Ghost Recon Network Open - with Gunsmith

There are quite a few people having issues accessing GRN, here is the official FAQ. It might help?.

How can I join the Network?

You just need a free Uplay account, and a gaming platform (PS3/X360/PC) linked to your Uplay account. In the beta, you can only link your console from the pop-up Uplay screens that appear when you launch the beta – make sure to complete this process if you want to access the GRN.

In the final game, you will be able to both link your console from those pop-up screens and from the Uplay section in the menu.

Warning : without this link, your weapon customization and statistics can’t be connected to the Network.

The Network will be partially up and running during the GRFS MP Beta starting April 19th, and will partially shut down after the beta. It will be available again at launch.

How much will I have to pay each month for the service?

The GRN is completely free.

More info here Ghost Recon Network FAQ

Well I tried on 2 other PCs as well as hand held devices to get the Gunsmith working,...no good. <_<

Interesting to note that when I dumped Unity player from my PC it not only was stable but also ran faster.

If the game developers want to give the fans a teaser, than they should at least make sure that it works on the PCs of mere mortals.

A word to those in the know, get rid of Unity player! :huh:

Edited by Anthonyf

After getting in contact with Unity, they said that if the "demos" on they're site play (which they do), but the Gunsmith on the UBIsoft site does not, than it is a UBIsoft issue, plain n simple.

It doesn't have anything to do with Unity player!

I hope that the development team can rectify this situation promptly so I can try before I pick up my collectors edition?

Anthony I see you're posting all over about issues with GRN: Gunsmith; while I can't say for a fact it seems a fair bet that the resource files have been localized and this just hasn't been done for your market yet -- just as Oz and Kiwi Land get a fancy pants 'Collectors Edition' and we haven't yet, Gunsmith just isn't ready to roll down under yet.

The more interesting question about Gunsmith is, did Ubisoft just use Unity for Gunsmith because it's cross-platform, and if they're not actually selling anything on it, so they got free use to do this, or, is there a snowball's chance in Australia that GR:FS PC will be on Unity?

My initial reaction in contemplating the later was 'hope not' because I like the way the game looks on YETI, but on considering the potential it could mean everything PC Fans covet: server browser, dedicated servers, superlative mod tools -- and a usher in the next decade of Ghost Recon PC for the origina GRN...

Long shot though I think...

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

And you can't really judge the Gunsmith tool until you actually play it in the finished version of the game. I hate to back up FS, but we should probably give it a slight chance to even be released before attacking it. Just because an online beta unfinished untested version doesn't work doesn't mean anything about the in-game version.

Anthony I see you're posting all over about issues with GRN: Gunsmith; while I can't say for a fact it seems a fair bet that the resource files have been localized and this just hasn't been done for your market yet -- just as Oz and Kiwi Land get a fancy pants 'Collectors Edition' and we haven't yet, Gunsmith just isn't ready to roll down under yet.

Yeah I understand, but (sorry about the "but"), When you've got money riding on whether or not a game works even before it comes through your front door, as in the case of a pre-order.

Plus the disappointment seems palpable when in you enthusiasm for the GR family of games, you wait and wait only to find out it doesn't work.