Ghost Recon Commander Opens it's beta Doors!

Zeealex

• 2 weeks later...

Playable? I click Play and it just hangs, nothing happens. Just keeps telling me to install Adobe's Flash Plug-In, which I have installed.... twice. Still no go.

Tried with IE and FF now, still no go. This ###### doesn't do my tourettes-by-proxy any good.

Edited by WytchDokta

Does GRC require specific browsers? I'm not upgrading to W7 just so I can use IE9 (IE9 not supported on XP)

EDIT: Ok, so I updated FF and tried running GRC again. Got further than before but now hangs at "Loading, Please Wait" screen. Sigh. I know my connection is ###### here, but this is taking the ######.

Edited by WytchDokta

Does GRC require specific browsers? I'm not upgrading to W7 just so I can use IE9 (IE9 not supported on XP)

EDIT: Ok, so I updated FF and tried running GRC again. Got further than before but now hangs at "Loading, Please Wait" screen. Sigh. I know my connection is ###### here, but this is taking the ######.

Commander says that full sreen only works with FF and Chrome (not IE) and on a 64 bit system.

Commander says that full sreen only works with FF and Chrome (not IE) and on a 64 bit system.

yeah, they limited the graphical capability on 32 bit browsers so that everyday Computer Systems running 32 bit software would not be put under too much strain. logical really and seeing that IE9 is quite the resource hog, it makes sense to use FF and Chrome instead to maximise framerates. as the was an issue at the beginning where the game just laged like hell.

Report it to their facebook page, Loot Drop are very quick to fix issues. GRC also doesn't work on my firefox, but works fine on Chrome ;)

Okay, tested on a laptop in a different town where connection speed is much higher. Got on it fine, except it wouldn't unlock any of the GRFS camos/weapons when I clicked on unlock. Also, I unlocked the Ghost characters from GRFS to use in GRC, atleast GRFS says so - yet GRC says they're still locked. Incidently, the 32-bit laptop in question has much inferior specs to my 64-bit rig, yet the laptop will load it and my rig won't. I therefore ascertain this is connection speed issue. (On a side note, account linking between Uplay and Facebook is fine and the GR Network even states I have unlocked the GRFS crew for use in GRC, but GRC just isn't having any of it.)

Ugh, they really need to replace the broadband wires in rural areas with better tech, then I wouldn't have to sit here for an hour waiting for the game to load the menu.

Edited by WytchDokta

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I loaded WIN 7 Pro 64 bit OS and using Chrome for a browser. Updated my CPU from a Intel Core 2 Duo E3300 2.5Ghz to a Core 2 Duo E6300 2.8 Ghz, put in a Geforce GT 520 1GB video card, upgraged my ram to 4GB from 2GB. The game is still very laggy and locks up completely at times. I have been able to get to level 6 but it is frustrating to play this game. The graphics are not that good either. The game WAR Commander on Facebook performes a 1,000 times better that this game and it runs on my (x86) system better also.

Edited by mexicobob