GR:O over GR:FS?

cybersidd

Well keeping in mind the drama overshadowing GR:FS, aren't we better off supporting a game that is specifically designed for the PC (even if it's based on a free to play model) instead of clamoring for a game that could turn out to be a poorly made console port, especially when we are apparently getting nothing other than reluctant and indistinct responses from Ubi? Worth a thought, isn't it?

Both the games have

- a TPS perspective

- are seemingly based off each other (futuristic nonsense and all)

- and have major deviations from GR, gameplay wise anyways.

So instead of a GR:FS we end up with a GR:O, is this so bad? (Even if GR:FS has improved visuals and a singleplayer campaign (a BIG plus btw)) Especially if GR:O happens to have an excellent UI and gameplay and is thoroughly supported by Ubi. Personally, I would rather play a game that is optimised for the PC instead of a game that is primarily made for consoles. (But could have a MODIFIED PC version, along the lines of the GR:AW series)

What say..??

So instead of a GR:FS we end up with a GR:O, is this so bad

Yes if like me you happen to be someone who has no interest in TvT/PvP type game play :shifty:

I only play GR in co-op mode on line. and still play a lot of SP too. :thumbsup:

So GR:O is a none starter for me and GR:FS well im not bothered if it comes out on PC or not, as its so different from other titles, I may get it if it does make the jump from concel to PC but only once it reaches the bargin bin at the game stores :thumbsup:

TvT and PvP playstyles are the cornerstones of any FTP game. As the company can make money off people who are willing to spend money to get access to stuff before others. I can't see this working in a singleplayer context as the player would get a free game with no incentive to pay for it! However if Ubi could come out with a paid singleplayer campaign (as a DLC) it wouldn't be that bad. I think Ubi might add coop missions in GR:O not sure though. (Why wouldn't they?)

yeah true, but you could have one campaign, just a small one, and then have expansions for it ready to buy and stuff. co-op, yes, so long as it is all right on Linux on my laptop (really low spec) so i can play it with my mates and stuff. but it would be good if a simple single player campaign was added on the stock game, however i would be happy to pay for a campaign as i am paying for the bits i want. and not for the bits i don't.

it wouldn't be so bad if GR:O had a campaign, or allowed a campaign to be added in. but it's just all multiplayer which is a let down for SP and Co-op Players, and people with no internet.

IDK, I could live with MP only, and even be very excited about GR:O if it were in essence Ghost Recon's MP versus modes and settings rebooted on a new engine!

zorro.gif

Edited by 101459

• 3 weeks later...