so far. Though they have clarified some things, no LAN, and XP support is coming after launch as a patch.

Gawd, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it could have been a late cancellation -- but if those four scream shots are actual PC material; epic yuck and what a disappointment... Not a visual improvement from the MexBox with the typical ghetto 'over-the-top look-at-me' camera based post-processing effects (I supposed the 'Ghosts' now have surgical camera eye replacements), and an additional three weeks waiting for crap I don't want...I hope I lose all interest by then...

>_<

Edited by 101459

Yeah tell me about it, I bought d3 hoping that after 12 years blizzard has finally learnt something...guess NOT

Anyways 3 weeks more might be a good thing for me, cause I need to make my mind which version of the game to buy, standard (is getting cheaper everyday on auctions), signature (doesn't have every bonus) or deluxe (has all the gooodies but is more expensive) ^^

I only had the option for standard or Signature :( No deluxe option for me. Oh well. 2 more weeks. ill continue to play Dayz and Splinter Cell Conviction till it comes out. :)

Just stay out of trouble evil ducky...

Well,... like 101459 I'm a bit jaded now as well.

The 14th has come n gone now I have to wait a fortnight before I can pick up my collectors edition.

I told the dude at EB if i get screwed around again I'll probably go for the new ver UFO enemy unknown and or Alien Colonial Marines!

Hell, it's my money they have in advance! :coolspeak:

Yeah, the 28th to be exact, 14 days.

Also the other thing that has me puzzled, if I or anyone for that matter bought a PRE-order of a game, (any game) by very definition shouldn’t I get my PRE-order before anyone else, (including consol), before the official release date of the game?

I know it's semantics, but am I correct?

Edited by Anthonyf

Yeah, the 28th to be exact, 14 days.

Also the other thing that has me puzzled, if I or anyone for that matter bought a PRE-order of a game, (any game) by very definition shouldn’t I get my PRE-order before anyone else, (including consol), before the official release date of the game?

I know it's semantics, but am I correct?

Erm, pre-order means you order it before it's been released, early access would mean playing before it's released.