Texas Militia - Expansion Pack

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was just feeling insane so I made some funny spirals. Used Paint.NET and just played around with some Distort effects. The whole sig just started out as a red rectangle across the canvas, but I effect-ed it and then cropped it to the correct GR.net size. Black text is kind of hard to see though. Wish they'd up the pixel limit.

I'll try just making it a bit bigger first, then if I'm still helpless I'll send it to you. thumbsup.gif

Missions 01-03 are done. Mission 04, a sniper-requiring mission is underway.

Dang, you're gonna have to be a good sniper to beat the first part of this one. snipe.gif

Nighttime, 300m away, 1 second flash of lightning to get your shot in, bad angle.....Too hard? hehe.gif

Okay, that made it easier.

I was using my AW50, but being set up as a grenade-launcher, it is a bit slower and I finally saw that the projectile fell short of my target.

This presented me with the question:

Should I man up and calculate my shot, or use a cheat code to switch to a higher velocity rifle?

I, obviously, chose the latter.

Tried it with the M24 and it is still pretty hard -- however, you can nail the passenger in front seat which causes them to jump out. Pretty fun.

Remember cinematics will crash a dedi server, if coop has these in. If so, create a second set of missions without them.

Short vehicle insertions are always a nice touch, just try to keep them short, as after a few plays they do get tedious. Peeps just want to insert and get on with it... :thumbsup:

I actually only thought of the MP and SP sets of missions a few days ago. Before that I'd always use ContinueIfGameModeCoop, which had some issues. Let's say I have a chopper insertion, well, the chopper might show up as a silhouette on a dedi server, which could cause crashes, but having a SP only and MP only set works way better.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for lack of updates. I've been busy but still working away on the mod. Stalled out on the fifth mission, as I always do when I have to script the activation of more than two effects at a time (laziness).

Been going thru the kits as well, resetting the magazine counts, which is no easy undertaking. New set up:

Low-cap handguns - 10 mags

High-cap handguns - 8 mags

High-cap rifles - 6 mags

Low-cap rifles - 8 mags

Rockets - 2-4 rounds

Frags - 2-8 according to class

I'm really starting to wonder why I spend all this work to make a mod for an ungrateful community who is more excited about Ubisoft's <game that is associated with adjectives which I will not use here> than anything else. Oh sure it's nice to get a thank you or two, but most of it is just a lot of work, a lot of complaints, and a lot of neglect. Back in '03 it might have been worthwhile to mod, but there really aren't enough people interested in [GR] anymore for me to waste my time on this.

Saying "I'm really starting to wonder why I spend all this work to make a mod for an ungrateful community" is a bit harsh Riley.

It's natural that when a new game comes out there will be a lot of interest especially on here as it has Ghost Recon in it's title.

I think the die hard GR community here are more than grateful for the great work you are doing with your mods. After all the downloads for your CL campaign speaks for itself. :thumbsup:

It just seems like a hopeless cause to sit here making more and more missions for people (I can only think of 3 people I know right now) who'll enjoy them, but sooner or later stop gaming or move on to something else, which most die-hard members around here have done. I've got plenty of work to do in real life and I really just don't feel the same spark I used to when I modded. I think a lot of modders who left probably had the same feeling. Jack57, jay316, ApexMods (maybe?), even Tinker isn't modding for [GR] as far as I can tell. It's almost like I'm the last modder for this game. Oh sure, every once in awhile some noob gets on and says 'hey, I'm making a campaign', but they just disappear as fast as they came. We're obviously in the generation of Call of Duty and Battlefield, and while you'd think this new GR title would make most hardcore players go back to our roots in [GR], it doesn't seem to be working that way.

I finally have to face it, [GR] is dead, or at least on its last leg. No servers, no modders, no support, not really much left here.

Once again, that makes me feel like I should leave because being against Future Soldier, the only thing I'm going to be contributing to is complaints, since all discussion is about it.

Edited by RileyFletcher_01

It just seems like a hopeless cause to sit here making more and more missions for people (I can only think of 3 people I know right now) who'll enjoy them

i feel the same about spec ops, sorry to make it sound like a "me me me" comment, but i'm just saying i feel your pain.

I'm not talking crap when i say this:

no matter if I am pro GRFS, that's just because i've become open minded about it and i've grown to just accept it, i WAS once a very annoyed girl that it wasn't GHOST RECON, but i thought "what the heck, its a game, it'll keep me occupied for another hour" I will ALWAYS stay loyal to what Ghost Recon 1 was and IS, no game Ubi make that involves that tech, no modability and lack of tactics, will be a ghost recon game.

And you have a right to be against GRFS, if you want to, PM me and :rant: away if you want :thumbsup:

The Modding community for Ghost Recon 1 has gotten smaller admittedly, but that should not stop you from carrying on TXM, i'm frankly looking forward to it, my mum reads over my shoulder now and then and she is also looking forward to it, heck, you were nearly responsible for her coming back so she could congratulate you on stepping up and making mods, despite the impending release of Future Soldier.

All the other mods have been played, and i've gotten bored of them, TXM and Claiming liberty have been great,and Claiming Liberty will continue to be. the scripting in both is, simply said, GENIUS.

you know, you've got a solid mod in the running here, and just because there isn't a wide variety of people responding does not mean that people aren't interested, i've seen a few names on the viewing bit who haven't responded and they are regularly on there. once it's in the download section, the download count will just rise and rise and rise, because it's a FANTASTIC mod, I'm sure if you keep to the good books, the news page will broadcast it so guests will see it.

Mate, don't let all this fantastic work go to waste because of Ubi's sorry excuse of a sequel, keep at it, ###### future soldier! act like it was canceled and people are just talking complete ######, get this mod done and in the download section. then relax knowing that it was MORE THAN a job well done.

If this was a physical face to face conversation there would most likely be a supportive hug at the end, so give yourself a supportive hug from me, and keep up the good work :)

P.S Apex goes "quiet" sometimes apparently.

Edited by Zeealex

Something I feel you seem to overlook. Myself as example, always making new things on a weekly basis. I make new things for me, and friends who join me on Sundays. I bet half my work, nobody outside of my friends will ever see. I do have something new very close to release also, but if nobody wants to play it, I do not really worry about that. We enjoy it.

Sure there are many others out there the same.

Because you post your work and updates, I bet loads of people do download and play it, but just do not like posting about it.

Try not to let it make you feel otherwise, enjoy creating, and playing.

Someone mentioned my name? :rocky:

Speaking for myself, I have definitely NOT left GR modding behind, and I have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future, but my RL job has an average workload of 12-16 hours a day and I rarely have a free weekend. I am not complaining, as I like my work, but it simply doesn't allow me the time for GR modding I used to have. After all, I also try to maintain some resemblance of a social life with friends and family. I could imagine it's similar for others around here, as more than 10 years have passed since GR was launched and we've all grown a bit older.

But GR still holds a special place in my heart. Whenever I manage to find a couple of hours of spare time here and there I keep working on Heroes Unleashed. Wish it would move along faster and I didn't tear up quite so many aspects of the mod at once, as now I am forced to work on loads and loads of things before everything comes back together again. Anyhow, I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Riley, I think you should first and foremost do your modding for your own fun and enjoyment. Sharing your work with others can then be just the icing on the cake, so to speak. That way you don't open yourself up to disappointment and frustration quite so much.

As for GR being dead... NOT ON MY WATCH! I'd personally give it mouth to mouth! And I still have something up my sleeves... :whistle:

It just seems like a hopeless cause to sit here making more and more missions for people (I can only think of 3 people I know right now) who'll enjoy them

i feel the same about spec ops, sorry to make it sound like a "me me me" comment, but i'm just saying i feel your pain.

I'm not talking crap when i say this:

no matter if I am pro GRFS, that's just because i've become open minded about it and i've grown to just accept it, i WAS once a very annoyed girl that it wasn't GHOST RECON, but i thought "what the heck, its a game, it'll keep me occupied for another hour" I will ALWAYS stay loyal to what Ghost Recon 1 was and IS, no game Ubi make that involves that tech, no modability and lack of tactics, will be a ghost recon game.

And you have a right to be against GRFS, if you want to, PM me and :rant: away if you want :thumbsup:

The Modding community for Ghost Recon 1 has gotten smaller admittedly, but that should not stop you from carrying on TXM, i'm frankly looking forward to it, my mum reads over my shoulder now and then and she is also looking forward to it, heck, you were nearly responsible for her coming back so she could congratulate you on stepping up and making mods, despite the impending release of Future Soldier.

All the other mods have been played, and i've gotten bored of them, TXM and Claiming liberty have been great,and Claiming Liberty will continue to be. the scripting in both is, simply said, GENIUS.

you know, you've got a solid mod in the running here, and just because there isn't a wide variety of people responding does not mean that people aren't interested, i've seen a few names on the viewing bit who haven't responded and they are regularly on there. once it's in the download section, the download count will just rise and rise and rise, because it's a FANTASTIC mod, I'm sure if you keep to the good books, the news page will broadcast it so guests will see it.

Mate, don't let all this fantastic work go to waste because of Ubi's sorry excuse of a sequel, keep at it, ###### future soldier! act like it was canceled and people are just talking complete ######, get this mod done and in the download section. then relax knowing that it was MORE THAN a job well done.

If this was a physical face to face conversation there would most likely be a supportive hug at the end, so give yourself a supportive hug from me, and keep up the good work :)

P.S Apex goes "quiet" sometimes apparently.

You're right and I'm wrong. I'm acting like an idiot throwing a pity party because I can't get away with griping about FS anymore. It's high time for me to face the fact that this is Future Soldier, not Ghost Recon, and if I'm all for [GR] then I should shut up and play it. Hopefully you guys will put up with me; you might have noticed that I'm hard to deal with and slow to learn. I guess that's why my two cattahoulas are more enjoyable company for me than most people. Hope your mom comes back, always good to have another hardcore fan of [GR] here.

Thanks for waking me up, Alex.