SOG/SAS MOD News

mehn_15

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I appreciate it! As for an update...well, I've pretty much finished all of the Taliban and Northern Alliance. I'm in the process of finishing the U.S. operators (desert, tropical climates) in addition to the "guest" appearances :shifty: I have about a week left of school and then I'll be back 100%. I may need some help w/ the predator drone though. The rotors aren't working out the way I would have hoped. Oh, I'm still looking for another image hosting source so I can post my progress. For the time being, go to this webpage for any other news updates. Thanks again all!!!

So this is a little depressing, I cannot seem to connect with the angelfire links at all. It just shows the links but won't let me click on em. I'm desperate to see the SBS skin. The rest sound great, but I'm curious to see the SBS. If anyone's interested there's a great book about that group. "Black Water" by Don Camsell is an in depth look at the SBS. :ph34r::o=:ph34r: Anyway, if you've got a secret passageway into the secret lair of the hidden photos, how about hiding the key for me!

SCRATCH THAT! I found the hidden path. Just kidding, after clicking on enough links to your site I found my way into one that shows the two SBS operators and the Northern alliance skin. EXCELLENT JOB! Those are some great skins.

Edited by rioghan_celt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:Bump: Its around that time anymore news?

Well, yes and no. I've been working on the mod but it's not where I want it to be; missions aren't completed, and I want to re-work some of the operator .chrs. Anyhow, I have posted some new images of the recent .chrs that I have completed. You can view them by going here.

What kinda weapons will be in it? Any idea on a release date?

Mainly Ak's. The reason is since the missions will be taking place in regions where they are the main type of firearms. I think I have another modder assisting me with them. As far as release, well, I'm hestitant to give a specific date. I've had some things go on in my home life that has diverted my attention. Hopefully, the mod will be release before GR2 :huh:

looking really good. The skins for the baddies are amazing. Some of the SAS/SBS skins (the ones at about the middle of your page) are a little undefined, they don't seem to have a lot of detail. (it could just be the lighting though). I'll looks forward to this mod, thanks Mehn. :thumbsup:

Some of the SAS/SBS skins (the ones at about the middle of your page) are a little undefined, they don't seem to have a lot of detail. (it could just be the lighting though.

Yeah, I know. I downloaded some pictures from the actual prison uprising and tried to duplicate some of the outfits on the .chrs. They're supposed to look like big, blucky cold weather jackets hence the bland look. But, if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears :shifty:

Edited by mehn_15

Some of the SAS/SBS skins (the ones at about the middle of your page) are a little undefined, they don't seem to have a lot of detail. (it could just be the lighting though.

Yeah, I know. I downloaded some pictures from the actual prison uprising and tried to duplicate some of the outfits on the .chrs. They're supposed to look like big, blucky cold weather jackets hence the bland look. But, if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears :shifty:

oh, ok, i see now. Maybe some fur around the edges of the hoods? Your best bet is prolly to get a picture of a winter jacket similar to the ones the SAS/SBS use and use that as a starting point for your texture. that's what i normally do.

anyway, looking good though mehn, can't wait to try this one out. :thumbsup:

Maybe some fur around the edges of the hoods? Your best bet is prolly to get a picture of a winter jacket similar to the ones the SAS/SBS use and use that as a starting point for your texture. that's what i normally do.

I've done that with some of the LBV's and backpack's so I'll try it with the jackets. Thanks for the tip! :D