ARMA 3 - Community Alpha

MadMike

"Bohemia wants to get early feedback on the game to assure a smooth release. That’s deeply reassuring. An Arma 3 “Community Alpha” will release sometime after E3 in June to facilitate this"

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/23/arma-3-community-alpha/

Could ARMA 3 be something that could satisfy our TacSim urges?

Personally, I was not a fan of ARMA 1 and 2 (no fun in LAN coop), but I am hoping for ARMA 3.

Brgds Mike

Edited by Tinker
Moved to correct forums

I really tried to fill my tacsim hungry craving with ArmA 1 & Arma 2. Although I enjoyed both Arma 1 & Arma 2, one thing that constantly killed it for me was that they had issues running well on even decent machines (i5 760, GTX 560, 4GB ram). If anything, I hope that Bohemia Interactive finally makes the game more friendly on decent machines.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/23/arma-3-community-alpha/

Could ARMA 3 be something that could satisfy our TacSim urges?

Yes I feel it can breath life into tac sims as with our group ArmA2 carried us for a while and ArmA3 should also

the question will be is it just a big $60.00 patch or will it be a new game.

ArmA3 Hurry up!!!

BIS said the 'base' for ArmA3 were the lastest OA patches releases (or something like that) and the BAF models were the starting point for the characters modelling. I'm sure BIS will simplify a lot of things, yet will keep all the features present at moment (and to be added also) in A2:CO. They are seeking some backward compatibility, so lot of content is going to be converted to ArmA3. But, for real, it's the same formula, with better graphics and more features (Smokie is now in the team, check his animation pack and you will know what is coming).

EDIT:

I really love these animations. Even not confirmed for ArmA3, I'm pretty sure things like these will be included.

And there are several other videos.

Also, most of the Cold War Rearmed team is also being employed by BIS.

Edited by Operative

The animations are okay, but still not as fluid as I'd like to see. The OFP/ArmA series has always suffered from jerky animation transitions. If you compare ArmA II's animations to Medal of Honor's, for instance, there's just no comparison. MoH's animations are so much more believable and life-like. It would be great to see that remedied, because Arma II is, in most other respects, a completely superior product.

The animations are okay, but still not as fluid as I'd like to see. The OFP/ArmA series has always suffered from jerky animation transitions. If you compare ArmA II's animations to Medal of Honor's, for instance, there's just no comparison. MoH's animations are so much more believable and life-like. It would be great to see that remedied, because Arma II is, in most other respects, a completely superior product.

The animations I showed were done by a modder without the resources BIS has. Arma3 will include a revamped animation system and of course the animations will look better than that.