Map Modding

RileyFletcher_01

Read all of Mike Schell's tutorial and the official RSE map-building PDF, and I'm still unclear on something. I know how, in Max, to texture something like the ground or any object with the Material Editor, but that applies a, 'looping', should I say, effect. I want to texture, say, a farmhouse or a phone booth; how do I get the texture on the right spot?

Oh, another question. How do I import an object into my map from a model pack like HH's objects and textures pack, or a car or something I made in another .max file?

Edited by rileyfletcher_01

For texturing use UVW Unwrap Modifier. Google tutorials for it. To import stuff into your map, use "File>Merge" and select max file you want to import. The dialog window will also ask you which objects from that file you want to merge with your scene.

You wont be able to open max files that were created or saved with newer version of 3dsm but if you have model in *.3ds format, you can import it into your version with "File>Import".

Having an issue with authorizing the program. It keeps telling me that it is a trial version and it requires an authorization code. I would definitely like to legally purchase it, so would Autodesk still sell me serial number or whatever I need to activate the program? If so, should I call them or e-mail them?

• 2 months later...

your map looks like my first map lol I was so happy

if you need tutorials let me know I have old cobaka tutorial site on backup lot's of info on how to make buildings, portals etc

I do have old videos form other map makers from the past but those take quite a bit to upload and my internet sucks for the time being

• 8 years later...