Time...... to play the MW3 campaign

Pave Low

in anticipation of MW3, I played the MW campaign in a single sitting on Sunday afternoon (just over 5 hours)

and then played the MW2 campaign through last-night (approx 6 hours)

Both really looked great with some fantastic scenery in all of the missions hard to choose favourites (will be playing all again soon)

but I did particularly enjoy the Pripyat mission in MW, what an amazing looking and feeling realistic map

and in MW2 really liked the slow-mo when breaching the hostage rooms and then later the zip line down the canyon, (something that Rainbow six series could really have done with)

Oh well time to start the MW3 campaign (although sadly it wont be played in one sitting as probably only get an hour to play it tonight) :D

see you on the battlefield :thumbsup:

in anticipation of MW3, I played the MW campaign in a single sitting on Sunday afternoon (just over 5 hours)

and then played the MW2 campaign through last-night (approx 6 hours)

LOL, I did the same thing as you when MW2 came out ... I played through the MW1 campaign again to refresh my memory about the storyline, and because I recalled it rocked the first time around.

I won't be playing through MW2 this time as I still pretty much remember what happened. MW2 SP was very impressive too except for the boneheaded storyline decision for the airport level.

please post any findings on possibility of accessing the console like MW.

I want to see if I can get different camera angles to make a montage.

I'm pretty much going to wait till the price drops to $20 (I know its going to be a while) since I'll be playing SP only. The MP of MW never intrigue me to hop in, as much as BF series. I like vehicles in BF3 and having a total war experience in a larger scale vs individuals shooting each other.

great game so far I love the new version of "the pit" plays smooth as silk on PS3. AND it didnt require a huge install... which I dont understand how but it loaded up in a few seconds and I didn't ever see an install. Anyone experience that as well?

I probably spent more time on MW2 MP two years ago than I should have. It was fun and I can see why it has millions of fans. Great maps and addictive level up/achievement system too

great game so far I love the new version of "the pit" plays smooth as silk on PS3. AND it didnt require a huge install... which I dont understand how but it loaded up in a few seconds and I didn't ever see an install. Anyone experience that as well?

Well, it doesn't appear like MW3's graphics are much different than MW2, so they have had 2 years to tweak and optimize the game's engine for current consoles.

In fact, HardOCP isn't even going to bother benchmarking MW3 PC as it claims the graphics "suck" and outdated compared to BF3

http://hardocp.com/news/2011/11/09/modern_warfare_3_graphics_suck63

(check out comments for opinions on console version graphics)

Might have to do with what graphics options you chose: Here's an interesting article to get the best appearance on the PC

Modern Warfare 3 PC: Much better image quality without console upscaling

Edited by Tinker
Fixed bad link

yeah well Ill take performance over max out quality anytime. Having a blast. not sure I would take a Overclocking blog as a opinion that would sway my purchases either.

Also looked up sales:

Battlefield 3 first week sales: 5 million copies which is awesome. definitely a hit despite servers offline and not being able to play it at times,

Modern Warfare 3 First day sales: 6 million copies were sold and estimating over 18 million copies will be sold by Christmas 2011. So I would say it's a huge hit as well.

I seen it myself when I went in at midnight and seen the line 2 blocks long and stayed that way until 2am (I work next door to a Gamestop and work nights so I didnt wait in line :) )

Edited by twcrash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Five dollars maybe. That's probably how much I'd pay for a game I only play when I feel like being abused, feeling dizzy, and eventually rage quitting.

I actually am interested in buying it at the right price. I start wanting to play modern warfare 2 now and then but good old Steam wants me to change passwords by checking an outdated email address I never even remember having. When I f inally get that done, it starts trying to install and download an eleven gigabytes update. I finally gave up on it and stuck to playing the first MW.