Why can't UBISOFT make damage realistic in MP? Like GRAW2?

drstevenbrule

Just wanna know if i can use an FN SCAR on semiauto and actually drop people in MP with just a double tap in the chest like i used to in old GR games with the older ARs they had like M468 etc (in GRAW2 or something)

Not looking for ARMA, just something better than BF3 or any of the other Ghost Recon games that have come before. PLEASE don't tell me its gonna be the same old thing.

anyone play MP and can attest to the damage being realistic? You don't need more than two or so hits to upper chest to kill a guy with an ACR (lets just say)???

And IS THERE ANY CHANCE of maybe getting heavier grain (like 77grain Black hills type rounds) bullets in the Gunsmith to AT LEAST make it possible to kill with a double tap to the chest in semi auto in MP????

Edited by drstevenbrule

Sad to say its not GRAW 2 MP like it used to be. It could take up to 6 hits full auto to down someone in the beta now. tbh i prefered the super realistic damage of old ghost recon games, but itd break future soldier's multiplayer style. :/

WHAT??

how is it gonna turn into Army of Two now? 6 hits minimum now?

are they possibly going to have diff modes, maybe heavier rounds you can select for your weapon etc to make double taps to the chest possible??

I am not looking for total realism, but what you are describing sounds awful....BF3 is barely tolerable for me in Hardcore mode right now...

drstevenbrule, if you think that's bad, try Far Cry 2. Enemies in that don't wear any visible armour, yet will be merely incapped by a full mag of AK47 rounds to the chest at point blank range. Such is the common 'enemies wearing invisible power armour' trend with shooters.

Codemasters did the same thing for OF Red River - they put in these so-called 'SpecOps' enemy soldiers that could withstand many hits. Best thing was, they'd even try to snipe you from distance with shotguns and would charge at you firing full magazine bursts from rifles.

Best game to do this ever was Metro 2033:

- Shoot an enemy human in the head once: gas mask flies off, enemy still alive.

- Shoot the enemy human in the head again: helmet flies off, enemy still alive.

- Shoot that same enemy in the head a third time and they die.

Don't make any sense to me.

drstevenbrule, if you think that's bad, try Far Cry 2. Enemies in that don't wear any visible armour, yet will be merely incapped by a full mag of AK47 rounds to the chest at point blank range. Such is the common 'enemies wearing invisible power armour' trend with shooters.

Codemasters did the same thing for OF Red River - they put in these so-called 'SpecOps' enemy soldiers that could withstand many hits. Best thing was, they'd even try to snipe you from distance with shotguns and would charge at you firing full magazine bursts from rifles.

Best game to do this ever was Metro 2033:

- Shoot an enemy human in the head once: gas mask flies off, enemy still alive.

- Shoot the enemy human in the head again: helmet flies off, enemy still alive.

- Shoot that same enemy in the head a third time and they die.

Don't make any sense to me.

Oh god, don't remind me of FarCry 2 (it was an amazing SP game, but MP was awful unless you could handle an AS50 better than the twenty others using it per match)

OF Red River was GREAT (to me at least) and would've been the game I'd be STILL PLAYING had they decided to include competitive MP (which they removed since last OF because they screwed the pooch so bad with it and it had no real weapon/character customization OR realism...and thats saying something for a MILSIM) and I am hoping they learned from this... :wall:

Codemasters make gorgeous games, and if EA (BF3)'s team and Codemasters had a baby, it would be the perfect game. Realism (weapons wise and environmentally as well) and fun all in one package (or at least quasi-fun if they are smart enough to make more OPEN world shooters).

I just hope these CoD-meets-Predator invisicamo comercials i am seeing don't ruin the Tom Clancy name...all hail R6V1/V2/Lockdown, GRAW1,2 etc

how are they planning to top those games with an unrealistic, sci-fi interpretation of a TOM CLANCY franchise??? I am very excited to TRY the game, but i am scared its gonna blow and be all 3rd (no FPS mode, unlike previous GR games) during MP and low-damage ARs with CoD animation and small maps

and if EA (BF3)'s team and Codemasters had a baby, it would be the perfect game

I don't know, EA might give Codemasters an STD.

whistle.gif

LOL, made me laugh...However, If DICE and Codemasters made a game...it would be a helluva thing.

Still hoping SOMEDAY we see a console game like ARMA with orginal GR tactics and teamplay.

I am just saying guys, this game is gonna be AWFUL and BORING if it plays like a futuristic CoDish shooter

and yes, an ARMA/GR hybrid would be amazing....like i said, an OPEN WORLD FPS shooter with at least QUASIREALISTIC ballistics and vehicles etc and i would be all in... :thumbsup:

Not tanks etc maybe, but at least technicals/humvee type vehicles...and no one can debate that its fun to fly those helos and F35s in BF

add that aspect to a GR-type game, and you have a winner....i just wish the giant combat robo-drones and invisicamo was gone and was replaced with actual tech we are seeing being fielded someday SOON

I am just saying guys, this game is gonna be AWFUL and BORING if it plays like a futuristic CoDish shooter

and yes, an ARMA/GR hybrid would be amazing....like i said, an OPEN WORLD FPS shooter with at least QUASIREALISTIC ballistics and vehicles etc and i would be all in... :thumbsup:

Not tanks etc maybe, but at least technicals/humvee type vehicles...and no one can debate that its fun to fly those helos and F35s in BF

add that aspect to a GR-type game, and you have a winner....i just wish the giant combat robo-drones and invisicamo was gone and was replaced with actual tech we are seeing being fielded someday SOON

Eeehm..COD is copying Ghost Recon since modern warfare, what did you mean by " this game is gonna be AWFUL and BORING if it plays like a futuristic CoDish shooter"?

First Futuristic COD game will be Black Ops 2, GR has been futuristic since 2001.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't some companies actually been working on optical camo?