No 1st person view

Atheist rob

No I don't agree. There are already to many fps shooters out there. Besides in first person you wouldn't be able to fully utilize the cover system they way it should be. 3rd person is what make this game. Before the G.R.A.W. games Ghost Recon was actually a fps and it was just like every other shooter out there.

Ghost Recon had a cover system in 2001. You walk up to a corner, place yourself behind cover, hit "E" to peek out. Worked great. :whistle:

lol I've actually rarely used the 2001 Ghost Recon "cover system" back in the day, I found it too clunky since you couldn't move left or right while peeking (unlike GRAW for PC). It was practically useless against the Firefight AI which made crazy trick shots when I peeked around a corner :rofl: . OH! and plus I never could align myself properly for a peek no matter how much I practiced, I think it is because having only the reticule without a weapon model made it difficult for me.

Don't play if you don't like, move back to COD.

You say go back to COD but arnt these forums supposed to be a place where one airs ones likes and dislikes about the subject. I have an opinion and wonder how many people agree with me. It's particularly helpfully to just say "go brack to COD

Edited by JohnTC02
Fixed double post

I can't believe there is no 1st person view.. Every game I've played including both previous ghost recons had the option. I hate this new ghost recon and have been waiting 4 years for only to take it back. Anyone else agree?

The 3rd person view in my eyes dose make this game , its different new for me .... a nice break for any of the cod games refreshing :)

No I don't agree. There are already to many fps shooters out there. Besides in first person you wouldn't be able to fully utilize the cover system they way it should be. 3rd person is what make this game. Before the G.R.A.W. games ...

Hey dude, I was really really taking your opinion seriously, until I read this:

... Ghost Recon was actually a fps and it was just like every other shooter out there.

WHAT? Ghost Recon was just like every other shooter out there? So you've been playing some version of the games I never noticed, because EVERY Ghost Recon title just sets itself apart from the rest. My $0,02.

I can't believe there is no 1st person view.. Every game I've played including both previous ghost recons had the option. I hate this new ghost recon and have been waiting 4 years for only to take it back. Anyone else agree?

The 3rd person view in my eyes dose make this game , its different new for me .... a nice break for any of the cod games refreshing :)

But wouldn't it have been better to have the choice. I have always disliked the 3rd person view, it's like you character gets in the way all the time. If a game wanted to impose its preference then they could even take away the invert axis option. Actually,, that's the first thing I do when I bye a game, there is no way I could even try to play a game without inverting the axis.

Edited by Atheist rob

But wouldn't it have been better to have the choice. I have always disliked the 3rd person view, it's like you character gets in the way all the time. If a game wanted to impose its preference then they could even take away the invert axis option. Actually,, that's the first thing I do when I bye a game, there is no way I could even try to play a game without inverting the axis.

You play inverted!? How? O.o

I have to agree with the original poster... at least give us the option, like in GRAW2... there was an option to go 3rd person (default) or first person... played and loved 1st person view... biggest beef with FS... lack of options, Yes, I know I shouldn't compare it to GRAW2... but I didn't like default GRAW2, but loved it... and still play it with option choices.

Not understanding why those options didn't come in FS.

Actually... i think this type of comment and conversation is nessisary... not everyone buys theses games day 1... I pre-ordered both 360 and PC version because i love the series... but I can understand people wanting to know this kind of info BEFORE buying... isn't that what a forum is for?