Operation Stabilise

JohnTC02

Hi folks,

First off I would like to say I'm sorry for giving you yet another boring and repetitive mission to test :D , but....

Operation Stabilise v1 is now ready for beta testing.

I didn't realise until this one was nearly complete that there is a GR mission with the name Operation Stabilise, this mission does not resemble or is meant to be a copy of the GR mission, apologies to the original author for using the name.

The map is built from the ground up on a clean version of the mission 03 landscape.

Please read:

I'm not going to give to much away about how this mission works as I want to see if what I have done makes any sense and is playable, all I will say is that you need to take note of the on-screen messages and remember the waypoint positions when the map starts.

Some of the on-screen messages might be slightly out of sync to what's happening in the mission, this is due to the trigger notifications that tell you which trigger you have activated, this will be rectified when the mission is released as all trigger info will be removed.

When you play the mission please stick to your chosen route, if you run around like headless chickens then you risk activating to many triggers which will lead to the inevitable lag problem.

I have played through the mission several times and had a couple of CStack crashes at the Explosives objective, I can't find any issues with the mission and believe it's just the normal GR:AW2 crash, if you have any problems here please let me know.

Again there are new custom buildings in the map, this time I have added 4 new ones (plus all the others I have made), the pictures are below.

stab_b1.jpg

stab_b2.jpg

stab_b3.jpg

stab_b4.jpg

Hope you enjoy the mission and thanks for testing,

John

Download:

Operation Stabilise v1.1.

Edited by JohnTC02
Updated download link

Hi John, wow, you should name your mission "SURPRISE" :)

It's another fantastic mission with very interesting changes. I don't will tell either

What I can say is the new buildings a great, we just don't like the horrible UK wallpapers :rofl:

At the beginning I have told Erika what I read and told her to stay with me instead of running around like...... :D

It looks like all the scripts and screen messages came exact at the time when needed.

Just one patrol was missing but I forgot to write done the trigger...it was patrol_09 or something like that.

We stopped, looked if we can cover each other but no AI was seen.

The first explosion was very huge and fantastic to look at.

New buildings are great and we like it. It gives new interesting options to place the AI which you did already.

We had a crash at one of the explosives, but just Erikas game crashed and she was the one who completed this objective.

Typical Graw2 crash: "Access violation ???"

Our average of FPS was 18, the smallest value was 14 and sometimes we have seen 24 but mostly it was 18.

This means it was playable for us but was just at the limit. It was at the limit because it was hard to shoot a fast moving AI on the street.

At the end I went to the wrong place to put C4 on but Erika helped me and said that I'm wrong. This was another surprise :whistle:

All in all a very very nice mission and I need to say sorry but I had not much time for boring.

Next time we will complete the map a different way. That's standard for us to do that. Mostly we play a new mission which is done already that perfect 3 or at least 2 times. It depends also on the time we have.

Normally we would not play today but then I have seen the new mission at around 1600 my time and we said "hurra hurra" :D

Thank for a nice Sunday afternoon again John.

Have a great week,

Kaapo_Erika and Kaapo_Klaus as always using HARD on dedicated server

Edited by kaapo

John

Excellent mission. Played through twice now and found no problems whatsoever. One AI seems to be trying to run through one of the doors in the building opposite the explosives where we detonate the switch to access the explosives hangar. Other than that all good - don't really see too much to change and I would suggest it is in such a complete state you could issue it tomorrow.

One thing I would say it's going to be almost impossible to find a way round without losing a life but it's going to be a lot of fun trying. Some of the AI are positioned in the cruelest of places particularly those guarding access to the roof with the M117's.

Something I was very concerned about is the boredom element and to alleviate the onset of boredom I would like to make the following request. Can you pls see if you can accommodate the following;

Dry ski slope in one of the empty hangars

A turbo trainer for my bike

Coffee making facilities with biscuits

Dancing girls

60" plasma with Skysports subscription for 5 years

The entire works of Charles Dickens but with pictures

..and a change of wallpaper so that all of our European friends don't think we all live in houses decorated like it's the fifties.

Thanks and goodnight

Anthony

Edited by Anthony

Thanks for the replies.

Erika & Klaus, I always like it when you test my missions as you use a dedicated server and (please don't take this the wrong way) your PC's are of a lower spec that some of the other testers here so I know if you can play the map then I'm pretty much on the right track.

The crash you had is the same as mine, I don't know why the game crashes at this point as the crash is normally due to the game running low on recourses, the MI17 objective is much more resource intensive so I would expect any crash to happen there.

I forgot to mention that the destroyed MI17 falls through the map, I think this is a common problem with this heli and was wondering if it would cause any problems on a dedi but you didn't mention any issues there so all seems good.

Anthony, thanks for the feedback, looks like you got though the mission on both occasions without a crash which is good, I think your PC has quite a high spec so I think that has something to do with it.

Right, thanks Anthony, you have now completely ruined my next mission, all the features you listed above were part of my next mission so you have spoilt my surprise for you bored gamers out there. Now I have to remove all those things and think of something new, Hmm what am I going to to with 6 dancing girls as it's getting a bit crowded around here and they are getting under my feet. :whistle:

A change of wallpaper!!! I'll have you know that I took a photograph of that from the best room in my house and now you are saying it's like something from the 50's, I've never been so insulted in my life. :lol:;)

Thanks Daro, no rush mate as like me you are busy doing your own missions, I haven't had a chance to test yours either.

:thumbsup:

John

I don't know why everybody keeps talking about my slow systems :wacko: ...... you are right but I just bought me another motorcycle (yes, it's wintertime, I know it was a bad idea) so I can't update again :wall: Anyway, I bet there are many more people with systems like that.

No, the M117 made no trouble, just the fps went down to 6 for a moment but we saw it coming and was far away enough.

So this was no problem at all. Like I said, we could play the mission and we could enjoy it :thumbsup:

I'm a little bit disapointed that you remove all the great things from your next mission.

Could you do us a favor, keep the best of your and Anthony's ideas and remove your lovely wallpaper style (which all of your UK friends have as well in their rooms)? I'm very sorry John, please don't misunderstand but you should visit a doctor and telling your wallpaper problem. I guess there exist many therapy groups for this kind of terrible wallpaper problem in UK :yes:

oh, by the way, Erika request a pool and I request a pool billiard for one of the next boring missions :lol:

Next weekend we test Daros fixes for his mission but I'm very sure we can try yours another time but using a different way to complete the mission.

Cheers,

Kaapo

Edited by kaapo

Hi Kaapo

I don't know why everybody keeps talking about my slow systems

I think because you are beta tester and you have dedicated server. When I'm testing maps at my dediacted slow computer I'm reporting problems too :)

Emmm motorcycle in the winter it's sounds like extreme sports for me ;)

Tried your map John on a dedicated server. Totally loved it. I didnt find any bugs and I found this mission had some tweaks that make it different to all others.

Keep up the great work..!!

John,

AWESOME MISSION!!

I tried it on hard and got my )!(#*$&#()%*& kicked! I especially liked clearing out the barracks! Just Awesome! The new buildings and landscapes really make the new missions pop! The only issue I had was that a heli spawned but just got stuck on the horizon. I think this is a rather typical bug though.

Cheers,

Rahn

Well congrats for this effort John, this was fun.

I finally went thru and no big issues to report.

The only weird thing that happened was that Ive been kill 2 times by my own nades while covered; hiding behind a wall. :ph34r:

Besides, that was insane action from start to finish the M117. Wow! :o

I really like the AI flow and reaction from the start. And have great time GL the vehicules:)

The M117 buildings complex was something. Im playin on triplehead, action on all screens, bodies flying over me, was great fun clearout the buildings.

Intense firefights, lots of nades, lots of fun, action everywhere :lol: I played with rahn 4.0, thanks for the nades!

Anyway it gives new dimension to the game, i loved the buildings.

The buildings, the ambient sound (more like that plz!) the overall thing has a Ghost recon flavor.I loved it.

After first M117 I had to take a break, had a smoke, then go for the second M.

Took me while, after that I been able to go stealthy, and i really like the AI flow and reactions troughout the map.

I think u started modeling not long ago, and i think know how much work behind a single mission/map.

You guys really pushing it to the limits. Its the only reason im still playin GRAW2.

Thanks to you and all GRAW2 modders, Its really really appreciated.

Cheerz.

Hi John,

Today I tried to play the map alone on the same dedicated server and I had my crash when I wanted to go to do the barracks.

So, doing the the M117 choppers, the depot and the comm systems didn't gave any crashes this time, but the moment I got shot while sneaking around on the street before the barracks, my game crashed. I haven't done the barracks or the explosives yet.

I've played the map a few times now, but I can't say that the crashes occur at the same spot each time.

Playing the map with 4 people on a dedicated server didn't give any lag (at least not for me), only the same sort of typical GRAW 2 crash (30899.3048).

One thing was a bit confusing though... the message for the objectives pop up a littlebit slow. Each time we finish an objective we need to walk around a little in order to get the new objective. I don't know if we are the only ones that have that, or did everyone noticed that?

Other than that the map is build great (again) as are the new buildings. And it's indeed a map full of surprises :thumbsup: . It sure as hell ain't a walk in the park.

Cheers,

Rico

Sorry for the late reply folks, I thought I had already posted here a few days ago, it's my age you know! :rolleyes:

Kaapo, I'm not saying that your system is slow just that it's not as fast as some on here :P , this can be a good thing as I use your feedback as a benchmark so if you don't have many problems then I can be pretty sure the map will play ok for most people, plus you use a dedicated server which will find any problems that don't occur on a normal server.

Jody & Rahn, pleased you both liked the mission and didn't find any major problems.

Pagey, you mentioned that you were killed by a nade while hiding behind a wall, was this wall part of my new buildings or just one from the game, I ask this as I'm wondering if there is a problem with my buildings.

Rico, not sure why you have the crash at the barracks as there isn't that much going on there to slow the game down, as you said the crashes are not always in the same place it could be just one of those things.

If you look at the on screen messages near the end of the insertion road at the start of the mission then you will know why there are no waypoint markers until you get closer to an objective. :harhar:

So you are not the only one to see this as it's part of the mission design, tell you what Rico I'll buy you some new glasses for your birthday. :lol:

Thanks to all that have tested the mission, as always it's much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Pagey, you mentioned that you were killed by a nade while hiding behind a wall, was this wall part of my new buildings or just one from the game, I ask this as I'm wondering if there is a problem with my buildings.

Its the second M, but I dont remember well; :ph34r:

the one with the objective, or the one before.

Ill give a go this afternoon..and checkit out again.

(Am I allwoed to post a screen?)

Edited by pagey

I went NW this time instead of East M117s.

I crashed when i destroyed the explosives... :(

Had 30FPS average this time.

First try, going East-M117s, was 32-34FPS.

both using triplehead2go.(Loosing couple FPS from it)

Quad 2.4, 3G, 8800GTX.

Besidesthat, nothing unusual yet.

Hi Pagey,

Thanks for testing the map again, of course everyone is more than welcome to post screenshots.

Hmm, that's three players that have crashed at the Explosives objective, You, Kaapo and myself, I'm in two minds whether or not to change that objective for something a bit less resource hungry. Saying that though the MI17 objective takes much more resources so it's very strange why that one is causing problems.

I'll have another look to see if there is anything else there that could cause the game to crash.

John

Hi Pagey,

Thanks for testing the map again, of course everyone is more than welcome to post screenshots.

Hmm, that's three players that have crashed at the Explosives objective, You, Kaapo and myself, I'm in two minds whether or not to change that objective for something a bit less resource hungry. Saying that though the MI17 objective takes much more resources so it's very strange why that one is causing problems.

I'll have another look to see if there is anything else there that could cause the game to crash.

John

Hey John, I find it hard to give you enough praise for this map is one of your back beste masterpieces I found not so much as one place where there was a problem it was so exciting to me and MAD-M could not stop until after 4 hours we ride alone all the way to the end you have developed Graw 2 that players still after so many years and it is also myself love the game and as long as you're doing so good maps Ghostsoldiers Elite will exist my friend John as long as you continue to make so god work i dont spop play graw 2 i hope you cant read it as you know my english is not the best

Hi John,

I didn't test whole map (yet) but what I have seen is briliant!

I have one question. The informations about EMP and HUD restoring are repeating 2 times, are you did it purposely, or the triggers started 2 times?

Cheers,

Daro

If it can helps, it crashes right after detonate the charges.

I think too both M117 using more ressources, i have no clue.

(And they were fun to watch...:)

graw2-stabilise-2012-02-1420-36-40-14.jpg

Ill give antr try tonite, heading EXP objectives.

Then, I'll take screens and vids if needed (if I can reach the m117 building complex!) and test those walls again.

Cheers again for this Fun Map.

EDIT:I dont like reveal anything at beta stage so ill post screens only if needed. :P

Edited by pagey

John,

I crashed after 12mins of play, doin nothing specific, headin for the laptop and the xplosives.

I hope its a random crash and nothin anormal.

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(-1): cant find member: clear_all_weapon_slots_except in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\instancedescriptionmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\groupunit.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Ill launch again in a few. Hoping to clear it all again.

After 4 attempt I made thru once, and crashed 3 times.

Good to see you testing my missions again Ebk, pleased you liked the mission and didn't have any problems. I've no intention of giving up making maps/missions for the game so don't worry about that.

As I mentioned before it takes longer to get these out now I'm making at least two new buildings for each mission, when I have enough buildings to cover a map I hope to try my hand at making a landscape, it might be nice to have a complete new custom map with new buildings.

Daro, some of the on screen messages will show twice, I did this to give players time to read them when they are busy trying to stay alive. :D

Pagey, thanks again for your patience testing the map over and over. I think the crash you are having is down to the game or your PC running out of resources.

You have a 8800GTX video card. I used to use a 9800GTX+ and had regular crashes and getting the same crash log as you posted, since upgrading my PC with a GTX 480 1.5Gig of ram I find the game very stable and get very little problems with the game crashing, however it did crash at the Explosives objective in this mission.

Most testers here haven't reported any crashes so I believe it's not a bug in the script or it would crash at the same place every time, sorry Pagey but I think you are just being unlucky.

I hope your next test comes out better as I do fell somewhat guilty when you keep on having these problems.

Many thanks, :thumbsup:

John

Hey John,

I finished your map and I have nothing to say.

All works perfect :thumbsup:

I read yours first post, but still I am thinking that you could type some code to show few times markers (I think I know why you did this in this way :thumbsup: ) :whistle: after almost all objectives done i was running whole over the map looking for the last one.

Maybe it is bad idea, but if you could add one trigger to add objectives and remove them after 20 sec. and repeat it 2 maybe 3 times it would be better, or just after some objecives, show markers and hide them? It still will be a reference to try to repair hud ;)

Cheers,

Daro

Hi again John.

First I wanna say Im not complaining, just reporting, ill never ever complain about crashes or lag.

I got decent rig but i might be low-mid end by todays standard.

Im upgrading from 3g to 8g ram next week, should improve a bit. <_<

The triplehead is maybe too much from now, but again, I crashed 2 times,

not using 3 screens, both sides monitors off, so its reaaly a problem on my own. :ph34r:

The two more crashes at the explosives.

TAW BLJ and MADMAXSA join my server, went good till EXP.

Blow doors n laptop then MAd put charges on A and I put charge on B.

Mad detonates, we crashed as the image standstill in vid and as u hear me swear in french. :lol:

54abcf-4.jpg

Second try, I suggest to leave it n complete the other Objs but charges were alrdy put.

Again I crashed as the first charge explodes.

54abf2-4.jpg

Anyway i wont post about it anymore unless i found something unusual.

I really like that effort, it brings new dimension.Keep on.We need it. :thumbsup:

Edited by pagey

Hi Pagey,

It must be very frustrating for you when the game keeps crashing, all that work to get to the Explosives and what do you get for it, crash!!!

Where possible I want everyone to be able to play my missions so with that in mind I think that objective needs to be changed, what I might do is use a different building which has just a ground floor and put both of the objectives on the same level.

I still think it's a resource problem but it isn't helped by using a two storey building.

Thanks,

John