BF3 Impressions [from the Beta]

twcrash

Hey everyone,

Anyone else having the Dolphin diving glitch fest that was BF2 experience I am having with BF3? I have played probably 20+ rounds and I don't think I have gotten through one that people didn't hack or glitch in. One of the last ones a guy ran towards me, jumped,dived and disappeared only to knife me afterwards. Anyways I don't see me buying this one. Also I didn't find the graphics much better than the BFBC versions. maybe it's me but I have been around the block long enough to know when I ain't gona enjoy a game and I ain't feeling BF3. What about you?

It's disappointing that they did not forsee the dolphin diving thing, but I think the game has promise. Despite the high requirements, it actually runs well on older GFX cards, and looks okay. I'm looking forward to playing as a squad in it, it has potential.

I enjoy playing the Modern Warfare games from time to time, but the multiplayer is so un-tactical. I love the movment abilities such as jumping across a three-foot gap into a window to stab someone (I feel like Jason Bourne sometimes :lol:), but they ruin it with perks and killstreaks and the hardcore and core modes. I mean, you have a fifty caliber sniper rifle, you hit a guy in the head. He flinches, and does a 360 with his .22 handgun and one shot kills you. And then you kill this noob four times in a row, so he gets these jacked up power ups that lets him survive a rocket strike on his position. And then there's last stand, where you point-blank someone with a shotgun, so he magically gets a pistol in his hand and guns you down. And then in BF, you spawn right next to a building with a sniper in it, you gun him down with a machine gun, but wait, he has superman abilities and miracuously one shots you in the foot with his sniper while bleeding to death. And then, you might actually get a kill, but some noob flies over you with his helicopter and kills you every time you spawn. BF is even worse about damage attributes of weapons. I mean, a bolt action sniper pretty muchly has to get a one shot kill, because the guys run at about 24mph away from you, so you never get a second chance. And then of course, you can't make any mods for it, so it's the same scripting cinematic 'experience' time after time, unless you like playing multiplayer, which is just as bad. :thumbsup: That's my opinion.

You can't play a Beta as if it were a demo.

There were a lot of bugs in the beta which is to be expected but from the comments I've seen from people who have gone to events that are hosting more updated code the game plays really well. DCRU Colin is a good source on youtube.

Some of the netcode was frustrating but it didn't leave me saying "xyz game is definitely better then this". Strictly my opinion based on my game preference but this will be one of the best titles for me for 2011.

I steered away from the beta, plus reading too much into the publics opinion of the beta this time.

Looking forward to seeing the full version here for SP at least. :)

MP seems to be ruined these days in any game by glitching/cheating, outside of well run servers. :rolleyes:

I will purchase this game and will have fun with it but with the thought that it is not Ogr or ArmA. When released and playing with folks you know it will be a better game just like CoD4 Weekends we had at Sparta was much much better than going into an open server.

Yeah it is run and gun but if you run with a squad it is much better and will hold me over till ArmA3 come out.

Would depend on how much you want that SP experience. :P

Really enjoyed BC2 / SP, I think this is going to be a really good game. There is very little else to choose out there right now for PC FPS players, that like some kind of fun, tactical game. :wacko:

COD is the game i want to play when I want to mindlessly kill lots of tangos. I do not need another title trying to be COD. BF, for me seems to have a refreshing recon side to it, from BC2 experience in SP.