Some Topical and Interesting UFO news

Rocky

Charles Hickson, the Mississippi man who claimed he was abducted and probed by aliens while he was fishing with a friend in 1973 and never backed off the story despite the ridicule he endured, has died. Hickson, 80, died last Friday of a heart attack, his family said on Tuesday.

Hickson, then 42, was fishing with 19-year-old Calvin Parker Jr. on a pier near Pascagoula, Mississippi in October 1973 when they said a cigar-shaped UFO with flashing blue lights suddenly appeared above them.

A door opened up, the two men later told authorities, and they were pulled into the craft by aliens, who paralyzed them, examined them on a table and then let them go.

hickson+y+parker.jpg

I can remember that photo from way back in my youth when I read a few UFO books. Charles Hickson died this week and through the wonders of the internet, we can all now listen to the man himself describe what happened to him, something we could not do back in 1973. The recount is utterly convincing.

Hickson describes the event.

Hickson describes the aftermath.

RIP Charlie, you convinced me anyway.

This got me doing some more UFO type reading, especially after seeing John Lear on an episode of Ancient Aliens today.

John Lear is a highly decorated air force pilot, son of John Lear the designer of the Lear aircraft. Pretty nice credentials.

I was listening to some of his interviews today and reading some UFO related stuff he has posted, it was interesting reading this stuff knowing of his credentials. I had previosuly read threads of his on the Above Top Secret website, not knowing who he was until today.

Anyway, then I stumbled upon a 4 part interview with him on YT, and he starts speaking about how the moon is artificial and was towed into orbit about 30,000 years ago!

:wall::unsure:

That is the interesting and frustrating dichotomy of ufology and its (typically) related phenomenon: conspiracy theories. I will not deny that Hickson and Parker experienced something extraordinary, and I'm willing to concede that we could take their reports at face value. However, this is one isolated case with two (apparently) convergent stories (although Parker's got weirder as the years went by). It does not validate any other abduction story, it certainly doesn't validate the stories that are only supported with hypnotic regression, or with dreams. It doesn't validate any Area-51 stories.

And the dichotomy is that we have these seemingly credible reports, and then somebody like Lear uses it to justify any crazy idea that kind-of, sort-of, when you squint and you're on acid, makes sense. It specifically damages the notion of extra-terrestrial life by combining it with countless ludicrous claims.