The Cartel Campaign

JohnTC02

Version 6 has been released.

On mission 05 Operation Solare there was a problem when playing the coop campaign, players would fall through the map when the mission starts, this has now been fixed.

The reason was that if you play the SP version then you start in the blackhawk but for the coop version you would start on the ground, due to the size of the spawn location players were spawning inside the mountain causing you to fall through the map.

Download v6.

wombat, there are only 4 slots when playing a coop campaign but I'm not sure what happens when the team leader dies as I only play campaigns in SP mode.

Spawn point is fixed. Map seemed to be working correctly. (No time for a thorough test so only a quick look, though. :P )

Played this through and enjoyed it very much. :thumbsup:

If Team NH were to play this online are there more then 4 slots and if the team leader dies is that the end of a mission?

wombat, there are only 4 slots when playing a coop campaign but I'm not sure what happens when the team leader dies as I only play campaigns in SP mode.

If multiple human players present, non-leader players (but I'm not sure about which one; everyone takes turns maybe?) will become the leader until he(or she) dies, in which situation the server player becomes the leader again.

Nevertheless, if there's only one human player, his death will bring the game to an end of course.

Edited by candy76041820

Sorry John...

but it can irritate when misson get next on server and you don't have it.... OK, I shall not disturb you about this any more and thx for the time you have taken to explain me about this... I look forward to see that map...

Forgive me if I had been boring.... BYE

• 1 month later...

Hi John,

A quick question about Operation Manosos, part of you Cartel campaign.

When I enter the river canal at the end of the mission, to make my way to the new extraction point, and I start to walk along, I obviouslt trigger something that spawns some AI behind cover etc, all as planned I would assume.

However, when they spawn I see a load of red diamonds where they've spawned behind cover ahead of me, which I don't get at any other time when playing, then I can hear very faint (what sounds like) gunfire and then the red diamonds disappear one by one along with death groans and thumps as the bodies hit the floor.

This happened at each trigger point all along the river and up into the extraction point, so everyone was killed for me apart from maybe 3 AI in differing places who seemed to have survived whatever killed everybody else.

I wondered if this was a bug or am I doing something wrong?

It happened again in the nest mission too, where the AI spawned ahead of me, but after seeing their diamonds appear, they were all killed very quickly one after another in the space of just a couple of seconds. Odd.

Otherwise, what a great campaign, thanks for all the work you've obviously put in. I'm only on mission four so far, so more to look forward to.

Cheers for any pointers you can give about the 'sudden death' AI.

Rykers.

Hi Rykers,

I have seen this problem before, Rahnman said he had the same thing happen to him a few times but I have no idea why this is happening.

There are no other friendly AI on the map so I don't know where the shooting is coming from.

It might be one of these strange bugs in GR:AW2 but I will look into it.

cheers,

John

Thanks John,

I appreciate anything you can do, but I'm really enjoying playing the campaign despite that little hiccup. It just seems a shame that you put in all that work along the canal and I didn't get to take on the challenge you'd set.

it's only happened the once in mission four, and only one spawned set of AI, though I'm damned if I could describe which bit of the mission it was, sorry.

I'll keep on playing though and if you manage to find a fix then brilliant, otherwise not to worry, I'll enjoy it anyway. :)

Cheers.

Rykers.

A NEW BUG DISCOVERED:

In the Gunrunner mission, player seem to be able to attach C4 to the electric box (the transmitter objective) multiple times.

Bug-1.jpg

As with the red box indicates, there are three messages saying "Objective Completed: Secure Transmitter".

Note the small green arrow inside the green box in the left. That's for the roadblock objective. However, near the crosshairs (righthand side, below) we can also see the mark for ADAT objective, which is still not completed.

Does the trigger which enables extraction work by counting the number of objectives completed? :rofl:

Edited by candy76041820

Thanks for the feedback Candy.

Looks like I forgot to make the transformer un-attachable after the objective is complete.

We didn't see the extraction start until all objectives are complete when testing the beta version, I must have done something when I was converting the mission to campaign.

Yep, there is a counter set which updates when each objective is complete, when the set amount are complete the extraction will start.

These bugs won't affect the mission so I'll wait to see if there are any major problems reported before I release an update.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

John

• 5 months later...

Finished this campaign (v6) without any problems.

It's really great and in some aspects better than the original one :)

My few thoughts:

- if the extractions wouldn't be those smokey things... it'd be great ;)

- teammates have problems with some added stuff on their route (like rearming boxes) and can get stuck.

- Adding more insertion points would make it even better.

All in all I wasn't expecting such a good campaign - hats off :)

Added:

One more thing: I can't remember the name of the mission... there were two buildings with antennas, and the small footbridge between their roofs: no AI map on this bridge, so NPC couldn't walk this way. This was really annoying...

Edited by utak3r

• 6 months later...

I have an issue with the first mission of the sp campaign (OP Coronado). I made it finally to the extraction point, but no pickup. I have to wait or is it Kill all enemies= extract?

And yes, I:

Didn't Kill Zuus

Blew up the Fuel point

Killed all three ADATS

Edited by EricJ

Hi Eric,

This is the first I have heard about this problem, no one has mentioned it before or during beta testing, I will take a good look at the first mission to see if there are any issues, probably won't get to it until the new year though.

The download you are using is the latest version so that is not the cause.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

John

Okay, because Tinker's four set works fine and I know it isn't yours, but having the same issue with Vitale's too. I can say they're good missions but the fact that they're not ending is the real bummer.

Well, as this is GRAW2, it's just abnormal for custom missions to have no bugs, I'd rather say. For AI teammates, failing to find a proper way to designated area is much too common, for instance.

Anyway, found out the issue. Seems it doesn't like modded installs, so on a hunch, I played the mission again "virgin" and it worked... And for future reference it was the Weapon Masters weapon mod with some tweaks of my own.

EDIT: Apparently it was the "u_multiplayer.xml" that was the real culprit, not so much the mod itself, so after deleting that I managed to move on with the Vitale campaign, and perhaps a note for the upload Rocky for SP mission play.

Edited by EricJ

Well I have to say after almost six missions this campaign is sniper intensive... maybe a bit too much IMHO but the intensity is where its at. Makes me want to get learning how to make campaigns...

But in all honesty a changeup at the end would be nice...

• 1 year later...

Hi John, (if you still visit here?)

a few years later and I find myself re-visiting this thread, having originally reported what I thought may be a bug in Operation Manosos, part of your Cartel campaign. As I got to certain trigger points, more enemy bots would spawn ahead of me, obviously part of your mission making. If all had worked I would never know they'd spawned, I would just come across them making my way through the map.

However, when they spawned they were visible by their enemy identifying red diamonds ahead of me, and within a second or two, all appeared to be killed off by gunfire that could be heard in the distance. You could watch all the diamonds disappear as the gunfire erupted until all were gone.

I may have found the answer.

When I re-installed GRAW 2 a few days ago, played your campaign and the exact same thing happened again on the first mission, I wondered if it was the game taking out extra bots because it was on 'easy' mode.

I replayed the first mission again just now on 'normal' to see what would happen and lo', no red diamonds or distant gunfire, but a lot of extra bots appearing where before there had only been the weapons left behind by the bots that had been killed off.

So, only a few years late, but having remembered this thread, thought I would post in case you were interested. You may not be now, but if it happens to anyone else, they may read this and know how to possibly fix it.

Normal didn't seem too different from easy to be honest, just more enemy bots now, and that wasn't such a bad thing.

Cheers.

Rykers.

Hi Rykers,

Thanks for the reply and yeah I'm on here every day it's just that I'm not doing any modding these days.

I remember when I was making Operation Armageddon Rahnman and the TAW team mentioned something similar in that they would hear distant gunfire and all the AI in that area was killed by some strange unknown gunman, we never could find out what caused it but it didn't happen that often.

The difference between the easy and hard modes is just that different amounts of AI are spawned depending on the difficulty level, plus some maps will have different amount of objectives.

There was nothing in the scripting that would kill of any AI if you played the easy version.

John

Hi John,

I was thinking that maybe this is a bug or something? Because of where I had saved the game, I was able to restart just near where this happened, and every time I crossed the same point, (it was a few times because I kept getting knocked off by a hidden gunman :blush: ) the diamonds would all appear, the gunfire would be heard, all the diamonds would disappear. That was on easy.

As soon as I restarted and got to that point on normal (hard is starting to take the fun out for me) the phenomenon didn't happen. They all still spawned, but weren't killed off. I had to work my through them all with some 5.56mm, which hadn't happened before.

Although I can't do mission making, I thought it would have been a very odd way to take out extra enemy to make it easier.

Anyway, at least it seems I may have found a way to stop it happening. I can't say 100% yet because I haven't got to the Manosos mission. I know for sure that it happened again along the canal at the end. If it doesn't happen there either, I'll let you know here.

Thanks for your reply, and cheers for all your missions and maps, myself and the boys will be playing a lot of them over the next few months. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Cheers. :cheers: