Ghost Recon Future Soldier DLC announced!

FifaJay

Arctic Strike Map Pack announced.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/11155.html

or

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19118-ghost-recon-future-soldier-multiplayer-dlc-arctic-strike-announced/

More info should come soon.

Extract:

If you plan on picking up Ghost Recon: Future Soldier in a few weeks, you'll probably want to consider the downloadable content, too.

Ubisoft has announced the first piece of DLC for the highly anticipated Tom Clancy installment; it's the Arctic Strike Map Pack, which features new multiplayer maps, a new mode, a new Guerrilla Mode co-op map, and six more weapons that will give you an additional edge over your enemies.

"From the streets of Moscow to the far reaches of the Arctic," you can expand upon an already invigorating experience by picking up the DLC pack for $9.99 on the PlayStation Network (800 Microsoft points on Xbox Live). You will have to wait a bit, though; as the game arrives on May 22 (the PC version releases on June 12), the Arctic Strike Map Pack won't be ready until July 3. Well, you can hone your skills in that span of time, which will probably be necessary if you wish to be competitive online.

Edited by FifaJay

Anyone else offended that they are releasing DLC a little over a month after the game comes out? That means everything included in the DLC is probably 90% completed when the game comes out.

Most major studios have seperate teams for the game and DLC. And I'd rather have full DLC, then a 90% completed project they throw in.

Agreed.

Already charging people for extra content before the game is even out? I mean, it isn't even smart, why not advertise your DLC after people get tired of your game and want something new? They'd be more likely to buy it then than before they even know what the game is like.

Rip off.

If it was a game you are anticipating would you view the extra in-game content as a rip off still?. For less than £10 i think that is fair pricing. I sometimes can't differentiate between DLC and expansion packs, except maybe expansion packs would have more in-game content but at a higher price. Do you mean to say that the announcement of DLC is too early?.

I sometimes can't differentiate between DLC and expansion packs

Same. Let's take Xbox DLC for example. DLC for Gears of War includes like four new maps and costs 800 MSP, whereas DLC for Fallout includes huge new game worlds, new weapons, new quests, new items, etc and also costs 800 MSP. 800 MSP for 4 maps? Can get whole new games off XBLA for the same price. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it Epic Games. :)

I am not irritated they announced a DLC... I expected that. I NEVER expected an announcement BEFORE the game was released tho.

It's the newest trend in gaming. Announce a dlc before the game release, so you have more time to hype it up. Get a bit of buzz going (good or bad works in their favor).