Nook Tablet - My new toy :)

ZJJ

I just need to show off my new toy that I bought for my Christmas/Mothers Day/Birthday present. I've been looking at the Nook Color for some time now and when I was at a point of purchase I heard about a Nook Tablet. After some research I decided to get the 16GB Nook Tablet instead of the Color.

Here is a link to the official site.

Are there any "must have" apps that I need to look into?

I was not impressed with the inability of the kindle to increase it's memory through the use of a SD card. That was a major selling point for me on getting a Nook. For a little while I was even looking at the Vizio Tablet, but was concerned about its OS.

Does the nook allow you to lend books from your local library? that is one thing my wife really likes with the kindle. Our local library supports it. The space was good on the kindle WIFI for books and since it's not the fire (kindles tablet) she's not downloading apps, only books.

I don't know about lending from the local library. It wasn't one of my criteria; however you can easily share amongst friends so if the library supported it then it could.

My grandson loves it for the books, movies, and games. Even at 3 he has learned how to get around on it!

Ahh cool. I know my wife can loan a book to someone for 14 days. Seems weird but somehow electronically it all works out. Its amazing how kids adapt. Here is a funny one for you. My nephew who is now around 8 grew up playing pc games and wii. The one day he was here he wanted to play one of the old marios we downloaded on the we (Super mario 3) It took him forever trying to figure out how a game pad worked as it he so used to motion controls and the mouse lol.