HAPPY BIRTHDAY GHOST RECON

Rocky

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GHOST RECON!

happybirthdaygr.jpg

Ten years ago today, on November the 13th 2001 Ghost Recon was released! Happy Birthday Ghost Recon!

Building up to this 10th birthday we've been giving away a full Ghost Recon Pack on Steam featuring every game in the series every week for 20 weeks!

We'll be running several other features over the next week to celebrate this awesome birthday, starting with the release of a full brand new unofficial expansion pack.

The mod features a full new campaign scripted with classic Ghost Recon tactical strategy, and you'll be able to download it in less than an hour!

Long Live Ghost Recon!

Happy Birthday Ghost Recon!

:bday:

Yep, I'm still alive and I haven't forgotten about my favorite game! Hope you guys are all doing well? Once again so sorry for the long absence, but RL keeps getting in the way big time, so my special plans for GR's anniversary had to be put on hold once more. Wish I had time for a vacation or something to get back into GR and HU soon, but alas...

Anyhow, many many thanks to Rocky and all of GR.net for keeping this brilliant game alive!

Ghost Recon Forever!

Ten years, and still being played, modded and talked about, and still the yardstick for tactical shooters. :bday: GR!

I still can't believe OGR is still considered the yardstick for tactical shooters lol, you would think something out of the 10 years would replace it. Happy birthday Ghost Recon!

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you also. I miss the "original" Ghost Recon to this day in addition to being an active part of the community here at GhostRecon.net. Will try to stop by more frequently.

Regarding my old mods, funny you should ask. ;) Years ago I owned the domain name, lowpro.net which I let lapse. Someone snatched it up and it has been unavailable for all these years since. Every year or two I'd check. Well last week I discovered that it was once again available so I purchased it along with a web hosting package for 10 years. The terms of service for the web hosting package state I have to have a website up and running, so just for kicks I resurrected the old website I used to have when I was hosting lan parties here in Maryland on a monthly basis. Still had all the files for the website. Just needed to update the hyperlinks of course and upload everything to my new webspace. The last time the website saw the light of day was back in the fall of 2002! Was pretty cool to resurrect the site. If you are missing any of the maps that I did they can be downloaded via the "Downloads" section of the website which also includes preview screenshots of each map. If you happen to load the site on a computer running Windows XP and have "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear" still installed in the default program files directory different music tracks from the Rogue Spear game directory will play for each section of the website you are viewing. :P The website address is www.lowpro.net. Still can't believe I own the domain name once again. Must have been meant to be.

Well that us amazing! It was about 2 weeks ago I was trying to find a mod of yours and I was searching google for all sorts of words including Maryland LAN party lol!!

I will check out your resurrected site when u get home in a few hours , awesome!!

LOL ... wow that's too cool. Yep, the old Maryland LAN Party site is once again on the net. I particularly like the intro movie that states the site has been designed for a desktop resolution of 1024x768 using 16-bit color and Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater. Now that's old school! :thumbsup:

If you have a computer running Windows XP with Rogue Spear installed to the default directory you really have to check the site out that way. The music track that I have playing locally from the game directory when the site initially loads is timed perfectly with the intro. The music ends just as the credits to Red Storm Entertainment are shown prior to being taken to the news page and each section of the site plays a different music cue from the game directory which definately brings back memories of playing the single player missions. I may just have to break out my Rogue Spear cd and install in on my XP box I still have here at the house. :P While I'm at it I think I'll rip the audio tracks as well. Always loved the music from the Rogue Spear series. :whistle: