Frostbite v 1.1

Rocky

Download full v1.1 here (240Mb)

Small patch will be available shortly for those with FB already installed.

Frostbite 1.1

You must have Frostbite installed for this to work correctly.

This patch is set to overwrite.

This patch fixes and adds the following content:

Fixed two geometry holes in the Keep that were causing players to fall to their deaths

in the two rear towers (from the front of the castle). Also fixed

the floor textures in the upper level floor towers to block sight to above.

Fixed the FAMAS weapons to have a non-neutral gray texture on the magazine.

Fixed the silenced property on the SFW-SD gun.

Fixed effects.xml for a more realistic effect in the 3D game world.

Fixed the damaged radar map texture name that was causing installation failure on Asian

versions of Windows.

Overrode the .wav that plays, "I'm not going swimming" with one that says, "Too Deep".

Fixed the MINIMI to have the texture on the correct side.

Fixed FB03 -  The Sniper's nest to prevent a hostage from being killed when the

Objective has been met.

Added a woodland version of the M24 sniper rifle.

Added Threat Indicator to include a compass only.

Complete revision of Multi-player aspect in Frostbite.

The revision includes the following:

Default mp platoons are reactivated.

Added the default woodland camo pattern for the ghosts.

There are now 16 new MP skins.  This brings the total choices up to

32 MP actor skins while playing with Frostbite activated.

Added several new Kit Restriction Files to accomodate the wide variety of

preferences.

Default kit restrictions only have the custom skins added.

"Frostbite" kit restrictions have the weapons included in the mod added to the default mixture

of weapons.

"Frostbite Only" kit restrictions have the default weapons removed from the mix.

Special Thanks for content included in this patch goes to:

Bajabravo for the MP skins.  (Some appeared in Sabre Teams and others are from his custom skin packs).

Wolfsong for the MINIMI.

The Ghost Recon Community for reporting these bugs.

-Frostbite Development Team-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frostbite 1.1

Is this the full version or a 233mb patch?

Rocky, can we now remove the links to the small patches in the mod description?

Edited by aKirA

Frostbite 1.1

Is this the full version or a 233mb patch?

It is a FULL version, but will act as a patch for existing installations if I understand it correctly.

Anyone who has FB 1.0 can just install the 20Mb patch, linked in my previous post. Anyone who has not installed FB before should grab this new 1.1v to be compatible with the patched versions.

i downloaded the Frostbite v1.1 cuz v1.0 the Frostbite Launcher.exe file it say document fail to load im running windows 2000 v1.1 did the same thing i still get that error id there a fix for that or is this new news

Edited by Joel

Thank you Frostbite team for the patch.

I only wish that it notified those that tried to join our server that they needed to install the patch if they hadnt. Instead of just a boot ;) Im sure thats out of the FB teams hands, just a wish is all :rocky:

Thank you Frostbite team for the patch.

I only wish that it notified those that tried to join our server that they needed to install the patch if they hadnt. Instead of just a boot ;) Im sure thats out of the FB teams hands, just a wish is all :rocky:

it was said that after the v1.1 was released it would be required for plaiyng on any server running it. And as a player you have to assume that the servers always run on the latest versions. So I think it's the players who are just ignorent. ;)

20 mb is small when compared to the full mod. ;)

Sorry about the patch overwriting the modconts.txt file, but it had to be done to prevent other problems that would have arisen due to missing files. Players should have been alerted by ghost recon that they were missing the mod. I can't explain why that didn't happen.

I'm already working on 1.2 and it should be done in the next day or two. This one will also overwrite the modconts.txt file to reflect the version change.

Several peeps tried the update.. CRASH. Been getting the same report for 2 days. I tossed mine and got Full 1.1.1. Works fine now. Thanks for fixin the holes in the floor and the skins! ;) FB is a real sweetie! But whats the deal with the file size difference? :wacko:

"Puffy"

I'm already working on 1.2 and it should be done in the next day or two. This one will also overwrite the modconts.txt file to reflect the version change.

:unsure: Is this new patch going to fix the problem of mission #7 crashing to desktop in quick mission and campaign mode???

In regards to mission 7 crashing, you may need to turn down some graphic options or play on recruit level. There is nothing wrong with the mission. It is a little heavy on some systems- there are quite a few bad guys, a couple vehicles and the map is large in a sense. The patch will in no way help you with this, sorry.

*Unless theres some new problem that I am not aware of.

Edited by sleeper

Unless I get more information about the crash on mission 7, there won't be a fix. It doesn't crash on my system in any game mode.

It is obviously ok since "Puffy" is thanking me for fixing the holes in the floors.

Check your keep map directory and if there is a keep.sht file in there delete it and try to restart the mission. Otherwise, I'll need an IKE.txt log emailed to me.