New Film [Act of Valor]

Hammer

Yes, saw a trailer for it some time ago and the movie looks promising. Says there are real active-duty SEALs in the movie too

http://actofvalor.com/

Those of you living in the US should be able to see it first - it's opening in a couple days. Let us know what you think :thumbsup:

tHAT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ,EX SNIPER, this is an action film!

Mrs. Para and I saw Act of Valor Friday evening. The film was outstanding, and I don't foresee Hollywood putting out a better action film for a long time, unless they employ current/former military guys in the action roles. The difference between the SEALs and the typical Hollywood actor was apparent even to my wife, who has absolutely no tactical training.

On a more important note, Act of Valor is a moving tribute to our military, made even more poignant because one of the SEALs who stars in the film was aboard the CH-47 that was shot down in Afghanistan last August, leaving no survivors. Keep that in mind if you watch the film: One of the studs that you're watching gave his life for your freedom.

On a more important note, Act of Valor is a moving tribute to our military, made even more poignant because one of the SEALs who stars in the film was aboard the CH-47 that was shot down in Afghanistan last August, leaving no survivors. Keep that in mind if you watch the film: One of the studs that you're watching gave his life for your freedom.

R.I.P.

Can you share who? Spoiler block if you have to or PM

Thanks

'Cause I'm a gun and military junkie. Don't worry, I'm slow too thumbsup.gif

thanks, glad I'm not the only one here :whistle:

I stopped by SOCNET and found out they used Canon D1 and D5 --- camera's that I can't afford, but want :rolleyes:

Now I know why some frames loss its focus...when MChief had a chat with the antagonist.

When my Gunney died in a motorcycle accident, I was shaken and upset that I could not give any proper respect to the man who was like a 2nd father to me. Hence, at a turning point of the movie, I was overwhelmed with emotions, along with my wife.

When the team got deployed, and their families were there at the airport, it brought memories when we deployed during the first Persian Gulf War.

So if your a softy like me, be prepared

Hi All,

Has anyone else watched the movie Men of Valor? The Mexico scenes reminded me of GRAW 1& 2 for PC... anyone else? So much so in fact that I wonder if they drew some inspiration for that setting from the game.

Good movie IMHO if you haven't seen it you should give it a watch.

Cheers,

Frank

Edited by JohnTC02
Posts merged with existing thread - Please check before starting multiple topics on the same discussion

I saw it with two friends last Friday to celebrate my birthday early. Even though it was for my birthday, I paid for all our tickets because my one friend was a Marine who did two tours in Iraq in '06 and '08. He really enjoyed it and so did I. I sleep so much easier know guys like that in the SEALs and our other military units are out there fighting for us.

• 10 months later...

This is a really good film, it shows "real" SEALS operating in film format i rented it of itunes lol..

Some Pretty Gutsy scenes involved too as well as the mission firefight scenes.. Not so biased towards american forces either..

I give it an 8/10

Edited by squad_e