Piracy/DRM concerns mean PC getting F2P instead ?

Guess what, the GRAW1 I installed today wouldn't accept the 16-digit code printed on the manual. .. And the printing of the code on the manual was sufficiently crude to be easily misread ("is that a V or a U and is that a 5 or an S?"). It didn't even have the usual four boxes for 4-letter sequences: I had to include a hyphen between each 4 letters.

Yeh I hate that too, and it's not just GRAW, other games are guilty of it too, even Microsoft's validation codes with new windows installations.

You'd think that with millions of dollars behind these games they could have the brain cells to know that certain letters and numbers (i l 0 o O) should be excluded from the code, and have the coding know how to have the hyphen insert automatically, or at least jump to the next box once the previous one was filled.

Make it easy for the paying customer? BAH.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From our news page...

Ubisoft's UK Forum Manager has this to say yesterday

"Please be aware no official announcements have been made regarding the PC version.
Secondly, Ubisoft's Antoine Emond has reportedly tweeted

"Don't believe all rumours you can read on the Internet. Official information is always better. #GRFS "
The confusion lies with sites like Eurogamer saying that Ubisoft told them last Thursday while discussing Ghost Recon Future Soldier that

Ghost Recon Online is the PC equivalent
Has something simply been lost in translation, and if so, why haven't Ubisoft clarified interviews with PC Gamer and Eurogamer to make it crystal clear whether Ghost Recon Future Soldier is coming to the PC or not?

At this moment in time, PC Gamer's Ubisoft interview remains intact and un-edited, stating that Future Soldier is a Console release only. PC Gamer have declined to comment further.

To me, and I said this earlier, I think PC Gamer made a mistake in that article, and for some unknown reason have failed to correct it. My gut feeling is that there is a GRFS for the PC being developed, but Ubisoft are stopping short of confirming this because (1) they are focussed on console versions right now and (2) they are keeping their options open.

And not to get too picky, but when Ubisoft say ""Please be aware no official announcements have been made regarding the PC version."- the CONFIRMS there is a PC version, if there was not it would have said "Please be aware no official announcements have been made regarding a PC version.

And not to get too picky, but when Ubisoft say ""Please be aware no official announcements have been made regarding the PC version."- the CONFIRMS there is a PC version, if there was not it would have said "Please be aware no official announcements have been made regarding a PC version.

On the other hand. Ubi have not stood up and put all these rumours (on pretty much every major gaming site) to rest, with a simple answer, indicates that there is no PC version. It would simply be insane to not jump on top of this right now, otherwise, how can anyone keep an interest here?