Confirmation: GRO Closed Beta to restart in June

Bahger

552881_365046926890264_167105766684382_942944_1132838095_n.jpg

Mid-June, apparently, possibly before. The process of obtaining Beta keys should be less glitchy. Those who already have keys need not re-apply, their existing keys will get them into Phase 3.

Personally, I can't wait. I think this is the best online shooter (FTP or not) to come along in a generation of gaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I can't wait. I think this is the best online shooter (FTP or not) to come along in a generation of gaming.

Seriously? I found it pretty gimmicky, and dominated by people who buy/grind the high-level equipment. Not my sort of thing.

Seriously? I found it pretty gimmicky, and dominated by people who buy/grind the high-level equipment. Not my sort of thing.

I was sure it wouldn't be my kind of thing either, I hate all the chest beating and posturing of online PvP shooters. However, the game is so well designed, the incentives to tactical teamplay are genuinely effective and (to your point) although it's true that experienced players earn superior weapons and armor, this can be counterbalanced via effective tactics. In which beta phase did you play it? You might be pleasantly surprised if you rejoined. The consensus amongst the beta testers is that Ubi Singapore have come up with something quite special here and I agree. On top of which, it's that very rare thing, a AAA game tailor-made for PC.

Edited by Bahger