Respawning in online campaign mode helpHi

]Hi all,

I'm after a little help. My friend and I are hoping to play some online co-op and campaign missions to amuse ourselves on the odd evening.

I installed GRAW2 last night having not really played it, sticking to GRAW1 which I'm more used to.

I set up an online campaign server with just myself in it to see how it all worked. I set the respawn slider to '0' thinking it would be like in co-op mode and give myself infinite respawns, (I'm only a casual player) but eventually when I succumbed to my wounds, I didn't respawn but was faced with the option of restarting or going back to the menu.

I then changed the slider to the max available, 9 respawns, thinking that 0 actually meant just that, but when I died I still didn't respawn but was faced with the same option of restart or menu.

I'm sure it's me just being a numpty, but I would appreciate it greatly if one of you more knowledgeable guys could point out to me where I'm going wrong. I've looked at the other settings available to me before I launch a game and couln't see anything else that looked like it would make a difference.

I'm running GRAW2 on the latest 1.05 patch with the latest Brettzies weapons mod, though I'm sure his mod has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for any help.

Rykers.

Hi Rykers,

Sorry but there are no respawns when playing coop campaign, I don't know why Ubi didn't make it the same as normal coop play then you could choose if you wanted respawns.

I always play them single player using the save points but then you are stuck with your AI team mates.

Hope that helps,

John

Thanks John and Tinker for your swift replies.

Please forgive my ignorance about this game, I literally just installed it yesterday having installed it once about 18 months ago, taking it straight off again when I realised there were hardly any custom co-op missions for it, which is all I play with GRAW.

I see there are a lot more custom co-op missions available now and I didn't realise at the time that you could play the ,SP campaign with a buddy, which seems pretty cool. As my friend has GRAW2 also, it seemed like a good idea to try it again.

Could you just explain to me Tinker how the respawns work in campaign co-op. I usually host the game so going by GRAW1, i would be team leader. Would he get an option to respawn on me which is obvious to him should he go down? Is it only him that has a respawn option, or if I go down, can I respawn on him, even though I'm the host? If I set the number of respawns in the settings to 0 does that mean infinite?

Sorry for so many questions, I can't try this out with my friend online at the moment as he's having problems with Steam which he's got GRAW2 with.

One last one, will my mate need to have the Brettzies weapons mod installed to be compatible with me online? I presume so if I'm running it.. Haven't installed it on his copy yet as his game is with Steam and he's messed up somehow and needs to fix it first. Do you know if it'll install ok with a Steam copy of GRAW2? Just to make matters worse he's got that awful OS known as Vista.

Ok guys, thanks for helping me out. We'll hopefully get online soon and put all this into practice, but in the meantime, I really appreciate your taking some time for a GRAW2 newbie.

Cheers for now.

Rykers.

Just as an after thought,

was just reading the thread about 'God' mode in SP. Is it possible to edit an .xml file for the online campaign to allow for greater hits before you go down, as an alternative to not being able to respawn a whole lot if that's the case?

If I turn off anti-cheat (which to be honest I don't need on anyway, as there's just the two of us playing co-op) would it be possible to hook up online without my mate being kicked for cheating?

Don't know the ins and outs of this game to know if that's a really stupid question or not. Apologies if it is. :stupid:

Cheers.

Sure you can respawn in coop campaign. You respawn on the team leader, however the team leader has to be in a safe spot, not taking fire, for you to respawn. It is unlimited respawn, but the game ends if all is down.

I stand corrected. :D

I know you can respawn on the team leader in GR:AW as I think there is an option for than in the setup screen but I didn't think you could do that in GR:AW2. :unsure:

Saying that I haven't played coop campaign, I only play the campaigns as single player, I spend most of my time making these missions so I don't get much chance to play the game these days.

Hi John,

If I remember correctly, in GRAW you could respawn as long as you weren't the host (therefore Squad Leader) and you could only respawn if there were AI in the squad.

For example, just two of us playing means as long as I didn't go down, my mate would be able to respawn twice then it would be curtains for him after that. Three in the squad would mean only the first one to go down would get a chance to respawn and then it was out for good after that. (we're all in our 40's and 50's and just casual gamers)

Long time since I played that way in GRAW but that's how I remember it. It was very frustrating having been playing the original Ghost Recon and all the add-on packs for ages very happily, buying GRAW assuming new was better, and suddenly we had to put up with that or nothing.

I for one was very happy when they finally patched the game with the OGR co-op mode and we could all play again and actually make use of the game.

I'm finding GRAW2 a bit frustrating to use compared to GRAW, and I'm dying almost instantly playing custom co-op by myself, even on the easy setting. Just need to get used to it probably. I remember playing Ghost Recon for the first time and thinking the same thing. Up until then it had been Half-Life and Quake 1 and 2, lol.

I'm rambling so better stop. :rolleyes:

Cheers for your posts.

Rykers.

If I remember correct, the host initially is the team leader. Only the team leader has a command map. If the team leader dies and someone else is alive, they will become the leader. You then have to move to a safe spot and not take direct fire before your mate will automagically spawn on your position.

Thanks for that Tinker,

It sounds better than the GRAW method before it was patched with OGR Co-op.

Cool, just need to wait for my mucker to get his Steam account sorted then we can try it out.

Cheers for the replies fella's, I'm glad that the Ghost Recon series is still kicking and that this site has been a source of mods and help for so long.

All the best.

Rykers.