Really was the Mp5 necessary for Ghost Recon?

yeah, i agree with you. MP5 sucks. At first, i though my enemy is wearing heavy armour or my aiming is not accurate enough.

but when face-to-face less than i tink 1 metre apart from my enemy, i gave him 10 plus plus bullets all over his body .....but he is only woundered and i swear by the honour of my rank that i aimed 101% accurate.

Using MP5 is an insult to my Colonel Firearms ability.

Get Lost, loser MP5

Now, MP4 Socom and MP5 SD become my professional weapons. Great Zoom, especially for the M4 Socom. Try 3 bust with M4 Socom and u know what i mean by 1 shot 1 kill.

The mp5 may not be the most powerful gun but its accurate. Back in the day i used to silently kill sentries with Henry Ramirez and his mp5sd :ph34r: Given the choice i would take the SOCOM but back in the days before IT you couldn't :(

Everyone has their preferences.

I for one love the MP5 and the MP5SD. I also dislike the M4SOCOM and come on the OICW without the grenade launcher has no scope and the real OICW without the GL has no sights and is for Personal Defense in case of a emergency.

The MP5 is is good if you know how to use it , but everyone once again has their favorites.

Heh, I get more kills with the MP5 then I do with the M16,M4 SOCOM, and the SA80 combined.

:lol::lol::lol:

"Try 3 bust with M4 Socom and u know what i mean by 1 shot 1 kill."

:rolleyes:

Uh wouldnt that be 1 out of 3 shots to kill? or 3 shots 1 kill?

They needed better kits from the start. An M4 with a silencer would have been logical. I'm not a ballistics expert, but it seems that apart from headshots, the MP5SD and the Socom take a few shots to drop a guy. I would like to see my hits do more damage. Are they really realistically modelled? What are the muzzle velocities of those guns in the real world and are they proportionately represented in the game? Sometimes you hit a guy and he lurches, you pause to see if he goes down and he recovers and plants you one between the eyes before you get a second shot - and he's dead in your sights. Puhleeese!

Edited by budgie

M16,M4 SOCOM, and the SA80 combined.

And how would that weapon look? I think you would need a tripod.

I had the misfortune of playing Quake III and Unreal Tornument. What a pile of *rubbish* they were. What is the point? Is there such a thing as a good Quake/Unreal player. It seems to me to be luck.

The MP5SD might be not as effective in game as the SOPMOD m4, but as someone else was saying, about killing sentries with the MP5SD, used to be the only way of doing it silently (of course you have the suppressed m9 but c'mon!).

Don't you remember the GR glory days of m16's, m249, and m4's... the OICW and MP5SD... and MG3 and a RPK... a SA80 and a MP5, SVD, and a M82... just to name a few..

mmm... guns...

I'm not sure I know what your talking about... I was playing the embassy mission, on elite, w/ one person, armed w/ an MP5 SD. I killed a guy w/ one shot that was at least 50 game Meters away. Someone was saying that you would hit a guy and they would lurch, then shoot you. Not the case. After they lurch, before they get back to full stance, shoot them again, and repeat 'till dead. MP5 SD is my favorite for Rambo (one person, single player) Recon and Firefight modes.

Edited by jkseal0010

Someone was saying that you would hit a guy and they would lurch, then shoot you.  Not the case.  After they lurch, before they get back to full stance, shoot them again, and repeat 'till dead.

I admit my hesitation is sometimes fatal, but it looks for all the world like they're really going down, so I sometimes don't want to waste a shot. Now even if they did recover in real life, I find it hard to belive that in a second they can aim at me and get off an accurate shot straight after being wounded. By the way after we get hit our aiming reticle takes longer to settle - doesn't seem to be a roblem for the one shot winners on the enemy AI team.

Oh yeah, and it probably works well in MP because real players don't recover from that first hit as fast as the AI enemies do.

Edited by budgie

Every weapon has its place. Try to cross an open field with only an MP5 and you're gonna get hurt. In CQB places, headshots mean its the tangos who go down. As long as you double and triple-tap, not 3rd burst, you're gonna do better with aimed shots toward the head. 9mm was never meant to penetrate any body armor. It'll make a mess of the skull, though.

was just watching 44 Minutes: North Hoolywood Shootout on cable and the first thing a SWAT officer said was " they're wearing body armor. forget the MP5s we're going strictly 223." Funny thing was when the officers on the scene took all the carbines from a store and left the Remington 700 sniper rifle! Why??????

mig

Im still wondering who built the originals in GR (COUGH). :P

This is why Mods exist. They stunk. Stuck out loud in fact. I have an MP-5 and if it was as inaccurade as the one in GR I'd be dead by now. Same goes for my AK and my M-16. But what burns me is the Ret close times in the sniper weps. Thats so bogus it makes me sick. Totaly unreal. :wall: Hopefully in GR2 someone will remove their heads from their rear and get real. :blink:

I agree with Thumper; MP5 is a CQB weapon. If you use it right in the game, it will prove it's worth. However, I have to agree with the others saying it's way too inaccurate then the real thing. When I started to model my MP5 for the mod I'm working on, I contacted one of my brother's friends (a member of ALFA squad, Croatian equivalent of US SWAT team) and he told me MP5 is deadly accurate up to 50m. He also compared the recoil with that of the BB gun- virtualy none if you press the stock firmly against your shoulder.

With all that in mind, I reduced the recoil significantly for my MP5...I didn't mess with the kill power value, but with more bullets ending up where they are intended, the tangos go down quicker and easier.

With all that in mind, I reduced the recoil significantly for my MP5...I didn't mess with the kill power value, but with more bullets ending up where they are intended, the tangos go down quicker and easier.

Is this only in the Croatian Army mod?

Any chance of making it (MP5) availible to the heathens who haven't got it yet?

Well then maybe somebody from the GR2 team or a modder of weps should look at how they did it in DF-Blackhawk Down cause it seems that it is accurate up to around 50 meters or so and you can get kills with it. They may have given it too much credit, but the recoil effect is minimal too. If I ever finally get around to modelling weps I'll give it try.

mig :o=:ph34r:

Edited by migryder