So What'cha Think?

As this turn of the beta is almost over, how are you guys feeling about the game? I'm generally having a positive experience; and while I don't see GR:O as being remotely like anything Ghost Recon other then in name, it's not really like anything else out there either, and that to me at least seems like a good thing. GR:O at least appears to have the shape and promise of something that's 'a little more' then other free-to-play games...

:huh:

Edited by 101459

I got a beta key and it didn't work (said it was already assigned). I contacted support and they said yeah it was assigned to somebody else and my account didn't have a key assigned to it. They asked me to send them the email that I got, so I did, and now they haven't responded in 2 days... Awesome customer service as usual from Ubisoft... :wall:

Well as of tonight you're not missing much as the class ratio is now really stuffed with the vast majority playing the Recon class... If your playing Recon that can be alright but it turns the game in to a fairly shallow shooter, and can make it a miserable affair for guys playing Support and Assault. Looks like there's still some work ahead before it's ready for prime time. In the mean time if there's any friend invite thing like there was in the previous beta I'll be sure and invite ya!

:unsure:

They finally got back to me with a working key... I'm not sure why I bothered - what a joke. A bunch of snipers running & gunning, and random useless crap cluttering up the HUD. I seriously doubt there's anything they could do to rescue this - it's massively outclassed by the bigger name games.

Played it the first few nights it went live. Basically a Recon class war. Super linear. Entire game and map design is based around the cover system. The OTS view constantly shifting gives me a headache. Abilit to see around corner or from cover without exposing yourself is still the absolute more horrible thing about cover systems. The unholy amount of muzzle flash makes it pointless to try and sustain aimed fire. Weapon recoil is set in stone and no way to counteract it. Assault/Support weapons are horribly under powered and inaccurate. Does not support more than 3 mouse buttons (LMB, RMB, MMB). Honestly I can't think of one thing I like about it.

• 4 weeks later...

i wish the maps were bigger with the possibility of 4 teams of 8 players (blue, red, green, and gold teams = awesome) or 16 vs 16. i like the 3rd person view. reason why i've been playing GRAW 2 on the xbox 360 for so long. had a bit of lag...even when playing with a AMD x6 3.2GHz, 8GB memory, Nvidia 560 gtx. i haven't really played much yet and only using the assault class. best i've done so far is 20k 8d. i like the idea of having all guns and attachments unlocked for all ranks which would make for fair matches. i hate that purchasing extra bullet damage and extra hp crap, again this makes the game unfair and 1 shot in the head should be a kill no matter what gun is used.

• 1 month later...

I really don't like this game. I just received my beta two days ago and the game just isn't fun. It feels like ghost recon call of duty. Ghost recon has been ruined, because of this future soldier crap and quick game play. I don't know why game companies feel that they have to change so much in a game to make it better when in most cases it makes it worse. The maps are way to small and all I have seen is people running and gunning. What a shame to ruin such a good series. :(